Page 93 of 355 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Apr 2017 #921
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,768
    Windows 10 Pro X64

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    15 Apr 2017 #922

    It's coming oooweeeeoooooo(scary music)


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ry.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	130401
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Apr 2017 #923
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Rumors: Intel responds to Ryzen


    This is just a rumor, but supposedly Intel is releasing a new chip in June. This video is part of a 50 minute video from Linus, but I think I have it started where he starts talking about Intel (13:38). See if any of you can make sense of what he is saying about them. It's hard to get any serious info in the midst of his silliness.

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    16 Apr 2017 #924
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Here is a link to the article in the video Steve: Intel's Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X processors rumored to arrive earlier than initially anticipated - TechSpot

    The Tech Report notes, Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X are expected to share the same LGA 2066 socket. Skylake-X processors are said to pack anywhere between six to 10 cores, support quad-channel DDR4 memory and have loads of PCIe 3.0 lanes. Kaby Lake-X parts, meanwhile, are reportedly limited to just four cores, dual-channel memory and far fewer PCIe lanes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    17 Apr 2017 #925
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quick question for the guys that have the Asus MB similar to mine, (ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA (Z170) After the creative update, MS replaced two of my drivers for the USB ports. One of the 2 is messed up now, so if someone has a link to this driver, please let me know, as I can't find it on the Asus site.

    Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - Intel USB 3.1 controller - supports ASUS USB 3.1 Boost

    Thanks guys.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    17 Apr 2017 #926
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Quick question for the guys that have the Asus MB similar to mine, (ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA (Z170) After the creative update, MS replaced two of my drivers for the USB ports. One of the 2 is messed up now, so if someone has a link to this driver, please let me know, as I can't find it on the Asus site.

    Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - Intel USB 3.1 controller - supports ASUS USB 3.1 Boost

    Thanks guys.
    Do you mean this driver, Mike?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usb.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	130638

    The driver provider on that is Microsoft. Not sure what generates it. I did notice I have a USB driver section for my MB which you don't, but since you had the driver I doubt that's what generates it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	130640

    Aren't you able to simply roll back to the previous driver in device manager where those new drivers showed up?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 Apr 2017 #927
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Do you mean this driver, Mike?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	usb.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	130638

    The driver provider on that is Microsoft. Not sure what generates it. I did notice I have a USB driver section for my MB which you don't, but since you had the driver I doubt that's what generates it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	130640

    Aren't you able to simply roll back to the previous driver in device manager where those new drivers showed up?
    The driver I have now is the same one you have, its by MS, which the creative update installed. The orginal one was made by Intel, for my ASUS board, which I can't find. This driver is giving me a minor error... Constantly shows a Usb Icon on my tool bar, and its only for the 3.1 usb drive, and its empty. My original driver worked fine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USBICON.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	130644

    If I put back my previous version of Windows 10 Before our latest update, I can copy it ....just trying to avoid that method....
    Also Can't roll it back, there is no option, as I deleted the Windows.Old folder.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    17 Apr 2017 #928
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,768
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    The driver I have now is the same one you have, its by MS, which the creative update installed. The orginal one was made by Intel, for my ASUS board, which I can't find. This driver is giving me a minor error... Constantly shows a Usb Icon on my tool bar, and its only for the 3.1 usb drive, and its empty. My original driver worked fine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USBICON.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	130644

    If I put back my previous version of Windows 10 Before our latest update, I can copy it ....just trying to avoid that method....
    Check the disc that came with your MB Mike
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    17 Apr 2017 #929
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Check the disc that came with your MB Mike
    Hmmm ....think they are real old files Doug ....at least 2 years old, but I'll check.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    17 Apr 2017 #930
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Is the driver/ driver version you are looking for here?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asususb.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	130646

    USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums