Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Oct 2015 #91
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,410
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    @djask pretty impressive.
    And that with 2 disks and the same amount of peripherals as me, I just can't get that re-boot time, even when I do 2 reboots before I test, so that the FPR's(FilesPendingRename) get done first, so as not to slow the reboot test down.
    Hey Cliff is their a special command that you use to delete the FPR's ??? Thought I had it here, but seem to have lost it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    06 Oct 2015 #92
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Hey Cliff is their a special command that you use to delete the FPR's ??? Thought I had it here, but seem to have lost it.
    I just reboot and they get done.
    Then I start the Restart-Time program, if that's what you mean.
    Plus a restart/reboot closes(actually flushes from memory) all programs that you may have had open, plus changes to files & system files(like a windows update or an update for an app or other software that was in use when the update came through) that's the FilePendingRename's get done.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    06 Oct 2015 #93
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,410
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I just reboot and they get done.
    Then I start the Restart-Time program, if that's what you mean.
    Plus a restart/reboot closes(actually flushes from memory) all programs that you may have had open, plus changes to files & system files(like a windows update or an update for an app or other software that was in use when the update came through) that's the FilePendingRename's get done.
    Ok Cliff, I am talking about a different set of files in windows, my mistake. The Pending renames and pending deletes folders. Their made every time you run the sfc command. Their is a way to remove them, but the command for windows 10 to remove them don't work on my windows 7. Like I said, my mistake.
    To kinda stay on topic here.... My boot up time is always between 22 sec's and 24 sec's does not matter if its cold boot or restart boot. Really not fair to these folks cause this is a clean install of windows 10 pro, on my ssd drive, with very few programs at present installed on my ssd. Right now whole drive uses only about 21 gigs of space.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    06 Oct 2015 #94
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	41318
    My POST(the BIOS) time takes about 5 seconds alone plus I have 23 startup apps, so I'm not worried. and this being restart. When I just start the PC in the morning after POST I see the spinning dots for 1 second then my desktop.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    06 Oct 2015 #95
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ok Cliff, I am talking about a different set of files in windows, my mistake. The Pending renames and pending deletes folders. Their made every time you run the sfc command. Their is a way to remove them, but the command for windows 10 to remove them don't work on my windows 7. Like I said, my mistake.
    .
    I don't know about any such commands, but Windows only reserves so much space for logs and files then writes over them. So I wouldn't worry about them really.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    12 Oct 2015 #96
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    This is weird.
    My boot up time upped by 7 sec but the restart time went down by 7 sec (from 43 sec.)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Restart_36sec.PNG 
Views:	74 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	42421

    EDIT:
    Problem fixed with image restoration. Back to 10sec boot up. The latest Windows update could be the culprit but I have yet to verify it.
    Last edited by badrobot; 13 Oct 2015 at 06:10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 Oct 2015 #97
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 43
    (1&2) Windows 10 Pro (retail USB)

    New and fairly straightforward build with 6700k. Surprisingly slow.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RestartTime 20151014.PNG 
Views:	73 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	42714
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 Oct 2015 #98
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,612
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Submarine View Post
    New and fairly straightforward build with 6700k. Surprisingly slow.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RestartTime 20151014.PNG 
Views:	73 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	42714
    Welcome to Ten Forums @Submarine!

    Check your startup settings. You may have a lot of stuffs dragging you down from there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    14 Oct 2015 #99
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 43
    (1&2) Windows 10 Pro (retail USB)

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Welcome to Ten Forums @Submarine!

    Check your startup settings. You may have a lot of stuffs dragging you down from there.
    Thanks. Could very well be. Coming directly from W7 and there is a lot of stuff to streamline.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    14 Oct 2015 #100
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 43
    (1&2) Windows 10 Pro (retail USB)

    Turned on Fast Boot. Did nothing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
General Tips Restart Computer in Windows 10
How to Restart the Computer in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and restart (reboot) Windows on your PC. This tutorial will show you different ways on how to restart your local Windows 10 PC. CONTENTS: Option...
Tutorials
Customization Restart Explorer Context Menu - Add in Windows 10
How to Add 'Restart Explorer' to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 The explorer.exe process is the user shell for Windows, and is used by such items as the desktop, File Explorer, Start menu, and taskbar. Restarting the explorer.exe process is...
Tutorials
General Tips Restart explorer.exe Process in Windows 10
How to Restart explorer.exe Process in Windows 10 The explorer.exe process is the user shell for Windows, and is used by such items as the desktop, File Explorer, Start menu, and taskbar. Restarting the explorer.exe process is to stop and start...
Tutorials
Solved shortcut close down and restart windows
in windows 7 and 8 I could place a shortcut on my desktop to either closedown or restart my PC which I found on the Windows 8 site. will this still work on windows 10?
General Support
My Windows is Taking Automatically Restart, Need Help.
Yes, I'm too boring about my PC. It is too much disturbing that when I want to open it then sometimes it is going to restart by it's self and times after restart, Automatically it gives me the permission to use him :(. What should I do, Now?
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums