Windows 10: 2017 Hardware Thread

  1. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,359
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       03 May 2017 #1321

    It is a Monster for sure. 12.2" long (31 CM) and a triple slot card. Sounds like you should name it Nessie. I read the review on it. Sounds like a 'keeper' too. http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,429
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809)
       03 May 2017 #1322

    essenbe said: View Post
    It is a Monster for sure. 12.2" long (31 CM) and a triple slot card. Sounds like you should name it Nessie. I read the review on it. Sounds like a 'keeper' too. http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
    Thanks essenbe Check system spec
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,359
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       03 May 2017 #1323

    worf105 said: View Post
    Thanks essenbe Check system spec
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    03 May 2017 #1324

    essenbe said: View Post
    Did anyone notice in the Bjorn "Review" the screenshot of Precision? It is showing a max power target of 117%. Seriously? It looks like he also has K boost enabled.
    I don't know if he missed the 120 on the power target slider. K Boost is definitely enabled. I don't know if he enabled it to show the max clock at idle so he could take that screenshot or if he used K Boost through the benchmark.

    I have already discounted the performance side of this review as not having enough info and relatively useless. The Gamers Nexus review should be better from a performance perspective, and likely also with every review to follow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 May 2017 #1325

    worf105 said: View Post
    Well the Loch Ness ti has been found but no sign of the monster as of yet.
    Good news Worf. Whatever voodoo you are doing to get Nessie to you quicker, keep it up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,359
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       03 May 2017 #1326

    specialkone said: View Post
    I don't know if he missed the 120 on the power target slider. K Boost is definitely enabled. I don't know if he enabled it to show the max clock at idle so he could take that screenshot or if he used K Boost through the benchmark.

    I have already discounted the performance side of this review as not having enough info and relatively useless. The Gamers Nexus review should be better from a performance perspective, and likely also with every review to follow.
    I agree totally with your assessment of that review. I just wish a decent review would come out before mine ships. But, looking at the review of Worf's Zotac, it looks fairly similar in the overclocking part anyway. Guru3D at least does know how to overclock.
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    03 May 2017 #1327

    essenbe said: View Post
    I agree totally with your assessment of that review. I just wish a decent review would come out before mine ships. But, looking at the review of Worf's Zotac, it looks fairly similar in the overclocking part anyway. Guru3D at least does know how to overclock.
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html
    Yes, I agree Guru3D does know how to OC. And yes, notice this part from the Guru3D review. Perhaps the Ti's are already moved closer to their max OC potential by the more aggressive AIB's and their clocks out of the box.

    "Now +25 MHz on the core, you might feel that our sample is not the best overclocker on the GPU core right? But you need to revise that idea, ZOTAC already nearly maxed out the overclock for you by tweaking it so close to its maximum capability. More Voltage, 100% offset applied was stable. Once overclocked keep this in mind; due to the dynamic nature of the boost clock, your frequency is not fixed.

    So the card runs, give or take, 8% faster compared to reference. And once we tweak it manually it is roughly 13% faster compared to the reference card and thus 5% faster compared to the default clocks. This was with the TDP Power Limiter tweak maxed out. The increased TDP certainly did raise the performance a little overall (but not heaps)."
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,359
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       03 May 2017 #1328

    You may be right because the Zotac showed pretty much the same as the Bjorn review on the FTW 3. The Bjorn review showed 2075 MHz. From the Zotac review at Guru3D

    This card will not overclock much higher for the simple reason that Zotac pretty much went all the way for you, they defined a factory tweak and applied it. It is roughly your maximum with maybe ~25 MHz room left on that GPU base clock frequency. As such, at default this card hovers in that familiar ~2000 MHz range.
    So, it may just be the limitations Nvidia puts on the cards and AIB partners.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    03 May 2017 #1329

    essenbe said: View Post
    You may be right because the Zotac showed pretty much the same as the Bjorn review on the FTW 3. The Bjorn review showed 2075 MHz. From the Zotac review at Guru3D

    So, it may just be the limitations Nvidia puts on the cards and AIB partners.
    Way too early to tell, but yes that's what I'm thinking. Although I personally think a 10555 graphic score in Time Spy is spectacular, notice also Solarstarshines mentioned he struggles moving beyond that.

    I thought the EVGA cooling (15 degrees C cooler than FE) would make a difference. Hard to tell from whatever Bjorn3D is doing.

    Makes me think that if ever dudeTI got his hands on a TI he would be seeing lots of driver crashes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,359
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       03 May 2017 #1330

    I think Dude already sees a lot of crashes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-hdr-announced-at-ces-2017
Happy 2017 in Chillout Room
115478 We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, dedicated moderators and our admin team for all your continued support. We wish you all a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year! Best wishes Angie & John :party:...
Read more: Storage in 2017: Big improvements are on the way | ZDNet
The Demand for GPU's 2016-2017 in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hey guy's this post is to get information and thoughts about the current GPU market #1 I find it highly ridiculous the new GPU's released are so hard to get in retail it's making me wonder why it's so hard ? A: Are Vendors purposely messing...
Bitdefender 2017 Beta in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Bitdefender 2017 Beta is ready for feedback. Starting July28th you can use your great skills and join the bug hunt. Youll have the opportunity to test Bitdefender's new security products for Windows, Mac OS, and Android, as well as our improved...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02.
Find Us