Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Sep 2017 #21
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,457
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    As for the case, yes both motherboards would fit in that case. For the ram, if you are choosing G Skill ram (which I llike) if you will go to G Skill's site and look up that model of ram, it will have a QVL list which will tell you which boards it has been tested in. For example, the G Skill ram you chose for System 1 Ram. G Skill states it is made for the Intel X99 boards and there are no AMD boards listed for it ( http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2666c15d-8grr ). The second rig with the Aegis G Skill ram also states it is built for Intel Systems but has no QVL list. It is also a single 8 GB stick. I would recommend buying either 2 8 GB sticks or 2 4 GB sticks if you want to stay with 8 GB. It makes it run in dual channel mode. You can also look up your motherboard on the manufacturer's web site and it will have a QVL list for ram, which will tell you the ram they tested it with.

    I also don't see a CPU cooler listed. I have never used the stock CPU coolers from the CPU Manufacturer. They tend to be not very good, especially if you want to overclock or keep the CPU stressed for long periods. If you can afford it, I would recommend an SSD too. That will be a great improvement in performance for you. I have always maintained that an SSD is the single most noticeable upgrade you can do to a computer. An M.2 PCIe SSD is even better. I believe both boards have M.2 slots in them.

    As for the graphics card, it is a decent performing GPU. My biggest concern is some of the newer games coming out will use more than the 3 GB of Vram the card has. If you are a gamer, I would buy the best graphics card I can afford. The power supplies you picked are sufficient for the rig you are building, but they will stop you if you ever decide to buy a better graphics card. I would consider a bigger PSU so that the PSU does not run at near it's max and lasts longer and provides ample upgrade room. Failing that, if you were to want a better GPU in the future, you would have to buy a new PSU to run it. Most PSUs run more efficiently at 65-70% of their max.

    Those are just some of my thoughts on your parts list.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    12 Sep 2017 #22
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    As for the case, yes both motherboards would fit in that case. For the ram, if you are choosing G Skill ram (which I llike) if you will go to G Skill's site and look up that model of ram, it will have a QVL list which will tell you which boards it has been tested in. For example, the G Skill ram you chose for System 1 Ram. G Skill states it is made for the Intel X99 boards and there are no AMD boards listed for it ( http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2666c15d-8grr ). The second rig with the Aegis G Skill ram also states it is built for Intel Systems but has no QVL list. It is also a single 8 GB stick. I would recommend buying either 2 8 GB sticks or 2 4 GB sticks if you want to stay with 8 GB. It makes it run in dual channel mode. You can also look up your motherboard on the manufacturer's web site and it will have a QVL list for ram, which will tell you the ram they tested it with.

    I also don't see a CPU cooler listed. I have never used the stock CPU coolers from the CPU Manufacturer. They tend to be not very good, especially if you want to overclock or keep the CPU stressed for long periods. If you can afford it, I would recommend an SSD too. That will be a great improvement in performance for you. I have always maintained that an SSD is the single most noticeable upgrade you can do to a computer. An M.2 PCIe SSD is even better. I believe both boards have M.2 slots in them.

    As for the graphics card, it is a decent performing GPU. My biggest concern is some of the newer games coming out will use more than the 3 GB of Vram the card has. If you are a gamer, I would buy the best graphics card I can afford. The power supplies you picked are sufficient for the rig you are building, but they will stop you if you ever decide to buy a better graphics card. I would consider a bigger PSU so that the PSU does not run at near it's max and lasts longer and provides ample upgrade room. Failing that, if you were to want a better GPU in the future, you would have to buy a new PSU to run it. Most PSUs run more efficiently at 65-70% of their max.

