Page 81 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Apr 2017 #801
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,462
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Tommy, first the pre order was not charged, it will be charged when they ship. They don't have my money yet. Second, the FTW was not sold on Newegg, it was listed for a pre order. Even the reviewers don't have them yet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    06 Apr 2017 #802

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Tommy, first the pre order was not charged, it will be charged when they ship. They don't have my money yet. Second, the FTW was not sold on Newegg, it was listed for a pre order. Even the reviewers don't have them yet.
    I just saw that i know they had them up for sale what is it with all this Pre order ?

    Most of everyone else have already released their cards
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Apr 2017 #803
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    When I bought my 1080 I was pretty certain a faster 1080TI was on its way. And now its out at the same price as the 1080 was, likely thanks to pending Vega.

    Indeed not losing sleep over it. Those two 770's (only 2 GB each) in SLI which I replaced with the 1080 were killing me. More and more games coming out weren't supporting SLI and one 2GB card with the second not scaling were often struggling at Ultra even at 1080P. I was happy with my purchase and still am. It renewed my enthusiasm for PC gaming. For those who waited, hats off to them because that's the card they wanted. But ya, Volta is just around the corner. Top tier doesn't last long.

    The only thing I can think of more frustrating than my 770's in SLI is Dude with his I7 7700K and that seemingly lazy 1070 of his. I think his 1070 often uses TLDR. That's likely where he got it from
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Apr 2017 #804

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    When I bought my 1080 I was pretty certain a faster 1080TI was on its way. And now its out at the same price as the 1080 was, likely thanks to pending Vega.

    Indeed not losing sleep over it. Those two 770's (only 2 GB each) in SLI which I replaced with the 1080 were killing me. More and more games coming out weren't supporting SLI and one 2GB card with the second not scaling were often struggling at Ultra even at 1080P. I was happy with my purchase and still am. It renewed my enthusiasm for PC gaming. For those who waited, hats off to them because that's the card they wanted. But ya, Volta is just around the corner. Top tier doesn't last long.

    The only thing I can think of more frustration than my 770's in SLI is Dude with his I7 7700K and that seemingly lazy 1070 of his. I think his 1070 often uses TLDR. That's likely where he got it from
    I needed another card for my other build hence reason i got a ti

    It doesn't matter to me about benchmarks but my screen res does and i need the power to play decent frames

    if i had a 1080p resolution i would probably have sli 1070's instead
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Apr 2017 #805
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,789
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    When I bought my 1080 I was pretty certain a faster 1080TI was on its way. And now its out at the same price as the 1080 was, likely thanks to pending Vega.

    Indeed not losing sleep over it. Those two 770's (only 2 GB each) in SLI which I replaced with the 1080 were killing me. More and more games coming out weren't supporting SLI and one 2GB card with the second not scaling were often struggling at Ultra even at 1080P. I was happy with my purchase and still am. It renewed my enthusiasm for PC gaming. For those who waited, hats off to them because that's the card they wanted. But ya, Volta is just around the corner. Top tier doesn't last long.

    The only thing I can think of more frustrating than my 770's in SLI is Dude with his I7 7700K and that seemingly lazy 1070 of his. I think his 1070 often uses TLDR. That's likely where he got it from
    Aww man, I love my 1070
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Apr 2017 #806
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by solarstarshines View Post
    I needed another card for my other build hence reason i got a ti

    It doesn't matter to me about benchmarks but my screen res does and i need the power to play decent frames

    if i had a 1080p resolution i would probably have sli 1070's instead
    You should get what you can afford and makes you happy. That's my motto. And I'm sure a guy like you does his research before buying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    06 Apr 2017 #807
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Aww man, I love my 1070
    Dearest valued member, Dude. Well at least your own benchmark tables don't lie.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 Apr 2017 #808
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,462
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Dude is afraid to spend any money. His wife would whip him. Don't get him in trouble. His future health is your responsibility.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    06 Apr 2017 #809
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,789
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Dearest valued member, Dude. Well at least your own benchmark tables don't lie.
    One should never question my boards



    Better cards are like jelly donuts
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    06 Apr 2017 #810
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,789
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Dude is afraid to spend any money. His wife would whip him. Don't get him in trouble. His future health is your responsibility.
    See my last post
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums