Windows 10: ATX vs. Micro-ATX vs. Mini-ITX Solved

View Poll Results: Is mATX or mITX better for a compact gaming PC?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • mATX

    2 66.67%
  • mITX

    1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    17 Sep 2016 #1

    ATX vs. Micro-ATX vs. Mini-ITX


    Hello! To start off, I have read other threads about this (other forums), but they were not completely satisfactory. Anyway, I am thinking about trying to make a reasonably compact gaming PC and want to know if there are any downsides to going with mATX or mITX instead of ATX. Also, how much smaller than ATX is mATX? Do mITX motherboards generally work with PCI devices that take up two slots on the case? Is there any mITX case that would work with dual-fan liquid CPU cooling? To be sure, could you put in an i7 6700k? Unlikely I will go with this, but if I happen to, what about a 6950X? That is all I can think of.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    17 Sep 2016 #2

    evantig said: View Post
    Hello! To start off, I have read other threads about this (other forums), but they were not completely satisfactory. Anyway, I am thinking about trying to make a reasonably compact gaming PC and want to know if there are any downsides to going with mATX or mITX instead of ATX. Also, how much smaller than ATX is mATX? Do mITX motherboards generally work with PCI devices that take up two slots on the case? Is there any mITX case that would work with dual-fan liquid CPU cooling? To be sure, could you put in an i7 6700k? Unlikely I will go with this, but if I happen to, what about a 6950X? That is all I can think of.


    mATX because you can SLI or CrossFire for multiple monitors gaming.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    17 Sep 2016 #3

    I vote mATX with a mid-tower case so you have room for a 120mm fan for liquid cooling.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    17 Sep 2016 #4

    mITX if you want to build a gaming pc in a console size factor which is not bad and love to carry around to your LAN party.

    mITX = Tablet computer

    mATX = Laptop computer

    ATX = Desktop computer
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 Sep 2016 #5

    Thanks! I think that mATX will work for me. It has everything I currently use with full ATX boards and is small enough to work for my needs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 8,212
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       17 Sep 2016 #6

    RubberDucky said: View Post
    mITX if you want to build a gaming pc in a console size factor which is not bad and love to carry around to your LAN party.

    mITX = Tablet computer

    mATX = Laptop computer

    ATX = Desktop computer
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but this is what can be done with an mITX Motherboard, which is a far cry from a tablet computer. This one has an i7- 3770K and a GTX 770 in it. An mATX is a Desktop motherboard.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	906.4 KB 
ID:	101912
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 8,795
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       17 Sep 2016 #7

    Good stuff Steve
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    17 Sep 2016 #8

    essenbe said: View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but this is what can be done with an mITX Motherboard, which is a far cry from a tablet computer. This one has an i7- 3770K and a GTX 770 in it. An mATX is a Desktop motherboard.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	906.4 KB 
ID:	101912
    Those are my example of each motherboard sizes, and i got my info from my brain. I know what ATX, mATX, and mITX look like. No need for the picture.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,795
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       17 Sep 2016 #9

    His pic showed exactly what the op asked for. Your brain went rubber-ducky
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 Sep 2016 #10

    Dude said: View Post
    His pic showed exactly what the op asked for. Your brain went rubber-ducky
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Micro SD card recovery in Drivers and Hardware
Hello, Today I put my micro sd card inside a USB adapter, and plugged it to one of the USB ports. Then I transferred some files into it, and I accidentally moved it in the middle of the work, so that it disconnected. Now when I insert the...
micro sd formatting help in Drivers and Hardware
i have a 16GB micro sd card that used to work with windows 7, but ever since i switched to windows 10 it hasn't been. when i open up "This PC" the device icon shows up with the (:U) extension, it also does not list the storage capacity, when you...
'micro stutters' [cbs log included] in Performance & Maintenance
I've been getting micro stutters since installing windows 10, recently started becoming a little more frequent and longer I ran sfc and it said there were corrupted files but was unable to fix them.
Skylake Mini-ITX and Micro-ATX Build Log in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hi Guys, Hope it's fine to start a thread log about my next builds. As soon as I start to build them I will update the thread. My next two rigs are going to be an HTPC Mini-ATX (project Mini-Beast) for the living room hooked to an LG 70" 4K...
Trend Micro... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Think I'm going to give Trend Micro a try is it a good buy as I've never used it before it does look good and they say it works on all my devices which is great news.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49.
Find Us