    Those are just some of my thoughts on your parts list.
    Great advice
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    12 Sep 2017 #23
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 55
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    As for the case, yes both motherboards would fit in that case. For the ram, if you are choosing G Skill ram (which I llike) if you will go to G Skill's site and look up that model of ram, it will have a QVL list which will tell you which boards it has been tested in. For example, the G Skill ram you chose for System 1 Ram. G Skill states it is made for the Intel X99 boards and there are no AMD boards listed for it ( http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2666c15d-8grr ). The second rig with the Aegis G Skill ram also states it is built for Intel Systems but has no QVL list. It is also a single 8 GB stick. I would recommend buying either 2 8 GB sticks or 2 4 GB sticks if you want to stay with 8 GB. It makes it run in dual channel mode. You can also look up your motherboard on the manufacturer's web site and it will have a QVL list for ram, which will tell you the ram they tested it with.

    I also don't see a CPU cooler listed. I have never used the stock CPU coolers from the CPU Manufacturer. They tend to be not very good, especially if you want to overclock or keep the CPU stressed for long periods. If you can afford it, I would recommend an SSD too. That will be a great improvement in performance for you. I have always maintained that an SSD is the single most noticeable upgrade you can do to a computer. An M.2 PCIe SSD is even better. I believe both boards have M.2 slots in them.

    As for the graphics card, it is a decent performing GPU. My biggest concern is some of the newer games coming out will use more than the 3 GB of Vram the card has. If you are a gamer, I would buy the best graphics card I can afford. The power supplies you picked are sufficient for the rig you are building, but they will stop you if you ever decide to buy a better graphics card. I would consider a bigger PSU so that the PSU does not run at near it's max and lasts longer and provides ample upgrade room. Failing that, if you were to want a better GPU in the future, you would have to buy a new PSU to run it. Most PSUs run more efficiently at 65-70% of their max.

    Those are just some of my thoughts on your parts list.
    Duly noted, but unfortunately the parts i have are pretty much the exact price i can afford. I have the 1050ti and ryzen 5 1600 because they are both future proof, and i dont plan on playing a lot of new games. A ssd also does not fit in my price range atm, but i will change the ram
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Sep 2017 #24
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 55
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    As for the case, yes both motherboards would fit in that case. For the ram, if you are choosing G Skill ram (which I llike) if you will go to G Skill's site and look up that model of ram, it will have a QVL list which will tell you which boards it has been tested in. For example, the G Skill ram you chose for System 1 Ram. G Skill states it is made for the Intel X99 boards and there are no AMD boards listed for it ( http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-2666c15d-8grr ). The second rig with the Aegis G Skill ram also states it is built for Intel Systems but has no QVL list. It is also a single 8 GB stick. I would recommend buying either 2 8 GB sticks or 2 4 GB sticks if you want to stay with 8 GB. It makes it run in dual channel mode. You can also look up your motherboard on the manufacturer's web site and it will have a QVL list for ram, which will tell you the ram they tested it with.

    I also don't see a CPU cooler listed. I have never used the stock CPU coolers from the CPU Manufacturer. They tend to be not very good, especially if you want to overclock or keep the CPU stressed for long periods. If you can afford it, I would recommend an SSD too. That will be a great improvement in performance for you. I have always maintained that an SSD is the single most noticeable upgrade you can do to a computer. An M.2 PCIe SSD is even better. I believe both boards have M.2 slots in them.

    As for the graphics card, it is a decent performing GPU. My biggest concern is some of the newer games coming out will use more than the 3 GB of Vram the card has. If you are a gamer, I would buy the best graphics card I can afford. The power supplies you picked are sufficient for the rig you are building, but they will stop you if you ever decide to buy a better graphics card. I would consider a bigger PSU so that the PSU does not run at near it's max and lasts longer and provides ample upgrade room. Failing that, if you were to want a better GPU in the future, you would have to buy a new PSU to run it. Most PSUs run more efficiently at 65-70% of their max.

