Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    5 Days Ago #21

    pparks1 said: View Post
    I haven't gone AMD since the Athlon 64 X2 line back in the Pentium 4 days. They simply don't compete anymore.
    lol Last real AMD CPU I have used is in my 7 year old daughters build FX-8320E if The Ryzen CPU can beat out a 6900k I'm all for it and i'll be good with building one and have both like i have now

    At this point this is all Hobby for me i don't even need another build this is just for curiosity and upgrading my Kiddo's unit to something a lot better
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 293
    Windows 10 Pro
       5 Days Ago #22

    Don't get me wrong, I hope AMD can get into the game. I don't see why they always try to compare an absurdly expensive Intel 8 core to an AMD 8 core, when often times the Intel 4 core can outperform the AMD. Compare the 4 core Intel to the 8 core AMD, and the price difference is not as substantial as AMD diehards often try to get you believe.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    5 Days Ago #23

    pparks1 said: View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I hope AMD can get into the game. I don't see why they always try to compare an absurdly expensive Intel 8 core to an AMD 8 core, when often times the Intel 4 core can outperform the AMD. Compare the 4 core Intel to the 8 core AMD, and the price difference is not as substantial as AMD diehards often try to get you believe.
    Yeah ,I hear that i used to run Phenoms they were good 8 years ago and i had a lot of their GPU'S HD3570 HD5770 HD6870 HD7970 Before those i had the FX5200 FX 5600 Then 7300GT The 7300GT served me well up into 2008 lol but left for dead 1 was barley running decent on it lol

    But after all the AMD Gpu's i went back to Nvidia with the 780ti Windforce and i been a Gigabyte Head ever since
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 168
    8.1 / 10
       5 Days Ago #24

    The Phenom IIs are still the best processor AMD ever made. I still have a couple of them. = )
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 387
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       4 Days Ago #25

    I'm happy with what I have and should be for some time, as long as I keep disabling Nvidia's HFTS shadows which I have no problem doing.

    Definitely not looking at I7 7700k given what I have and given these gaming benchmark comparisons. No difference at stock clocks in BF1, GTA V, etc.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7700.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	116954

    Intel i7-7700K Review: Gaming, Rendering, Temps, & Overclocking | GamersNexus - Gaming PC Builds & Hardware Benchmarks


    essenbe said: View Post
    I like the "overclock higher" part. I'm also anxious to see what the 1080 TI is really like, if it is ever released. So far everything about it has been rumors.
    1080 TI isn't for me given my current 1080. If it's ever released, ya I get that. Also if it is released, then how long until Volta? I like one of the EVGA forum mod's comment about all the 1080 TI rumours, LOL.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mod.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	116955
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    4 Days Ago #26

    specialkone said: View Post
    I'm happy with what I have and should be for some time, as long as I keep disabling Nvidia's HFTS shadows which I have no problem doing.

    Definitely not looking at I7 7700k given what I have and given these gaming benchmark comparisons. No difference at stock clocks in BF1, GTA V, etc.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7700.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	116954

    Intel i7-7700K Review: Gaming, Rendering, Temps, & Overclocking | GamersNexus - Gaming PC Builds & Hardware Benchmarks




    1080 TI isn't for me given my current 1080. If it's ever released, ya I get that. Also if it is released, then how long until Volta? I like one of the EVGA forum mod's comment about all the 1080 TI rumours, LOL.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mod.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	116955
    lol @5.1 Ghz getting 2+ frames hahaha
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 387
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       3 Days Ago #27

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    lol @5.1 Ghz getting 2+ frames hahaha
    Yep, no difference for gaming. I've seen that before with the next generation CPU. Kinda happy about that as CPU typically doesn't become obsolete as quickly as GPU for gaming. Think they mentioned just under a 6% improvement in benchmarks - Time Spy, etc.

    And data like that is why I don't OC this setup for gaming. Don't need to at 1080P, which was my objective when building this rig.

    But there is that nasty HFTS .
    Last edited by specialkone; 3 Days Ago at 10:38.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    1 Day Ago #28

    specialkone said: View Post
    Yep, no difference for gaming. I've seen that before with the next generation CPU. Kinda happy about that as CPU typically doesn't become obsolete as quickly as GPU for gaming. Think they mentioned just under a 6% improvement in benchmarks - Time Spy, etc.

    And data like that is why I don't OC this setup for gaming. Don't need to at 1080P, which was my objective when building this rig.

    But there is that nasty HFTS .

    I have two Gsync Monitors i don't get that
    Only time i had high frame rate tearing is when i bought a Asus pq something IPS screen without Gsync my previous Viewsonic IPS 27 inch was overclocked to 85Mhz with no tearing what so ever so going from 60-80Mhz without Gsync is cool anything above will need to have a lock put on it

    On a side note anyone know when those AMD boards and CPU's are going to drop ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,752
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       1 Day Ago #29
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums