Needing Help Finding A Cheap, but GOOD CPU Fan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1.    10 Apr 2017 #31

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    Hahaha that's pretty cool and get's carded too for alcohol

    I tell women our age that the only drawback to looking younger is when you are with someone your age and time hasn't been good to them and people will actually think the other person is much older and say they robbed the cradle or better yet think it's a parent hahaha

    I have heard that before ,some of these younger women look 40 already which is pretty sad
    My favorite compliment to a lady with a daughter: "Gee you have great looking sister".
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Layback Bear's Avatar
    Posts : 994
    Windows 7/64 Professional
       10 Apr 2017 #32

    Simple. What is cheap? It depends on how much money one has.

    On the most part cpu cooling should be the best you can afford and fit on your system. If one must wait because of lack of money that fine. Just don't use the cpu without proper cooling. One could end up with a toaster instead of a cpu. A very costly one time toaster.

    I have never used a stock cpu cooler on any cpu. AMD or Intel.
    For air cooling I would not use anything less that a quality Noctua or Phantek. You will have to make sure they will fit. They are somewhat large.
    Their are a bunch of AIO liquid coolers that can be used. Millions of people use them without problems.
    I have used both air cooled and AIO liquid cooling and had very good success with the proper fans, up to a point.
    These cooling methods I believe will meet pixegurl83 needs.

    Jack
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    10 Apr 2017 #33

    Layback Bear said: View Post
    Simple. What is cheap? It depends on how much money one has.

    On the most part cpu cooling should be the best you can afford and fit on your system. If one must wait because of lack of money that fine. Just don't use the cpu without proper cooling. One could end up with a toaster instead of a cpu. A very costly one time toaster.

    I have never used a stock cpu cooler on any cpu. AMD or Intel.
    For air cooling I would not use anything less that a quality Noctua or Phantek. You will have to make sure they will fit. They are somewhat large.
    Their are a bunch of AIO liquid coolers that can be used. Millions of people use them without problems.
    I have used both air cooled and AIO liquid cooling and had very good success with the proper fans, up to a point.
    These cooling methods I believe will meet pixegurl83 needs.

    Jack
    OP already stated his view of cheap in the first post: "The fan needs to be under $30.00". Problem is that it's next to impossible to find something better than that Wraith that comes with processor for that price.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Layback Bear's Avatar
    Posts : 994
    Windows 7/64 Professional
       10 Apr 2017 #34

    From post #33

    OP already stated his view of cheap in the first post: "T
    I'm fully aware of that. I stated my opinion and suggestions. I believe that is still allowed.

    Jack
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    10 Apr 2017 #35

    Layback Bear said: View Post
    From post #33



    I'm fully aware of that. I stated my opinion and suggestions. I believe that is still allowed.

    Jack
    Right, and what's the problem ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    10 Apr 2017 #36

    CountMike said: View Post
    Right, and what's the problem ?
    Just for the sake of peace lol let it go

    He just voiced his opinion and you as well let's shake hands

    Any how the Op will find out very fast and learn a harsh lesson if the advice noted isn't taken

    Realistically why show up to a forum needing help when you pretty much know what suits you lol
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    10 Apr 2017 #37

    Worth mentioning that on the early tests of the Ryzens, the Wraith Coolers received good reports, they are apparently not the usual junk that you get as a stock cooler.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    11 Apr 2017 #38

    clam1952 said: View Post
    Worth mentioning that on the early tests of the Ryzens, the Wraith Coolers received good reports, they are apparently not the usual junk that you get as a stock cooler.
    Early, non Wraith coolers were junkier than junk, on top Wraith coolers even mid size OC is possible and above all they are much quieter.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    11 Apr 2017 #39

    The cooling fan from my AMD FX 8350 (STOCK) fit perfectly on my AM4. . My CPU still runs about 140F though. I would love to get that down about 50 degrees. I guess i'm gonna have to find someway to purchase liquid cooling, which is something I never thought I would do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    11 Apr 2017 #40

    pixiegurl83 said: View Post
    The cooling fan from my AMD FX 8350 (STOCK) fit perfectly on my AM4. . My CPU still runs about 140F though. I would love to get that down about 50 degrees. I guess i'm gonna have to find someway to purchase liquid cooling, which is something I never thought I would do.
    Exactly now you know why we were so hard about getting the right cooling

    Also what type of paste you use when mounting the cooler ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi there, guys! I just recently bought a bew laptop, an Acer Aspire E15-553-1768, and, while I'm enjoying it so much, I'm having some lil' annoyances that I'm sure you can help me to solve. The first, I'm experiencing some sort of "poor...
Needing an administrator password in User Accounts and Family Safety
Not having an administrator password is causing all the usual problems. On settings I wind up on one account that I use pin.. When I first turn pc on I am already informed that my sign-in/password is wrong but I have not done anything yet. I hit...
Hi, I'm currently very lost in what mic i should plan on buying. Currently i use a very cheap table mic from trust, it works, but it gives a ton of static noise and has a pretty "muddy" sound. People who recieve this question immediately say the...
I'm not sure when this started, but I know it was working fine a week ago. The 2 notable programs are League of Legends and Nexus Mod Manager. When I open Nexus Mod Manager, it says it doesn't have rights to the drive Skyrim is on. If I go to...
Ok first of all here's what I've got. 29695 Above you will see the current icons I am using. I want to know if its possible to change the icons for. Documents,pictures and music on the left side. As well as the folder icons in the Folder...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:34.
Find Us