    Those are just some of my thoughts on your parts list.
    I also cant afford a better psu or a cpu cooler. I have read that the cooler that comes with the cpu is more than sufficient for overclocking. Im not planning on updgrading anything for a solid year or two, so the psu should be more than sufficient. You have to understand, I have been gaming on a 4-5 year old laptop that was running intel pentium and had intel hd graphics, and overheat in less than 15 minutes. It ran games like tf2 and unturned at low setting 10-20 fps. Anything else must be better, and the build im planning on is a BIG upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Sep 2017 #25
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaDuke View Post
    I also cant afford a better psu or a cpu cooler. I have read that the cooler that comes with the cpu is more than sufficient for overclocking. Im not planning on updgrading anything for a solid year or two, so the psu should be more than sufficient. You have to understand, I have been gaming on a 4-5 year old laptop that was running intel pentium and had intel hd graphics, and overheat in less than 15 minutes. It ran games like tf2 and unturned at low setting 10-20 fps. Anything else must be better, and the build im planning on is a BIG upgrade.
    I would agree with staying with a budget that fit your needs. That said, since you're talking to enthusiast PC builders we tend to look at things a bit differently which is why some of the suggestions. With that, I would urge you to consider in the near future an SSD drive. I promise, you'll notice a night and day boost here when you first get one. Is it going to help with gaming, no, but it will help tremendously with Windows performance. And a good 256gig SSD drive can be had for around $115 bucks (or less).

    And yes, your proposed system should be better than the laptop you were using. Good luck
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    12 Sep 2017 #26
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    I would agree with staying with a budget that fit your needs. That said, since you're talking to enthusiast PC builders we tend to look at things a bit differently which is why some of the suggestions. With that, I would urge you to consider in the near future an SSD drive. I promise, you'll notice a night and day boost here when you first get one. Is it going to help with gaming, no, but it will help tremendously with Windows performance. And a good 256gig SSD drive can be had for around $115 bucks (or less).

    And yes, your proposed system should be better than the laptop you were using. Good luck
    Well said @sygnus21
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    12 Sep 2017 #27
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 55
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    I would agree with staying with a budget that fit your needs. That said, since you're talking to enthusiast PC builders we tend to look at things a bit differently which is why some of the suggestions. With that, I would urge you to consider in the near future an SSD drive. I promise, you'll notice a night and day boost here when you first get one. Is it going to help with gaming, no, but it will help tremendously with Windows performance. And a good 256gig SSD drive can be had for around $115 bucks (or less).

    And yes, your proposed system should be better than the laptop you were using. Good luck
    Appreciate it dude, i will definetly ask for a ssd for christmas lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Sep 2017 #28
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Thanks. Good luck with the proposed new build.

    @worf105, thanks

    Peace
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    12 Sep 2017 #29
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 55
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Thanks. Good luck with the proposed new build.

    @worf105, thanks

    Peace
    B4 u go which was the better build
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Sep 2017 #30
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Sorry missed that there were two systems there. It's honestly hard to say which would be the better build. I for example would prefer the fully modular SeaSonic PS over the partly modular Corsair PS. I might go with the 1050 TI with 4gig of RAM vs. the 1060 GTX with 3gig of RAM as the 1050 TI might be the more powerful card, but...

    I don't know, I might try to mix and match between the two systems to get to best bang (and power) for my buck. It's hard to say since I always thoroughly research parts before buying. That's me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to set default refresh rate
I switch between 1920x1080 to 3840x2160 and viceversa quite frequently. However, when I do this, Windows sets the refresh rate to 30hz, instead of 60. I need to manually set it to 60 each time I change resolution. Is there a way to set a default...
Graphic Cards
Rate my PC Build
Hey! You can use this forum post to have other's rate your PC build and give advice! (In order to make it easier for others, try to have it on a website that organizes parts like PCPartPicker.)
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Frame rate
I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can...
Gaming
Old CRT Refresh Rate Issues
Hello everyone, just built a new PC after about 7 years and I'm coming from XP64. Although I plan on purchasing a new monitor soon I am still using my old ViewSonic G90f CRT. With XP I used ReForce to use refresh rates of 120hz in 640x480/800x600...
Graphic Cards
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums