Page 163 of 355 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
  1.    17 May 2017 #1621
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Did you setup q fan in the Asus bios
    Yep. The four fans of course as shown in the bios not Corsair Link's imaginary 4 extra fans. Case fans are on a curve but a high curve going from 90% to 100%. CPU fan I run at max. Three extension fans not controlled by bios, 2 rad fans I control with Link as well as the pump. Third extension fan is the power supply which has never shown up in Link, not that I care much about that.

    I ran AI Suite 3 at the beginning, just trying it out and playing with the OC features. Also controlled case fans with it. After playing with it, didn't see a real need and uninstalled it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    17 May 2017 #1622

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Yep. The four fans of course as shown in the bios not Corsair Link's imaginary 4 extra fans. Case fans are on a curve but a high curve going from 90% to 100%. CPU fan I run at max. Three extension fans not controlled by bios, 2 rad fans I control with Link as well as the pump. Third extension fan is the power supply which has never shown up in Link, not that I care much about that.

    I ran AI Suite 3 at the beginning, just trying it out and playing with the OC features. Also controlled case fans with it. After playing with it, didn't see a real need and uninstalled it.

    Mine shows the correct number i had to even recount them lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 May 2017 #1623
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,237
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Well guys I've had the same problem with Corsair Link too. I only have 5 fans installed, and Corsair has always showed me 8 fans, 2 are duplicates. Have not figured out how to fix it yet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    17 May 2017 #1624
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Well guys I've had the same problem with Corsair Link too. I only have 5 fans installed, and Corsair has always showed me 8 fans, 2 are duplicates. Have not figured out how to fix it yet.
    Well Old Mike not sure WE are going to figure it out. It's Corsair who should figure it out. All they seem to be concerned about with their last two versions are lighting nodes on the memory sticks. Helps me a lot as my memory doesn't light up. BTW, I noticed over the last few months with those who reported duplicate fan display in Link. it was mainly Asus boards.

    It's displaying the correct info (ie fan RPM) , the rad fans and pump controls work fine. It's just that the display fan info is duplicated. Very annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 May 2017 #1625
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Newfoundland
    Posts : 610
    win 10

    Corsair link has always been buggy as hell, that's been my experience with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    17 May 2017 #1626
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,237
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    Well Old Mike not sure WE are going to figure it out. It's Corsair who should figure it out. All they seem to be concerned about with their last two versions are lighting nodes on the memory sticks. Helps me a lot as my memory doesn't light up. BTW, I noticed over the last few months with those who reported duplicate fan display in Link. it was mainly Asus boards.

    It's displaying the correct info (ie fan RPM) , the rad fans and pump controls work fine. It's just that the display fan info is duplicated. Very annoying.
    Yes I think its a bug in my ASUS Board / bios, As HWMonitor also shows the exact same number of fans, so that makes me think its NOT a Corsair Link problem.

    Correction, just checked HWMonitor, its only showing 7 fans not 8. So maybe one of the fans in Corsair is the power supply fan.....still, I've only got 5 fans installed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    17 May 2017 #1627
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 920
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Uh.... you'll still need to run a power cable for your SATA SSD unless you're running all NVMe's.
    Right, thats why I said I would like a mobo with like 6 m2 slots, so I didn't have any standard sata drives anymore.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    17 May 2017 #1628
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,237
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    Right, thats why I said I would like a mobo with like 6 m2 slots, so I didn't have any standard sata drives anymore.
    That would be one huge motherboard!!! plus the fact it would most likely cause heating problems for those drives.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    17 May 2017 #1629
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,718
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    They can be run by any PCIe slot that is at least X4. You can even run them in Raid 0.

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    17 May 2017 #1630
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 920
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    That would be one huge motherboard!!! plus the fact it would most likely cause heating problems for those drives.
    Ah, technical excuses. Soon, M2 drives will be half the size.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums