Page 159 of 355 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
  1.    14 May 2017 #1581
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 920
    Windows 10 Pro

    Hehe, I am never called an Apple fanboy. Usually called a hater.

    I am not a fan of the iPhone. Always had Blackberry or Android.

    I am not a fan of tablets in general, but iPads perform better in my experience than anything else.

    When I bought my MacBook pro 3 years ago, I wanted a personal laptop for myself and I wanted something new to play with for a learning experience ( I had a windows 8 laptop from work, kids had a Windows 8 laptop at home, wife had Windows 8 laptop at home and I had a Win 7 dekstop).

    3 years later and the Mac is still as good as it was on day 1. Went from Mavericks, to Yosemite, ElCapitan and Sierra with no issues. Its still fast, battery holds its charge, it wakes up and sleeps instantly, screen is still better than anything else I have, and no other issues to report. Its been solid.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    14 May 2017 #1582
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Spoken as a true Apple Fanboy. Plus, an Apple hater would never buy a MacBook.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    14 May 2017 #1583
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,768
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Spoken as a true Apple Fanboy. Plus, an Apple hater would never buy a MacBook.
    Yep, he is
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    14 May 2017 #1584
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 920
    Windows 10 Pro

    I am a technologist. I've been a Windows and Linux admin for many years. I am an MCSE and an RHCE. The Mac was the only mainstream OS I had NO experience with. I had never previosly bought any Apple product for myself.

    A fanboy has the iPhone and stands in line for the new one. They bought the Apple watch. They like iTunes. They don't think the earpods and Beats suck ass. They buy music, movies, and tv shows from the iTunes store.

    The laptop was an experiment for me. It turned out well. The laptop experience didn't change my mind on any of the other Apple products. And I cannot guarantee my next laptop will be a Mac, but I can say that I have no regrets with my last mac purchase.

    For work, I had a dell precision laptop running 10. My dekstop runs 10. My sons dekstop that we built for xmas runs 10. The kids laptop, is a dell inspiron running 10. My wife has a samsung series 7 ultrabook running 8.1. My file server is running Windows 7, and my 2 other desktops run Linux.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    14 May 2017 #1585
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 10,768
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
    I am a technologist. I've been a Windows and Linux admin for many years. I am an MCSE and an RHCE. The Mac was the only mainstream OS I had NO experience with. I had never previosly bought any Apple product for myself.



    A fanboy has the iPhone and stands in line for the new one. They bought the Apple watch. They like iTunes. They don't think the earpods and Beats suck ass. They buy music, movies, and tv shows from the iTunes store.





    The laptop was an experiment for me. It turned out well. The laptop experience didn't change my mind on any of the other Apple products. And I cannot guarantee my next laptop will be a Mac, but I can say that I have no regrets with my last mac purchase.
    Or talks about his MAC in a windows forum
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    14 May 2017 #1586
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 920
    Windows 10 Pro

    I talk about both. I was just reminiscing that my dekstop was from 2009. If it wasn't for my laptop purchase in 2014, I am sure my dekstop would be newer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 May 2017 #1587
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    This just proves you have to have a sense of humor on these forums. Give someone an opening, they'll take the shot. It's all in good fun though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    14 May 2017 #1588
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Hey! I'm all for using "alternative" operating systems too

    As a virtual machine in Windows Hyper-V
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    14 May 2017 #1589
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 920
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    This just proves you have to have a sense of humor on these forums. Give someone an opening, they'll take the shot. It's all in good fun though.
    Absolutely agreed. I take no offense. The Mac gives me an appreciation for windows.

    And I cannot "build" a mac and that takes out some fun.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    14 May 2017 #1590
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 920
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Hey! I'm all for using "alternative" operating systems too

    As a virtual machine in Windows Hyper-V
    Hyper-V isn't my favorite, I have to use it on my work computer as they won't buy me vmware workstation pro. I use VMware at home.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums