Windows 10: 2017 Hardware Thread

  1.    19 May 2017 #1671

    worf105 said: View Post
    Well put specialkone
    That actually came from a conversation I overheard between Red and Lydia.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,572
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1703)
       19 May 2017 #1672

    specialkone said: View Post
    That actually came from a conversation I overheard between Red and Lydia.
    Ye those girls don't do small.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    19 May 2017 #1673

    specialkone said: View Post
    Personally, when I see a GPU like this beat everything in it's class in games and benchmarks both at stock and overclocked, and run games at no less than 2000MHZ and no more than 60C, the point that some recommend additional support due to size doesn't bother me.
    I'm good with a petite card

    Anyway I guess they'll be building support beams in cases just to hold that thing. And here I thought Gigabyte was being stupid for adding metal braces to their PCIE slots on their motherboards. Alrighty then

    At any rate enjoy the card.

    Peace
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 8,863
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       19 May 2017 #1674

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    I'm good with a petite card

    Anyway I guess they'll be building support beams in cases just to hold that thing. And here I thought Gigabyte was being stupid for adding metal braces to their PCIE slots on their motherboards. Alrighty then

    At any rate enjoy the card.

    Peace
    @sygnus21, your HAF X has a GPU support bracket and has had for years. Yea, I know. I don't use mine either, but you can actually add a fan to it, if you wanted to use It.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    19 May 2017 #1675

    Yeah I know it came with a GPU brace, still have it. Anyway it's mainly for multi GPU configurations. Regardless I never had a need for it as a GPU brace. That said, I did once try it with a fan but didn't like it. Never used it again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 May 2017 #1676

    Well because of the temps we are having early this spring, I went out and bought a portable AC just for the room my computer is in. Easy hookup, just stick the exhaust hose out a window. Comes with adapters for your windows. Only bought a small one, 8000 BTU's . What a Difference now in my CPU temps, and water temps. They went down at least 4° and water temps down about 3° Don't seem like much maybe, but room feels sooo much better. So now I am ready for the high temps outside this summer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    19 May 2017 #1677

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well because of the temps we are having early this spring, I went out and bought a portable AC just for the room my computer is in. What a Difference now in my CPU temps, and water temps. They went down at least 4° and water temps down about 3° Don't seem like much maybe, but room feels sooo much better.
    Good move OldMike. Those 3-4 degree temp drops are significant, making you and your fine hardware (and possibly an awaiting new GPU ) much happier.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,572
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1703)
       19 May 2017 #1678

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Thats exactly what it is...and does. Worf showed us that couple weeks ago.
    That card is almost 13" long.
    The funny thing is that Nessie does not sag
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessie no sagg.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	135691
    But Nessie's old Granny (Nelly) sagged very much:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nessies old granny sagging.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	135692
    So old Nelly had some support added:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nessies old granny sagging fixed.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	209.9 KB 
ID:	135693
    But she was unhappy with this fix now that she was the fastest 1070 around. With her new found fame, Nelly sought a more powerful permanent fix:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nelly fixed.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	135696

    So when Nelly retired, she passed this support to Nessie:
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    19 May 2017 #1679

    worf105 said: View Post
    The funny thing is that Nessie does not sag
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessie no sagg.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	135691
    But Nessie's old Granny (Nelly) sagged very much:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nessies old granny sagging.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	135692
    So old Nelly had some support added:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nessies old granny sagging fixed.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	209.9 KB 
ID:	135693
    But she was unhappy with this fix now that she was the fastest 1070 around. With her new found fame, Nelly sought a more powerful permanent fix:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nelly fixed.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	135696

    So when Nelly retired, she passed this support to Nessie:
    Don't care if it needs it or not...all thou I've read some reviews saying its a good idea to put it on. You got one heck of a GPU Worf
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,572
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1703)
       19 May 2017 #1680

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Don't care if it needs it or not...all thou I've read some reviews saying its a good idea to put it on. You got one heck of a GPU Worf
    Thanks Mike, Ye I feel better Knowing that Nessie is well supported
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Happy 2017 in Chillout Room
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017 in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
Bitdefender 2017 Beta in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:25.
Find Us