Do Z Boards Take Long Time to Boot?


  1. Posts : 82
    10
       #1

    Do Z Boards Take Long Time to Boot?


    Do all Z boards used for OCing take a long time to boot up?

    I ask this cuz I want to get the Asus Z170-E. But I've read complaints that it takes a long time to boot up Win 10. Below is a link from Newegg. Is there a fix to this?

    http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?it...82E16813132691
      My Computer

  2. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 1,337
    Windows 10
       #2

    Mine boots fast but when you restart that is the time consumer for some reason these boards lag maybe because of DDR4

    Addram another member from here had the same issue he thought it was XMP but it did the same i am thinking these boards don't run fast unless you install a M2 probably and it will change the boot speed but to my Knowledge friend it has given many a headache
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 82
    10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    solarstarshines said:
    Mine boots fast but when you restart that is the time consumer for some reason these boards lag maybe because of DDR4

    Addram another member from here had the same issue he thought it was XMP but it did the same i am thinking these boards don't run fast unless you install a M2 probably and it will change the boot speed but to my Knowledge friend it has given many a headache
    So you're saying that a Z board has given you headaches?
      My Computer

  4. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 1,337
    Windows 10
       #4

    xlook said:
    So you're saying that a Z board has given you headaches?
    My first board gave me a headache because of legacy USB 3.0 and that was a Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 Board it looked awesome as hell but that freaking no support for usb 2.0 killed me and then i took it back after install and ect to make good with a Asrock Fatality K6 and it has served my needs plenty and has not given me headaches yet
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 82
    10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    solarstarshines said:
    i took it back after install and ect to make good with a Asrock Fatality K6 and it has served my needs plenty and has not given me headaches yet
    So the Asrock mobo boots fast except when you restart it. Strange.

    I think I'll just buy a non K board. I read that K mobos don't help with gaming anyway since the main component responsible for game visual processing is the GPU, not the CPU.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums