Page 148 of 355 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
  1.    09 May 2017 #1471
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Nice, Blackrose. You'll really like the 7700K. But, you need to get a 6950X to tame those bad boys. 2 TI's is a lot of power under the hood. I know you are happy. You have been waiting on this for a while, as I recall. Congratulations on the new hardware. You'll enjoy it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    09 May 2017 #1472
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,704
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Nice, Blackrose. You'll really like the 7700K. But, you need to get a 6950X to tame those bad boys. 2 TI's is a lot of power under the hood. I know you are happy. You have been waiting on this for a while, as I recall. Congratulations on the new hardware. You'll enjoy it.
    Thanks essenbe. I absolutely need a 6950X, but I'm gonna have to settle for a 7700K for now. Can't really justify replacing both mobo and CPU until Coffee Lake, at least.

    I am happy. I'll be even happier if the 7700K I get is a good overclocker.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 May 2017 #1473
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 1,551
    Windows 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    Thanks essenbe. I absolutely need a 6950X, but I'm gonna have to settle for a 7700K for now. Can't really justify replacing both mobo and CPU until Coffee Lake, at least.

    I am happy. I'll be even happier if the 7700K I get is a good overclocker.
    Congrats Blackrose. No doubt you are happy.

    Yes, listen to essenbe. Eventually you will need 10 cores or something similar the future holds to handle a pair of those bad boys!

    I think you are getting to 4K time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    09 May 2017 #1474
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    Thanks essenbe. I absolutely need a 6950X, but I'm gonna have to settle for a 7700K for now. Can't really justify replacing both mobo and CPU until Coffee Lake, at least.

    I am happy. I'll be even happier if the 7700K I get is a good overclocker.
    @blackroseMD1, you may want to wait another month before you do anything. See how this works out

    Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled at PC Gaming Show on 12th June – First X299 Motherboards Teased by AIBs

    Intel just went into full gear for the launch of their next-generation X299 platform. The new platform will be launched next month and it looks like Intel is going unveil the chips at a grand event on 12th June.

    The Intel X299 NDA will end on 12th June followed by market availability on 26th June. There’s also the Kaby Lake X and Skylake X processors which will be unveiled the same day, however, their availability is still planned for a later date.
    Source

    The article says Intel is saying the Kaby Lake i7-7740K will be the Fastest core i7 in the Kaby Lake family but looks like the same specs except a higher TDP. I can only assume it will have an improved IPC.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    09 May 2017 #1475
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Newfoundland
    Posts : 515
    win 10

    essenbe is bang on with his assessment. The way the gpu's are setup now they are very dynamic in how voltage and clocks move up and down. And it is ALL to do with temps of the gpu. As the gpu gets warmer it will downclock the core as it feels needed.

    Adding a water cooling of some type allows the user to minimize the amount of downclocking. It may or may not allow for a slightly higher core clock but that will basically come down to the individual gpu and how lucky you get.

    Bottom line with Pascal is that it responds very well to cooler temps but voltage is not your friend on this platform, more voltage without cooling is just more heat and therefore faster downclocking.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    09 May 2017 #1476
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    @doorules, the master has spoken. Thank you Sir. We need you around more often.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    09 May 2017 #1477
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by doorules View Post
    essenbe is bang on with his assessment. The way the gpu's are setup now they are very dynamic in how voltage and clocks move up and down. And it is ALL to do with temps of the gpu. As the gpu gets warmer it will downclock the core as it feels needed.

    Adding a water cooling of some type allows the user to minimize the amount of downclocking. It may or may not allow for a slightly higher core clock but that will basically come down to the individual gpu and how lucky you get.

    Bottom line with Pascal is that it responds very well to cooler temps but voltage is not your friend on this platform, more voltage without cooling is just more heat and therefore faster downclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    @doorules, the master has spoken. Thank you Sir. We need you around more often.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yes-sir-bow-down-smiley-emoticon.gif 
Views:	23 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	134211
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    09 May 2017 #1478
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,527
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    I just saw this article today, it might interest worf: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme 11 GB Review | techPowerUp
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    09 May 2017 #1479
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,704
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64

    Fortunately, heat doesn't seem to be an issue (so far). I've got a pretty aggressive fan curve set, and haven't hit more than 72c after hours of heavy gaming. I do plan on adding hybrid kits to both cards eventually, though, just because.

    For the bottleneck, most sites I've popped onto recommend a 6950X, so I guess I'm off to sell a kidney, and maybe my right arm, to break it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 May 2017 #1480
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,441
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
    Fortunately, heat doesn't seem to be an issue (so far). I've got a pretty aggressive fan curve set, and haven't hit more than 72c after hours of heavy gaming. I do plan on adding hybrid kits to both cards eventually, though, just because.

    For the bottleneck, most sites I've popped onto recommend a 6950X, so I guess I'm off to sell a kidney, and maybe my right arm, to break it.
    @blackroseMD1did you see this post 2017 Hardware Thread
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Windows 10 News
Happy 2017
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Chillout Room
Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Bitdefender 2017 Beta
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. You’ll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums