Page 46 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Mar 2017 #451
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,593
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    @sygnus21 just to show what`s happening, I tried, for the hell of it, OCCT after seeing some used that to stress & validate, at that stats link you posted.

    The same downclocking happens with OCCT too

    Attachment 125073
    OCCT Values before CPU Test

    Attachment 125074
    OCCT Values during CPU Test
    Cliff, are you now saying you believe it's a chip overclock issue vs. the math bug discussed in the article? I'm thinking it's a chip issue, what do you thing now?

    And yeah, I can definitely see it's down-clocking. And it doesn't look like you have temperature issues. You sure you chip isn't defective? Perhaps those guys over there can provide an answer and perhaps a solution. I'm not overclocking my chip (those days are gone for me) so I've no answer here.

    BTW have you checked for a new BIOS update for your board?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    14 Mar 2017 #452
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,679
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Cliff, are you now saying you believe it's a chip overclock issue vs. the math bug discussed in the article? I'm thinking it's a chip issue, what do you thing now?

    And yeah, I can definitely see it's down-clocking. And it doesn't look like you have temperature issues. You sure you chip isn't defective? Perhaps those guys over there can provide an answer and perhaps a solution. I'm not overclocking my chip (those days are gone for me) so I've no answer here.

    BTW have you checked for a new BIOS update for your board?
    I have the latest BIOS version(2016-12-27).

    What it is I'm trying to do is just figure out why this is happening.

    I posted the article as it looked like it may be a possibility, an wanted to hear from you others.

    My system runs at 4.9 for everything but certain test from stress test "suites", Like OCCT it was CPU: OCCT, the other three run at 4.9.

    The benchmarking from Prime95 runs at 4.9, but the stress test, downclocks to 4.4, and I noticed only the stress test on Aida64 goes down to 4.6, all other test run at 4.9.

    Temps are always in a good range, and I have tried different settings, in BIOS to force the PC to stay at 4.9, but it'll still downclock right from the get-go when starting a stress test.

    The tests, at least say my OC is stable, and I guess I'll never have to worry about overheating either, plus I'll never use anything that would use so many resources and stress my CPU, like a stress test, but this is just a puzzle I would like to solve. and any feedback is welcomed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    14 Mar 2017 #453
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,593
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Cliff, I'm out of my league here since I no longer OC, so I would ask those guys over at overclockers since they have a that huge thread dedicated to Skylake overclocking.

    If you do go there, be aware they're not as stringent there as here so you might run into a butthole or two. Generally though they're pretty good with the help, especially once they find out you know your stuff.

    That said, I've not been to the Intel forums, where that thread is I posted, but, I've been to a couple of others where the "new guy" is tested

    Anyway give them a try and see what they say.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    15 Mar 2017 #454
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,679
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Cliff, I'm out of my league here since I no longer OC, so I would ask those guys over at overclockers since they have a that huge thread dedicated to Skylake overclocking.

    If you do go there, be aware they're not as stringent there as here so you might run into a butthole or two. Generally though they're pretty good with the help, especially once they find out you know your stuff.

    That said, I've not been to the Intel forums, where that thread is I posted, but, I've been to a couple of others where the "new guy" is tested

    Anyway give them a try and see what they say.
    Thanks for the advice
    I want to try one last thing first(on the weekend when I have more time) see if I can lower my Vcore and still be able to run a benchmark, then try the stress tests.
    >I noticed the voltage drops immediately after initiating any stress test, and of course my multiplier drops with it.
    I'll set my BIOS to run full-pull, when I try this, so speedstepping doesn't interfere, and set enhanced turbo to enabled(instead of auto) and see how low I can go and still boot, run a couple of benchmarks, then try a stress test.
    Then set the above back to auto, and try CPU Mark in Performance test.
    It might be a voltage thing, who knows.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    15 Mar 2017 #455
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,593
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    You know I just thought of something. I've read many where people say running high performance in power management makes their system more stable when overclocking. If you're not running in high performance try that first and see what happens.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    15 Mar 2017 #456
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,679
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    You know I just thought of something. I've read many where people say running high performance in power management makes their system more stable when overclocking. If you're not running in high performance try that first and see what happens.
    Thanks, but I set it to that always, when either benchmarking, trying to run a stress test, or when running multiple virtual machines(with 4.9, I get really good response from the VMs, with no noticeable latency(the main reason I OC).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    16 Mar 2017 #457
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,679
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    16 Mar 2017 #458
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,679
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    PC Building Simulator pre-alpha game released (free) - PC - News - HEXUS.net
    This week a new Sim game has been released in alpha testing stage and free to donwload for those interested in the topic. The PC Building Simulator v0.01 is available to download now for Windows and Linux users. Developer 'McIntyre' is looking for feedback, suggestions, bug reports and so on via his/her Wordpress blog. Remember this is a 'pre-alpha' release so the developer will likely be aware and actively working on obvious issues.

    Writing about the release, McIntyre said that "I know some of the components donít make sense as choices today but I have mainly focused on getting everything to work and better and more numerous 3D models will come in the future." In a previous post it was mentioned that the game has been delayed as permission was sought from various component manufacturers for their granded products to feature.


      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    16 Mar 2017 #459
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,454
    W10 Insider + Linux

    It would be great if it also gave performance results.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    16 Mar 2017 #460
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,679
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    It would be great if it also gave performance results.
    I think it would be to use after researching benchmarks at Passmark, then going to pcpartpicker to choose, tthen lastly put it togeather virtually to get an idea on how it will look,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. Youíll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums