1.    30 Jul 2017 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    x
    Posts : 225
    Win 10

    1050Ti & Which Ryzen Will Work Perfectly Together ?


    So my next upgrade will to a Ryzen system.

    I would like to know which Ryzen is gonna work as good/better than my FX6350 does, as when using the FX I do find it can be sluggish after clicking an action like it is too buisy to respond.

    I will be keeping my GT1050Ti on the system so want a matching Ryzen CPU as not sure ?

    I will be using 4 X 4GB of 2666mhz ram & already have the SSD's needed.

    Thanks For Any Info

    RB
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    30 Jul 2017 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,789
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    I think the 1600 or 1700 will give you increased performance. The GPU will be fine, I think RAM will need to be checked on the QVL. @CountMike can probably give you a good answer, he has a Ryzen
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    30 Jul 2017 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    x
    Posts : 225
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I think the 1600 or 1700 will give you increased performance. The GPU will be fine, I think RAM will need to be checked on the QVL. @CountMike can probably give you a good answer, he has a Ryzen
    Yes thanks, I was looking at the 1600X as it is hex core the motherboard I need for this replacement needs at least 6 sata ports to work my switch power system of hard drives & I have found the Asus Prime X370-Pro, a bit pricey but has 8 sata ports & m.2 slot

    Some Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ram will work according to the qvl list but I will be waiting for ram prices to drop some time when ever ?

    Thanks for your quick reply anyway

    RB
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Jul 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 228
    8.1 / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlaster View Post
    Yes thanks, I was looking at the 1600X as it is hex core the motherboard I need for this replacement needs at least 6 sata ports to work my switch power system of hard drives & I have found the Asus Prime X370-Pro, a bit pricey but has 8 sata ports & m.2 slot

    Some Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ram will work according to the qvl list but I will be waiting for ram prices to drop some time when ever ?

    Thanks for your quick reply anyway

    RB
    The 1600 and 1600X seem to be the sweet spot for gaming. 6 core / 12 thread beasties. I tried the 1500X and 1600X. Love the 1600X...great CPU.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Aug 2017 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    x
    Posts : 225
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    I am now considering the Ryzen 1300x as seen a you tube video which did not push the GTX1050Ti over 99% unlike my FX6350 does ?

    AMD Ryzen 3-1300X + GTX 1050 Ti Tested in GTA V @ 1080p - Ultra Settings - YouTube

    AMD Ryzen 3-1300X vs i3-7100 | GTA V @ 1080p - Ultra Settings (GTX 1050 Ti) - YouTube

    or ? are the you tube videos doctered to promote Ryzen 3 ?

    This is just for my budget server cased pc, the pro game build comes when I get the 4K 60" screen
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    09 Aug 2017 #6

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlaster View Post
    So my next upgrade will to a Ryzen system.

    I would like to know which Ryzen is gonna work as good/better than my FX6350 does, as when using the FX I do find it can be sluggish after clicking an action like it is too buisy to respond.

    I will be keeping my GT1050Ti on the system so want a matching Ryzen CPU as not sure ?

    I will be using 4 X 4GB of 2666mhz ram & already have the SSD's needed.

    Thanks For Any Info

    RB


    I have a 1600x it is very powerful and a good bang for buck performance it catches up with my 6-core 6850k which currently is at 4.511 Ghz Cinebench scores 1372 The 1600x is at 4.0Ghz 1.42.volts vcore and gets 1275 on Cinebench which is pretty much on par with my 6850k at 4.0 Ghz

    Now that would be the best bang for buck performance in the middle and able to match intels X99 Models

    With the continuous Bios updates it will just get better still the memory situation but i have mine running at 2666Mhz which is really good speed for Ryzen

    that Cpu should keep you good for a long while the 1700 1700x on up are good the price to performance is not as good as 1600 to 1600x You can save $40 going to the 1600 than the X but i would just do the X if i were you
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Aug 2017 #7

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlaster View Post
    I am now considering the Ryzen 1300x as seen a you tube video which did not push the GTX1050Ti over 99% unlike my FX6350 does ?

    AMD Ryzen 3-1300X + GTX 1050 Ti Tested in GTA V @ 1080p - Ultra Settings - YouTube

    AMD Ryzen 3-1300X vs i3-7100 | GTA V @ 1080p - Ultra Settings (GTX 1050 Ti) - YouTube

    or ? are the you tube videos doctered to promote Ryzen 3 ?

    This is just for my budget server cased pc, the pro game build comes when I get the 4K 60" screen
    1050Ti doing Ultra lol ,I think i need a drink i 've seen it all now
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    28 Aug 2017 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    x
    Posts : 225
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    I was right about the 1600x being toooooo powerfull for a GTX 1050 Ti but looks like a good match for the GTX 1070, any version recomendations ?

    I found this bottlenecking app on Google Apps & am using Bluestacks to run it & it gives the same result as The Bottlenecker web site except they don't have Ryzen Calcs yet !!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1600X.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	150805
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    28 Aug 2017 #9
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    x
    Posts : 225
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    So just been looking at all the GPU's NVIDIA & AMD which will work with the 1600X & all I have come up with is 3 NVIDIA cards ?

    I guess these CPU'S are just waiting for the future GPU'S to come out ?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1600X.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	150809
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    31 Aug 2017 #10
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,447
    W10 Insider + Linux

    It's not a question of bottleneck from any modern PC CPU with a card like 1050 (even Ti) but how much it would bottleneck the CPU.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
I HATE the Store -- How to Hose up perfectly good apps (PLEX)
Hi there I made the mistake of installing PLEX via the store -- what a dogs dinner they've made of the PLEX app -- complicated to use - no easy way to add libraries / modify libraries etc and can't find any way that it stays as a system service...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 worked perfectly fine, now stuck loading.
Hello, I have a Dell laptop that was working perfectly fine until it reached 0 percent, I took out the battery and put the battery back in, then when I got home I plugged it in, held the power button until the keyboard lit up. And then it did the...
General Support
Solved Headphones stopped working without reason, but speakers work perfectly
Hi there guys, first post here so please do mind I'm a newbie:o So I've got an ASUS ROG G551JK laptop for almost 2 years already. Never had this problem before. While I was playing CS:GO I tried to tweak the sound quality a little bit from the...
Drivers and Hardware
No 5.1 w/VIA Envy24 chipset. Test tones work perfectly, but that's it.
Title more or less says it all. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my VIA Envy24 chipset sound card will no longer play in 5.1 via SPDIF. Prior to the upgrade, it functioned flawlessly. The strange thing is when I play the test tones for Dolby &...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved 4TB HDD - Windows 10 sets up perfectly
Hi there I installed a new 4 TB internal SATA HDD yesterday ( new data disk) -- Windows 10 prompted me immediately after W10 had booted (from an SSD) on boot up -- Uninitialized Disk select GUID / GPT or MBR. For HDD's > 2TB you need GPT to...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums