Help with power supply not working

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #1

    Help with power supply not working


    I'm pretty sure I have got all the cords on my power supply plugged in correctly, I have looked up multiple tutorials and even got a friend to look at it but it still won't turn on.
      My Computer

  2. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 15,070
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #2

    What PSU is it? Did you flip the switch in the back?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Dude said:
    What PSU is it? Did you flip the switch in the back?
    It's an EVGA 700W bronze, and yes I turned on the switch. Also to note, some blue light shows up on the front of the case but it still doesn't turn on the computer.
      My Computer

  4. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 15,070
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #4

    What Motherboard do you use?
      My Computers

  5. copiertech25's Avatar
    Posts : 466
    Windows 10 Pro; POP!_OS 20.04
       #5

    Did you make sure the powerswitch connector is in the right slot on the motherboard? CPU power cable plugged in securely?
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    dude said:
    what motherboard do you use?
    760gm-p34(fx)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    copiertech25 said:
    Did you make sure the powerswitch connector is in the right slot on the motherboard? CPU power cable plugged in securely?
    Is the power switch connector one of the small two colored cables?
      My Computer

  8. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 15,070
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #8

    Have you tried it outside of the case, this will rule out a possible short on the case. I would pull it out and test. If it powers up outside the case, then make sure all standoffs are screwed in in the proper spots. You could try reseating all the cables first too.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Dude said:
    Have you tried it outside of the case, this will rule out a possible short on the case. I would pull it out and test. If it powers up outside the case, then make sure all standoffs are screwed in in the proper spots. You could try reseating all the cables first too.
    No I haven't tried outside, does it need to be connected to anything or just the wall outlet?
      My Computer

  10. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 15,070
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #10

    Try reseating the 4 pin, and 24 pin first before making the effort of pulling out case. If no luck, place the board on a nonconductive service such as the MB box. Yes the PSU needs plugged into the wall socket

    Help with power supply not working-msibd.png
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums