Page 165 of 355 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
  1.    17 May 2017 #1641
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,677
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Yes, it's showing as the third extension fan for me under monitoring. Not that I care much. It's the only fan I don't see RPM readings on or control through either the bios or CL. When I did this build I remember taking a close look at it. With the power turned on, it simply runs at its happy default RPM/voltage, whatever that is.
    Well I went in and looked, and it only shows me 4 fan temps, even thou I have 5 fans installed, and this is not counting the power supply fan. everything else just displays N/A in monitoring screen 2 of these fans are in the radiator. They are all 4 pin Corsair Fans too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    17 May 2017 #1642
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Well I went in and looked, and it only shows me 4 fan temps, even thou I have 5 fans installed, and this is not counting the power supply fan. everything else just displays N/A in monitoring screen 2 of these fans are in the radiator. They are all 4 pin Corsair Fans too.
    The bios identifies all my fans. As far as readings are concerned, it's showing readings on the 4 fans I control through bios, 3 case fans and CPU. It's not showing readings on the pump or 3 extension fans (including power). Fine by me on the pump and 2 rad fans which I control exclusively through CL. Power supply fan, not sure it's even designed to be controlled.

    On your 5th fan, assuming it's a case fan with the typical plug in, don't know why you wouldn't have control of that through the bios.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 May 2017 #1643
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,677
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    The bios identifies all my fans. As far as readings are concerned, it's showing readings on the 4 fans I control through bios, 3 case fans and CPU. It's not showing readings on the pump or 3 extension fans (including power). Fine by me on the pump and 2 rad fans which I control exclusively through CL. Power supply fan, not sure it's even designed to be controlled.

    On your 5th fan, assuming it's a case fan with the typical plug in, don't know why you wouldn't have control of that through the bios.
    I can control 4 of my fans in the bios. (one is the cpu fan). 3 are case fans, 2 are the rad fans. So it looks like I don't control the 2 rad fans, but CL does, just like you said. also bios does not show the rad fans temps. Power supply I don't see in any setting, looked all over for it. But they all are working. Unless the dam power supply fan is listed in CL just as a fan# .....just don't see it listed in the bios. As far as readings displayed in bios, it only shows 4 readings.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    17 May 2017 #1644
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,677
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fans1.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	135479

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fans2.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	135480
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    17 May 2017 #1645
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    I can control 4 of my fans in the bios. (one is the cpu fan). 3 are case fans, 2 are the rad fans. So it looks like I don't control the 2 rad fans, but CL does, just like you said. also bios does not show the rad fans temps. Power supply I don't see in any setting, looked all over for it. But they all are working. Unless the dam power supply fan is listed in CL just as a fan# .....just don't see it listed in the bios. As far as readings displayed in bios, it only shows 4 readings.
    Yes OldMike. I think your situation is exactly like mine and I don't think there is anything "wrong" with your bios. I also think CL is controlling your rad fans, not the bios. For me, that's fine. If I have CL controlling a fan I don't want bios also trying to control it. You can of course play with rad fan settings in CL. Fixed rpm/percent to limit noise. I know some are controlling rad fans on a curve with water pump temp which doesn't make the fans run up and down like CPU temp does. Not sure but doubt CL is displaying your power supply fan, at least it doesn't for me. More likely yet another phantom fan.

    What I don't get is why Worf isn't having the duplicate fan issue
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    17 May 2017 #1646
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,793
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Because he delidded, and doesn't need fans
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 May 2017 #1647
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,677
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Yes OldMike. I think your situation is exactly like mine and I don't think there is anything "wrong" with your bios. I also think CL is controlling your rad fans, not the bios. For me, that's fine. If I have CL controlling a fan I don't want bios also trying to control it. You can of course play with rad fan settings in CL. Fixed rpm/percent to limit noise. I know some are controlling rad fans on a curve with water pump temp which doesn't make the fans run up and down like CPU temp does. Not sure but doubt CL is displaying your power supply fan, at least it doesn't for me. More likely yet another phantom fan.

    What I don't get is why Worf isn't having the duplicate fan issue
    Yes I don't know how he dosn't have any problems either.....LoL
    I already have my pump and rad fans setup under CL ....got them set kinda high, but the weather here last few days is getting real warm. Might have to buy an AC just for this room. Stick it in the window.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    17 May 2017 #1648
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 1,387
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64

    I never take my AC`s out, too much on my back, all I have to do is plug it in
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    17 May 2017 #1649
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    I already have my pump and rad fans setup under CL ....got them set kinda high, but the weather here last few days is getting real warm. Might have to buy an AC just for this room. Stick it in the window.
    Very good idea on that AC OldMike. Room temp makes a significant difference on PC performance. Ask doorules

    And on you as well. Yes, we got to a very surprising but pleasing 28C in Montreal today. Tomorrow too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 May 2017 #1650
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Because he delidded, and doesn't need fans
    The part I agree with is for many of us you would have to have no fans whatsoever, case or CPU fans, to have no duplicates in CL.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums