Page 45 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Mar 2017 #441
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 2,081
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64

    Hi,
    Well it's mostly the link software crashes quite a bit it is posted a fair amount on the web and corsairs website
    They just added way too much crapware to it monitoring everything as you show on your screen shots
    All CL should do is it's main job = control the pump and fans on it's cooler

    So I'm just going to hook the fans to the mobo cpu leads and get rid of CL except for it's usb hub which is separate than the link crapware
    If anyone has cl installed look at reliability reports and see if you have a lot of stopped responding/ working reports if oc'ing I'd bet one does
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    13 Mar 2017 #442
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    Hi,
    Well it's mostly the link software crashes quite a bit it is posted a fair amount on the web and corsairs website
    They just added way too much crapware to it monitoring everything as you show on your screen shots
    All CL should do is it's main job = control the pump and fans on it's cooler

    So I'm just going to hook the fans to the mobo cpu leads and get rid of CL except for it's usb hub which is separate than the link crapware
    If anyone has cl installed look at reliability reports and see if you have a lot of stopped responding/ working reports if oc'ing I'd bet one does
    Yes Cl does make some dmp files, but only when I increase my Bclk Freq too high, oc'n ....you can find a "sweet spot" and don't go over it .....same for setting your cpu voltage , took me a while to get CL happy, but it can be done.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    13 Mar 2017 #443
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Is there anything more recent about this? The article is dated Jan 11, of 2016! I would hope this issue would be resolved by now seeing it's 14 months later. Where's the confirmation this hasn't been done???

    Thanks
    Seeing I got no answer here, 'm going to assume this old article was posted as a back then issue that no longer applies today.

    Thanks.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    13 Mar 2017 #444
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Drew, I recall when the news came out, but I wasn't affected and didn't keep up. At the time I heard that it only affected 'some' people and only when running Prime95. I have no idea if it was fixed or not.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    13 Mar 2017 #445
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    All I know is running Realbench with any kind of overclock will freeze my system, and running it without any OC, using out of box settings, screws up my system clocks(not the one on the taskbar).
    Also running Torture Test Prime95 downclocks my PC from 4.9GHz to around 4.4GHZ(using Prime95's benchmark runs at my set 4.9GHz though, also if while the torture test is running and I run CPU-Z's stress test it then jumps to 4.9GHz, I tried this during my trouble shooting)...
    This is just one of the articles that came up in my search as to the reason why this might be happening on my 6700K.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    13 Mar 2017 #446
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Drew, I recall when the news came out, but I wasn't affected and didn't keep up. At the time I heard that it only affected 'some' people and only when running Prime95. I have no idea if it was fixed or not.
    I see it as a non factor now because if the issue was still there, they'd still be talking about. It's not like these programs suddenly disappeared on the face of the planet. Anyway that's the danger about posting old news articles with no follow up. It leaves too many open questions and confuses the reader. And the follow-up would be from the author

    Thanks. I'll consider this issue fixed.

    Oh, BTW the "fix" would have come in a firmware update (BIOS) so if you don't have a BIOS after said date, your issue probably isn't fixed. Gigabyte has since had at least one BIOS update on most all their boards supporting Skylake processors, so...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    13 Mar 2017 #447
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    All I know is running Realbench with any kind of overclock will freeze my system, and running it without any OC, using out of box settings, screws up my system clocks(not the one on the taskbar).
    Also running Torture Test Prime95 downclocks my PC from 4.9GHz to around 4.4GHZ(using Prime95's benchmark runs at my set 4.9GHz though, also if while the torture test is running and I run CPU-Z's stress test it then jumps to 4.9GHz, I tried this during my trouble shooting)...
    This is just one of the articles that came up in my search as to the reason why this might be happening on my 6700K.
    Cliff, you're trying to OC your chip to 4.9gig. Not every 6700K can hit those speeds, let alone run stable 24/7 so perhaps that's something to consider. Not saying your chip can't do it, but....

    Anyway - Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics].
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    14 Mar 2017 #448
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Yes Cl does make some dmp files, but only when I increase my Bclk Freq too high, oc'n ....you can find a "sweet spot" and don't go over it .....same for setting your cpu voltage , took me a while to get CL happy, but it can be done.
    That's my experience as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    14 Mar 2017 #449
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Oh, BTW the "fix" would have come in a firmware update (BIOS) so if you don't have a BIOS after said date, your issue probably isn't fixed. Gigabyte has since had at least one BIOS update on most all their boards supporting Skylake processors, so...
    Ya, when Cliff posted this I searched the Asus forums to see if "a fix" was in one of the three or so bios updates for my MB. Sadly, Asus is notoriously quiet about the details of their bios updates. "Stability Improvements". I didn't find much.

    I did see this on PC World about how to test to see if you have the bug. Personally, I didn't bother with trying the test.

    How to test your PC for the Skylake bug | PCWorld
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    14 Mar 2017 #450
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Cliff, you're trying to OC your chip to 4.9gig. Not every 6700K can hit those speeds, let alone run stable 24/7 so perhaps that's something to consider. Not saying your chip can't do it, but....

    Anyway - Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics].
    @sygnus21 just to show what`s happening, I tried, for the hell of it, OCCT after seeing some used that to stress & validate, at that stats link you posted.

    The same downclocking happens with OCCT too

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCCT Values before CPU Test.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	125073
    OCCT Values before CPU Test




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCCT Values during CPU Test.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	125074
    OCCT Values during CPU Test
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums