Page 151 of 355 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
  1.    10 May 2017 #1501
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,635
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Which color did you buy @specialkone?

    The thing about PParks is, he is right for 99% of people. However, for us one percenters, we've got games to play and benchmarks to run. That reminds me, I have to go check the leaderboards.
    Although I'm not even dreaming to go to all that expense I'll be a faithful spectator because in few years those cards will be dime a dozen and well within my reach.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    10 May 2017 #1502
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 1,457
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64

    Being an Elite member just means you can order a colored FTW3 or SC2, and they will build it to your specs, something to that affect.

    I`m also an Elite member (I`ve been using EVGA for years) but I will more then likely just get a Founder`s Edition, or maybe I`ll win the FTW3 Ya Huh.

    I had an ACX card and I don`t like the idea of blowing hot air into the case and then up through my radiator, never have, and the FE is getting great numbers anyway.

    If one 1080 Ti can`t crush my 2 980 Ti`s, I may return it, but I really want to use just 1 card, for at least a month anyway
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    10 May 2017 #1503
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Which color did you buy @specialkone?

    The thing about PParks is, he is right for 99% of people. However, for us one percenters, we've got games to play and benchmarks to run. That reminds me, I have to go check the leaderboards.
    No, I'm not going for a 1080TI (never say never). My focus is gaming. So being a 1080P gamer (at the moment) a move from a 1080 to a 1080TI makes no sense. It would make sense if I had a 970 . In time when I want 1440P and Nvidia comes out with other nice features like HFTS shadows to convince me it's time to upgrade, I'll think about it.

    I'm a PC hardware enthusiast. I want to hear low, medium, high end and how it performs. If all aren't posting what can I do? Maybe they will say let us get a word in . But I read and appreciate it all. Still waiting for CountMike and others to tell us about what they get. And he is right. What we at the high end are talking about now and how it performs, keep notes, because it will be fire sale stuff in no time.

    Same with the benchmark focused guys, Doorules, etc, guys who want and get the latest and fastest and know what to do with it. Love hearing about that stuff and their expertise. It's great seeing the 1080TI stuff (members) come into this thread and seeing how that hardware performs from guys we trust. Thank goodness for Solarstarshines, Worf, etc. Dude? Well maybe that ship has sailed but he still has informed us well about that 17 7700K. Perhaps his GPU as well, but I fall asleep whenever he talks about that.

    It's all good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 May 2017 #1504
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
    If one 1080 Ti can`t crush my 2 980 Ti`s, I may return it, but I really want to use just 1 card, for at least a month anyway
    After my previous build two 770's (2 GB each) in SLI and thus being a guy who counted on SLI game profiles actually being out there and scaling properly, I have given up on multi gpu. I am encouraged by the latest news, GOW 4, Sniper Elite 4, SGW3 recently having multi gpu support. I'm going to count on Blackrose feeding me advice on how multi GPU is working. If he says I'm getting 110FPS that might be a bad thing as he's running two 1080TI's. He will have to talk to me in scaling percentages.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 May 2017 #1505
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,174
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Well not being as rich as some of you guys...LoL I am only getting the
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 with 11GHz GDDR5X Memory Card, but its not available right now, so Evga will notify me when I can get this baby. Looks like near the end of this month, I am guessing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EvgaFTW2.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	499.1 KB 
ID:	134300

    At any rate this card should be a lot better than the one I got now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    10 May 2017 #1506
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,905
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by specialkone View Post
    No, I'm not going for a 1080TI (never say never). My focus is gaming. So being a 1080P gamer (at the moment) a move from a 1080 to a 1080TI makes no sense. It would make sense if I had a 970 . In time when I want 1440P and Nvidia comes out with other nice features like HFTS shadows to convince me it's time to upgrade, I'll think about it.

    I'm a PC hardware enthusiast. I want to hear low, medium, high end and how it performs. If all aren't posting what can I do? Maybe they will say let us get a word in . But I read and appreciate it all. Still waiting for CountMike and others to tell us about what they get. And he is right. What we at the high end are talking about now and how it performs, keep notes, because it will be fire sale stuff in no time.

    Same with the benchmark focused guys, Doorules, etc, guys who want and get the latest and fastest and know what to do with it. Love hearing about that stuff and their expertise. It's great seeing the 1080TI stuff (members) come into this thread and seeing how that hardware performs from guys we trust. Thank goodness for Solarstarshines, Worf, etc. Dude? Well maybe that ship has sailed but he still has informed us well about that 17 7700K. Perhaps his GPU as well, but I fall asleep whenever he talks about that.

    It's all good.
    Good post specialkone. I have been a member of many forums in the past and when I try and contribute to the subject matter most not all members seem to dismiss or just ignore other members. I am so happy to be part of this forum with great members. Members how will advice, recommend, explain, teach, correct and encourage others. Now that I have been listed above with some of the great' s I feel part of the international group. Cheers chaps
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    10 May 2017 #1507
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,707
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    For the most part, we have a bunch of good guys here who just love to compete and have fun. Some of us who have been around for a while used to do this on Sevenforums too. There are some really great threads there, trash talking and all. But, all in fun. Even back then, if we could help someone else beat us, we would all do it. Maybe with the exception of @paulpicks21, who started all of this. He hated to lose worse than anyone I know. But, that was good. It made it much more fun to beat him.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    10 May 2017 #1508

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Get a separate table for your coffee and donuts, you'll get more space.
    Hahahah yeah man they make Monitor stands so Big it takes the whole Desk my ROG monitors have notorious large stands that aren't needed
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    10 May 2017 #1509

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    For the most part, we have a bunch of good guys here who just love to compete and have fun. Some of us who have been around for a while used to do this on Sevenforums too. There are some really great threads there, trash talking and all. But, all in fun. Even back then, if we could help someone else beat us, we would all do it. Maybe with the exception of @paulpicks21, who started all of this. He hated to lose worse than anyone I know. But, that was good. It made it much more fun to beat him.
    Those were the good ole days Steve AMD had GPU's that ran like Stallions hopefully those days will be back
    I recall i was so Pro AMD and that was when they had Phenom and then FX

    I have to say though you guys convinced me to join the Darkside and have to say it felt Gooooooood !

    Thank you for all the years of showing us the way Obi Wan Kenobi
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    10 May 2017 #1510
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,174
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Intel Rules...always will ....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:35.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums