Needing Help Finding A Cheap, but GOOD CPU Fan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Berton said:
    I found this:

    In the Q&A section a little over half way down on this page:
    https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-180...SIN=B06W9JXK4G

    This one?

    https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Bracket-s...=AM3+backplate
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Needing Help Finding A Cheap, but GOOD CPU Fan-untitled.png
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,827
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #13

    solarstarshines said:
    They stopped doing that and so did Intel why pack a Heatsink and fan when most of us buy aftermarket cooling these days most get a contained water loop just saying
    Agree. There's no need for either Intel or AMD to ship fans when a high percentage of users don't use them. Just helps cut down on costs since most included fans just ended in it the bin anyway. I stopped using Intel's CPU fans somewhere around 03/04.

    Additionally ever since going with Corsair's AIO (Closed loop water coolers) I could never look at those monstrous air coolers again. That's me.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #14

    sygnus21 said:
    Agree. There's no need for either Intel or AMD to ship fans when a high percentage of users don't use them. Just helps cut down on costs since most included fans just ended in it the bin anyway. I stopped using Intel's CPU fans somewhere around 03/04.

    Additionally ever since going with Corsair's AIO (Closed loop water coolers) I could never look at those monstrous air coolers again. That's me.
    Me personally, and it's my opinion, conductive or non-conductive, liquid wasn't made for electronics. . LOL BUT, honestly, it seems that's where it's going. I just don't want my new CPU to overheat and do damage. So i'm looking for a cheap CPU Fan, under $18 that is AM4 ready so it will keep my CPU cool.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 25,680
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.160
       #15

    pixiegurl83 said:
    I've been searching for the past 2 days, trust me. . lol I mean, i'm not sure if ALL AM4 fans would keep this $499 processor cool. I just don't want it overheating.
    Then do not buy a cheap fan. Corsair makes good CPU fans.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,827
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #16

    pixiegurl83 said:
    Me personally, and it's my opinion, conductive or non-conductive, liquid wasn't made for electronics. . LOL BUT, honestly, it seems that's where it's going. I just don't want my new CPU to overheat and do damage. So i'm looking for a cheap CPU Fan, under $18 that is AM4 ready so it will keep my CPU cool.

    What do you think your car radiators use to cool the system. Moving liquid cools

    Anyway I wasn't trying to sway you one way or another. I was mainly addressing the post I quoted. Get what suits you and your budget.

    Peace
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Josey Wales said:
    Then do not buy a cheap fan. Corsair makes good CPU fans.
    If i could afford it, I would, trust me. I only have $18.00 I guess i could buy an AM4 backplate, and use my current AMD3 FX-8350 Stock Fan
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,391
    Windows 10
       #18

    pixiegurl83 said:
    If i could afford it, I would, trust me. I only have $18.00 I guess i could buy an AM4 backplate, and use my current AMD3 FX-8350 Stock Fan

    To be honest with you the testing with these CPU's suggest liquid cooling

    You can get by with a heatsink fan set up but realistically this CPU needs to be put on water the temps get too hot for a stock cooler

    You said you don't want to overheat ,using stock coolers will get you there faster than a AIO would

    If you can't afford it now that's understandable but looking down the line long term it would be a smart investment to grab a loop because the better cooling with RYZEN the better it will behave remember that

    All reviewers run water and still saw temps in the mid 80's i am sure it would be higher with a stock cooler
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 366
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #19

    Just keep in mind that cheap and good dont go together when getting a CPU cooler. You want to spend as much as you can afford on one to keep your CPU cool. Use the stock cooler for now, and save up some money to get a better air cooler in the future.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 4,594
    Windows 10 Pro
       #20

    pixiegurl83 said:
    Me personally, and it's my opinion, conductive or non-conductive, liquid wasn't made for electronics. . LOL BUT, honestly, it seems that's where it's going. I just don't want my new CPU to overheat and do damage. So i'm looking for a cheap CPU Fan, under $18 that is AM4 ready so it will keep my CPU cool.

    There`s no such thing.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums