Page 278 of 355 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Aug 2017 #2771
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Tried it, rebooted, Xbox still on Windows Pro ....
    Thanks for trying, though
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    18 Aug 2017 #2772
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Most I can do is turn it off ....remove it completely is not possible from Windows Pro
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    18 Aug 2017 #2773
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Thanks for trying, though
    I've tried for at least 2 years Cliff ....on PRO version .....can't be removed.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winver2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	149434
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    18 Aug 2017 #2774
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Here is something of interest for you Mike.
    I noticed that the Gaming section on my laptop(the only home version I have) is not present.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	149436
    I am supposing that's because it is waaaayyy to weak a system for gaming.
    It's an 2010(I think it was 2010) ASUS X54C upgraded to a Samsung SSD and 8GB RAM. X54C | Laptops | ASUS Global

    The only ASUS supported drivers for it are actually Win8.1, but Win10 runs better than Win7(the original OS) did.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    18 Aug 2017 #2775
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Here is something of interest for you Mike.
    I noticed that the Gaming section on my laptop(the only home version I have) is not present.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	149436
    I am supposing that's because it is waaaayyy to weak a system for gaming.
    It's an 2010(I think it was 2010) ASUS X54C upgraded to a Samsung SSD and 8GB RAM. X54C | Laptops | ASUS Global

    The only ASUS supported drivers for it are actually Win8.1, but Win10 runs better than Win7(the original OS) did.
    Never owned a laptop Cliff, all my computers have always been desktop models. Got 3 more sitting on the floor, all with Windows 10 Pro installed. One of them is at least 9 years old too. Prefer desktops because I can tear into them much easier.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    18 Aug 2017 #2776

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    I've tried for at least 2 years Cliff ....on PRO version .....can't be removed.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winver2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	149434
    You are correct. It's still in msconfig. I guess it just removed the icon. Well I thought it was gone. One thing about Pro I like is applocker. I'm sick and tired of Win 10 Home redownloading the stupid games I don't want. We setup applocker to block the windows content delivery manager so Candy crush and all the other stupid games stopped downloading. When we first rolled out Ten we were not happy to find users playing candy crush.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    18 Aug 2017 #2777
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertech25 View Post
    You are correct. It's still in msconfig. I guess it just removed the icon. Well I thought it was gone. One thing about Pro I like is applocker. I'm sick and tired of Win 10 Home redownloading the stupid games I don't want. We setup applocker to block the windows content delivery manager so Candy crush and all the other stupid games stopped downloading. When we first rolled out Ten we were not happy to find users playing candy crush.
    Best we can do is Turn Xbox Off ...which is a Big Plus, but MS has Xbox built into Windows, and won't allow it to be removed completely. Do a file search sometime, using a app like "Everything" you will see how many places Xbox lives. Its Free.

    Everything Search Tool
    voidtools
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    18 Aug 2017 #2778
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,768
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertech25 View Post
    You are correct. It's still in msconfig. I guess it just removed the icon. Well I thought it was gone. One thing about Pro I like is applocker. I'm sick and tired of Win 10 Home redownloading the stupid games I don't want. We setup applocker to block the windows content delivery manager so Candy crush and all the other stupid games stopped downloading. When we first rolled out Ten we were not happy to find users playing candy crush.
    Well, there went office morale I will look into applocker so I can block the crap games too
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    18 Aug 2017 #2779

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Best we can do is Turn Xbox Off ...which is a Big Plus, but MS has Xbox built into Windows, and won't allow it to be removed completely. Do a file search sometime, using a app like "Everything" you will see how many places Xbox lives. Its Free.

    Everything Search Tool
    voidtools
    Microsoft these days makes me want to quit IT.....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    18 Aug 2017 #2780
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,382
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertech25 View Post
    Microsoft these days makes me want to quit IT.....
    Hang in there, just wait till sometime maybe in Sept. When we all will get "The Fall Creators Update" This is going to change our Windows even more.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums