Page 344 of 355 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Oct 2017 #3431
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    I'm talking about the price of $1,050 USD. I've already said on this forum if I was building a new rig I would go for an I7 8700K, if it was at a reasonable price. What are you arguing about? If they "aren't paying those prices" they aren't morons.
    Some might argue (rightfully so) that we're the morons for dumping perfectly good PCs in chase of minor performance increases for benchmarks and/or games. Yet no one is calling us such names. Perhaps out of respect, decency, and the plain old fact that enthusiast will chase that last vestige of performance no matter the cost.

    You might not be spending what others are spending but I guarantee some of your close friends have thought the same of you (moron) when looking at your upgrades.

    Anyway my beef is I don't think we should be calling people morons for spending what they do on PC parts. While I agree and said, those supped up 8700K prices are crazy, and I wouldn't pay for one, I also understand there are those that will buy one because they live for the performance. In this forum, we welcome performance junkies. Calling them morons is thus an insult.

    My two cents.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    10 Oct 2017 #3432
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    We have a place here that does similar. They sell binned and delidded CPUs, but nowhere near what d8bauer is charging. They will delid and apply liquid metal to your CPU for $25-$50, depending on which CPU you have. They have the 8700K listed delidded for $360. But, they don't have any in, so we'll see what happens when they do.

    but seriously, how many people do you know who have a Sterling CPU? It has to be worth more, I guess.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    10 Oct 2017 #3433
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    If I hadn't upgraded to my 7700K earlier this year I'd definitely be looking at an 8700K. Don't know about the binned and delidded ones, but a stock 8700K sounds pretty good.

    As it is, I need to stick to what I have for a while otherwise I'm just throwing money away. Of course the lure of new tech is always appealing and challenging not to get. Especially when you love building PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    but seriously, how many people do you know who have a Sterling CPU? It has to be worth more, I guess.
    But it's even more fun to say you've got one.... regardless.

    Anyway it would be more appealing if it had better performance than the "stock" one; not just overclockability.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    10 Oct 2017 #3434
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    I haven't upgraded in close to 3 years. So, I'm thinking about it. I just don't know which way I will go when the time comes. Z370 or X299.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    10 Oct 2017 #3435
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Well I just built this rig maybe 11 months ago, and I agree with sygnus21, already got a lot of money in this rig, and it runs just fine.
    Maybe in another year or two I'll build another one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    10 Oct 2017 #3436
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    It's a vicious circle... when our time to upgrade comes around and we're looking at those shinny new CPU's, some here will be saying the same thing we're saying now about holding off

    It never ends.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    10 Oct 2017 #3437
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Some might argue (rightfully so) that we're the morons for dumping perfectly good PCs in chase of minor performance increases for benchmarks and/or games. Yet no one is calling us such names. Perhaps out of respect, decency, and the plain old fact that enthusiast will chase that last vestige of performance no matter the cost.

    You might not be spending what others are spending but I guarantee some of your close friends have thought the same of you (moron) when looking at your upgrades.

    Anyway my beef is I don't think we should be calling people morons for spending what they do on PC parts. While I agree and said, those supped up 8700K prices are crazy, and I wouldn't pay for one, I also understand there are those that will buy one because they live for the performance. In this forum, we welcome performance junkies. Calling them morons is thus an insult.

    My two cents.
    Again, you're way off. I'm NOT talking about people who want to spend for performance, even a little bit better performance. I'm talking about people who don't do their homework, will pay a ridiculous price when they can get it for much less if they understand all the 8700K's will do 5.0.

    Your interpretation of what I said is an insult. MY TWO CENTS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 Oct 2017 #3438

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Some might argue (rightfully so) that we're the morons for dumping perfectly good PCs in chase of minor performance increases for benchmarks and/or games. Yet no one is calling us such names. Perhaps out of respect, decency, and the plain old fact that enthusiast will chase that last vestige of performance no matter the cost.

    You might not be spending what others are spending but I guarantee some of your close friends have thought the same of you (moron) when looking at your upgrades.

    Anyway my beef is I don't think we should be calling people morons for spending what they do on PC parts. While I agree and said, those supped up 8700K prices are crazy, and I wouldn't pay for one, I also understand there are those that will buy one because they live for the performance. In this forum, we welcome performance junkies. Calling them morons is thus an insult.

    My two cents.
    Personally let them buy because they keep chasing the dream meanwhile i'll just grab that last Gen monster that got cut in half price wise that still knocks socks off ha
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    10 Oct 2017 #3439
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 2,081
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    I haven't upgraded in close to 3 years. So, I'm thinking about it. I just don't know which way I will go when the time comes. Z370 or X299.
    Hi @essenbe
    I sure wouldn't go for a 7900x I can't beat my existing 5930k benchmarks on the same 1080 classified not even running it at 4.6 Mhz the 5930k was never over 4.5 Mhz
    15 day return for i9-7900x expired monday

    I suppose we can all see how @AddRAM 's does with a 1080ti pretty soon.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    10 Oct 2017 #3440

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Again, you're way off. I'm NOT talking about people who want to spend for performance, even a little bit better performance. I'm talking about people who don't do their homework, will pay a ridiculous price when they can get it for much less if they understand all the 8700K's will do 5.0.

    Your interpretation of what I said is an insult. MY TWO CENTS.
    Just like anything else it takes time for people to learn better and soak up the right information

    For me i used to build the medium just to get by but when you noticed just getting by sucks ,so i had to learn what is the best route and options when building a pc

    At this point i just flip graphic cards but really don't have to,it's just one of those things i know my performance will go up getting it a new CPU not so much they tend to float around the same numbers even if the other one is newer and with overclocking in the mix you can surely beat out the old stock numbers and get a few more miles out of old Betsy girl lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums