Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Jul 2017 #421
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    UK, Worcestershire
    Posts : 251
    Windows 10 Pro

    P.s that is so funny, me and the girlfriend went to a local supermarket earlier and saw this old scraggly guy walking past us and after I said "did you see Willie Nelson walking past us?"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Jul 2017 #422
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,488
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Those days are over now though with what Nvidia has done. Unless they go back to the way things used to be, those overclocking times are over.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    07 Jul 2017 #423
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    UK, Worcestershire
    Posts : 251
    Windows 10 Pro

    That is a shame
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Jul 2017 #424
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10

    1080P EXTREME

    Core i5 4670k @ 4.5 GHz
    GTX 1060 @ 1725 / 2335 MHz







    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	142833
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    07 Jul 2017 #425
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,792
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter

    Board updated
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 Jul 2017 #426
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 228
    8.1 / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Those days are over now though with what Nvidia has done. Unless they go back to the way things used to be, those overclocking times are over.
    The classy voltage tool works with the 1080 Classy, and will work with the TI KPE. Overclocking isn't dying....it's just changing. Now, it's not about just throwing a metric ton of voltage at something, moving all the sliders to the right and praying. Now it's about monitoring temperatures, voltage, clocks and how each one of those things effect the other, in order to get the best clock possible.

    I think Pascal is the most challenging, and frustrating GPU I've ever overclocked...but also very rewarding when done properly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Jul 2017 #427
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,792
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellinious View Post
    The classy voltage tool works with the 1080 Classy, and will work with the TI KPE. Overclocking isn't dying....it's just changing. Now, it's not about just throwing a metric ton of voltage at something, moving all the sliders to the right and praying. Now it's about monitoring temperatures, voltage, clocks and how each one of those things effect the other, in order to get the best clock possible.
    I think Pascal is the most challenging, and frustrating GPU I've ever overclocked...but also very rewarding when done properly.
    I think OCing has always been like this

    It is somewhat gimped now, because we cant throw voltage at it, Nvidia put the clamp down
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Jul 2017 #428
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 228
    8.1 / 10

    Voltage doesn't help....lower temps help. Without lowering temps to below 0c, adding voltage may increase clocks, but at the expense of added heat, which will lower effectiveness.

    I've had 3 GPUs I ran with cold coolant, and all of them would run 2250+ on stock voltage....but at normal room temperatures, they'd only do 2202, sometimes 2214, but...never ran well there. They ran better at 2189 at normal room temps.

    It's all about the temps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 Jul 2017 #429
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellinious View Post
    Voltage doesn't help....lower temps help. Without lowering temps to below 0c, adding voltage may increase clocks, but at the expense of added heat, which will lower effectiveness.

    I've had 3 GPUs I ran with cold coolant, and all of them would run 2250+ on stock voltage....but at normal room temperatures, they'd only do 2202, sometimes 2214, but...never ran well there. They ran better at 2189 at normal room temps.

    It's all about the temps.
    I agree with you statement as many have said here before. I also believe you can get a good balance between Voltage and temp to achieve good clocks that can be sustained for the likes of benchmarking. Ideally the best scenario would be to give the GPU the maximum amount of voltage it can handle with the highest thermal limits allowed while having the actual temps as low as possible (Using some exotic cooler to bring the temps down to remove the heat issues) Just my thoughts.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    08 Jul 2017 #430
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 228
    8.1 / 10

    I agree, for the most part. None of the pascal GPUs I've tested benefited very much at all from increasing the voltage above 1.093v until the coolant was running below 0c, and the core temps were kept at, or below 15c during the benchmark run. Sure, above that you could see some increased clocks, but the scores didn't scale with it...marginal improvements, at best. Really, anything above 20c on the core, you're just wasting time with added voltage.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD: driver irql not less or equal, while running unigine valley
I've been testing my 980ti oc and everything was fine, oc was stable. But I decided to run valley again and after a while I got a bsod. This has happened ever since irregardless of oc. Re installing the driver doesn't work, even with ddu. Thanks in...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
GTX 970 vs R9 390 Unigine Valley Benchmark Challenge
I conducted a little benchmarking challenge with my buddies over at Google+ PC Gaming community between GTX 970 and its AMD counterpart R9 390 and I would like to share the result to those who are in the market for a mid-range GPU. If you are torn...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums