Windows 10: 2017 Hardware Thread

  1.    10 Sep 2017 #3021

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Can't answer you there Mike, but the only thing Magician is good for, really is just keeping the firmware updated, RAPID is just a RAM cache of sorts, and slows boot/shutdown times down some(not a whole lot, depending what else needs to be loaded in the systray, but a bit, as the files need to be read to RAM then). But that is the users choice as fare as I am concerned.
    I just installed it and this one shows all drives, HDDs as well as SSDs, can check for AHCI and Trim as well as speeds. Sits in the tray but doesn't show up in Startup, well, it will be gone as soon as I set everything up properly. With such fast drive, Rapid looses it's point if ever there was one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    10 Sep 2017 #3022

    CountMike said: View Post
    I just installed it and this one shows all drives, HDDs as well as SSDs, can check for AHCI and Trim as well as speeds. Sits in the tray but doesn't show up in Startup, well, it will be gone as soon as I set everything up properly. With such fast drive, Rapid looses it's point if ever there was one.
    Mike if your talking about a Samsung 960 M.2 Drive , then you cannot use rapid mode on ANY M.2 drive. Once you get your new ssd drive installed and Magician, it will tell you anyhow. I have the Samsung 960 PRO M.2- 512GB installed on mine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    10 Sep 2017 #3023

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Mike if your talking about a Samsung 960 M.2 Drive , then you cannot use rapid mode on ANY M.2 drive. Once you get your new ssd drive installed and Magician, it will tell you anyhow. I have the Samsung 860 PRO M.2- 512GB installed on mine.
    Yes, it's M2. It's OK if Rapid mode doesn't work, it's plenty fast anyway.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    10 Sep 2017 #3024

    CountMike said: View Post
    Yes, it's M2. It's OK if Rapid mode doesn't work, it's plenty fast anyway.
    Oh yes, its fast. You can use Rapid on any other Samsung ssd thou.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    10 Sep 2017 #3025

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Oh yes, its fast. You can use Magician on any other Samsung ssd thou.
    It will be only Samsung for now. One of the old ones, Silicon Power 240GB is staying for W7 and 120GB Kingston is going in the second computer with only desperately slow WD "Green" 750GB. There's non Skippy on it. Another one with Mint is even smaller and slower.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    10 Sep 2017 #3026

    CountMike said: View Post
    It will be only Samsung for now. One of the old ones, Silicon Power 240GB is staying for W7 and 120GB Kingston is going in the second computer with only desperately slow WD "Green" 750GB. There's non Skippy on it. Another one with Mint is even smaller and slower.
    Ahh ok, I have two Samsung ssd's installed, and I have rapid mode on the 2nd ssd.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    10 Sep 2017 #3027

    Looks like I had a senior moment, when I put in my system spec's a month or so ago, had my 960 M.2 drive listed as a 860 M.2 drive, don't even think they ever made one ....LoL Fixed now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    11 Sep 2017 #3028

    Samsung 960 Evo 256GB installed. Had to try couple of times but MR backup I made just before change finally made it "Fix BOOT problems" from rescue disk fixed it. Couldn't (of course) not to benchmark it first.
    With MS drivers:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsun 960-1.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	152749
    With Samsung drivers:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsun 960-2.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	152755
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 10,278
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       11 Sep 2017 #3029

    Nice job, Mike. Looks like good scores.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    11 Sep 2017 #3030

    CountMike said: View Post
    Samsung 960 Evo 256GB installed. Had to try couple of times but MR backup I made just before change finally made it "Fix BOOT problems" from rescue disk fixed it. Couldn't (of course) not to benchmark it first.
    With MS drivers:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsun 960-1.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	152749
    With Samsung drivers:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsun 960-2.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	152755
    Looks Good Mike, I have both drivers installed, have to have the Samsung driver installed. You will love the speed too, might not notice a big difference until you start moving big files around.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sam11.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	152758
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Happy 2017 in Chillout Room
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017 in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
Bitdefender 2017 Beta in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.
Find Us