Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Apr 2017 #31
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Indeed, I am impressed with your results
    Stop you're just embarrassing me lol.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    02 Apr 2017 #32
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
    Thread Starter

    Now to tweak my RAM. Any ideas or suggestions?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    02 Apr 2017 #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I have seen way too many "answers" in the internet, specially in different Overclockers forums, on what exactly Adaptive, Adaptive + offset does, and how to use it correctly, I gave up looking.

    I have my 4.9 set to Adaptive with 1.45 max voltage, and noticed that it only uses the voltage needed(and when using balanced power option, the multiplier changes around too) and have seen my 49x use the 1.45v, but also as little as 1.20v(for a very short moment anyhow, no way I could boot using 1.20v).

    Some have said Adaptive is actually for Auto voltage mode, adding a voltage number automatically changes it to Override + offset, which is what it looks like to me

    By the way, I tried setting my OC down, getting ready for the summer, when the ambient temperatures will be higher, but it seems my system likes my 4.9 and actually runs cooler with it, than 45x @ 1.20 or 46x & 47x @ 1.35, go figure.

    If it likes it, I might have to seriously think of getting an AIO for the CPU, even though it idles at high 20's/low 30's, and goes up to the mid to high 60's under benchmarking load, maybe a single core might spike to 80-82 for a split second(remember under stress test's I down clock so it will be cooler any how).
    Easy explanation is ..............

    Adaptive you input the voltage you want without the guesswork of where it should be and acts like offset

    Offset - You have to guess where exactly the correct Vcore you need and that takes a lot of time and adjustments some people can't get offset to work because unlike manual voltage sometimes it takes less voltage because of LLC

    LLC works better in OFFSET

    Manual - Straight voltage no relief of power just full time voltage which many use but overtime depending on the OC and cooling could Degrade

    Remember in windows the power settings manipulate the cpu as well Balanced and Performance power do have a lot to do with overclocking remember to change the power profile in windows to make the best out of your OC


    By the way this isn't for you Cliffs it's for the OP i just used your answer to explain
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    02 Apr 2017 #34
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by solarstarshines View Post
    Easy explanation is ..............

    Adaptive you input the voltage you want without the guesswork of where it should be and acts like offset

    Offset - You have to guess where exactly the correct Vcore you need and that takes a lot of time and adjustments some people can't get offset to work because unlike manual voltage sometimes it takes less voltage because of LLC

    LLC works better in OFFSET

    Manual - Straight voltage no relief of power just full time voltage which many use but overtime depending on the OC and cooling could Degrade

    Remember in windows the power settings manipulate the cpu as well Balanced and Performance power do have a lot to do with overclocking remember to change the power profile in windows to make the best out of your OC


    By the way this isn't for you Cliffs it's for the OP i just used your answer to explain
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

    So if I am understanding correctly if my stable OC requires 1.3 volts I can input a lesser value in the adaptive section under 1.3 volts say 1.15 volts (what ever the voltage is for my cpu to run at stock) and use the off set value of 0.15 volts to bring the total OC voltage to 1.3 volts.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    02 Apr 2017 #35
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,783
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Now to tweak my RAM. Any ideas or suggestions?
    You already have went from 2400 to 3200, I would say that is darn good
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Apr 2017 #36
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,783
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    @worf105 this is what I use for 4.8, LLC is on auto. Here I am still good with temps, once I go up to 5.0 they really climb
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.8 pt1.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	631.9 KB 
ID:	127778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.8 pt2.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	699.2 KB 
ID:	127779
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Apr 2017 #37
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    You already have went from 2400 to 3200, I would say that is darn good
    Thinking about the timings. Maybe tightening up the current 16 18 18 36 1T. But not to sure which.

    I still believe that the modules I have were binned at what I have them running at now.

    Cheers Dude
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    02 Apr 2017 #38
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,783
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Thinking about the timings. Maybe tightening up the current 16 18 18 36 1T. But not to sure which.

    I still believe that the modules I have were binned at what I have them running at now.

    Cheers Dude
    Give 15 17 17 38 IT at try
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.8 pt3.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	127780
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Apr 2017 #39

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

    So if I am understanding correctly if my stable OC requires 1.3 volts I can input a lesser value in the adaptive section under 1.3 volts say 1.15 volts (what ever the voltage is for my cpu to run at stock) and use the off set value of 0.15 volts to bring the total OC voltage to 1.3 volts.
    Pretty much but trickier than it sounds but you understood
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    02 Apr 2017 #40
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,867
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Give 15 17 17 38 IT at try
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.8 pt3.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	127780
    Thank man. When the burn in test is finished in about 15 mins or so will try those and see.

    Cheers Dude
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services
Hi I noticed that some services of Windows 10 Preview although I set them on Manual, they are automatically set to "Manual (trigger start". Why? What is the difference between these two startup modes? Lastly, with these services, how do I set...
General Support
Adaptive shell will help Windows 10 scale across PC, Mobile, and Xbox
Read more: http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-windows-10-composable-shell
Windows 10 News
Performance & Maintenance Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 Displays (especially on laptops and tablets) may utilize ambient light sensors to detect surrounding levels of light. The adaptive brightness feature in Windows monitors ambient light...
Tutorials
AMD Adaptive Sleep Service?
I noticed recently after leaving my PC unattended for 30 mins the monitor had turned off but it turned on as soon as I hit the space bar. The Power Settings have the monitor set to never turn off and the hardware sleep function on the monitor is...
Performance & Maintenance
Simplified Adaptive Video Streaming: HLS & DASH Windows 10
Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2015/01/29/simplified-adaptive-video-streaming-announcing-support-for-hls-and-dash-in-windows-10.aspx
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums