Page 164 of 355 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
  1.    17 May 2017 #1631
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,707
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    most of the M.2 drives are of a different size. You can buy PCIe "carriers" for them which are a third of that size, but yes they are prone to overheating.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    17 May 2017 #1632

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    most of the M.2 drives are of a different size. You can buy PCIe "carriers" for them which are a third of that size, but yes they are prone to overheating.
    Also depends on where you put it too

    My M.2 is above my GPU for obvious reasons and it still gets up there in Temps 42c while my 840EVO goes like 30c
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 May 2017 #1633
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 1,457
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64

    Mine is at 47/48 but it`s 92F today
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    17 May 2017 #1634
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 1,457
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by doorules View Post
    Corsair link has always been buggy as hell, that's been my experience with it.
    I only use it to change the color of the pump logo, but it does show the water temp and and the pump speed, so there is that.

    And it also shows the hard drive and gpu temps, must be magic
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    17 May 2017 #1635
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,174
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
    Mine is at 47/48 but it`s 92F today
    I hear that, its 89° here today, tomorrow will be in the 90's ...
    Put 1 AC in the window already.....1 more to go
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    17 May 2017 #1636
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,707
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    Quote Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
    I only use it to change the color of the pump logo, but it does show the water temp and and the pump speed, so there is that.

    And it also shows the hard drive and gpu temps, must be magic
    Yea, it shows some decent info, but it is buggy as it can be. I quit using it years ago. I don't even mess with it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    17 May 2017 #1637
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,658
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Yea, it shows some decent info, but it is buggy as it can be. I quit using it years ago. I don't even mess with it.
    I simply use it as a nag notifier as I actually had the pump on my H100i go bad, leaving me with an extremely hot CPU. At that time, like you, I wasn't running CL. Now since I use it as a nag notifier, I also use it to control the pump color and fan/pump speed. As a reliable temp reader... AIDA64
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    17 May 2017 #1638
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    I simply use it as a nag notifier as I actually had the pump on my H100i go bad, leaving me with an extremely hot CPU. At that time, like you, I wasn't running CL. Now since I use it as a nag notifier, I also use it to control the pump color and fan/pump speed. As a reliable temp reader... AIDA64
    Yep, exactly. I use CL to control pump (quiet/performance), pump color and rad fans. As for case fans it's useless. I just take a look at all those fans once in awhile to see if the RPMs for the case and CPU fans are where I want them to be, which they always are.

    Old Mike: I doubt there is anything wrong with your Asus bios. When I look at my bios it correctly shows 4 fans (3 case and the CPU). It also shows 3 extension fans (2 rad fans and the power supply fan). For me, bios doesn't control extension fans and it states right in the bios I would need an add in card to do that. When I used AI Suite 3, it showed all 7 fans correctly and labelled those 3 extension fans. So Asus' software can at least identify the fans correctly. Why can't CL?

    I just saw a guy on the Corsair forum report that with the latest CL version he now has two more phantom fans and is up to a total of 10 showing on CL. This can to taken as very sad or concerning. Given what I think of Corsair's software engineers at this point, I just take it as hilarious, especially given it's only affecting readings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    17 May 2017 #1639
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,174
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Yep, exactly. I use CL to control pump (quiet/performance), pump color and rad fans. As for case fans it's useless. I just take a look at all those fans once in awhile to see if the RPMs for the case and CPU fans are where I want them to be, which they always are.

    Old Mike: I doubt there is anything wrong with your Asus bios. When I look at my bios it correctly shows 4 fans (3 case and the CPU). It also shows 3 extension fans (2 rad fans and the power supply fan). For me, bios doesn't control extension fans and it states right in the bios I would need an add in card to do that. When I used AI Suite 3, it showed all 7 fans correctly and labelled those 3 extension fans. So Asus' software can at least identify the fans correctly. Why can't CL?

    I just saw a guy on the Corsair forum report that with the latest CL version he now has two more phantom fans and is up to a total of 10 showing on CL. This can to taken as very sad or concerning. Given what I think of Corsair's software engineers at this point, I just take it as hilarious, especially given it's only affecting readings.
    I'll have to check in my bios again, as it does show all my fans, but I don't think it shows the power supply fan, don't remember seeing that one....
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    17 May 2017 #1640
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    I'll have to check in my bios again, as it does show all my fans, but I don't think it shows the power supply fan, don't remember seeing that one....
    Yes, it's showing as the third extension fan for me under monitoring. Not that I care much. It's the only fan I don't see RPM readings on or control through either the bios or CL. When I did this build I remember taking a close look at it. With the power turned on, it simply runs at its happy default RPM/voltage, whatever that is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums