Page 45 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Feb 2017 #441
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    12 Feb 2017 #442
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    12 Feb 2017 #443
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    New Jersey
    Posts : 231
    Windows 10 Home

    DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!


    LMAO nice run!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Feb 2017 #444
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,673
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Something I have noticed about overclocking:
    After using my latest OC of CPU Freq @4.925FGHz and Ring Ratio @4.623GHz, RAM @3.015GHz, for a week or so, ALL my benchmark scores have had a pretty big drop.
    For example, when I first applied the above, I got a 7516, I just ran it, to test the OC's stability(Using the Benchmark profile, that turns off C-State and EIST, but leaves Turbo Boost on, which is needed to receive a CPU score in Performance test, otherwise it will run but not give a score), this time I only received this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	849.4 KB 
ID:	120905

    I'm beginning to believe, that an OC will settle in after a while, and Windows makes adjustments, like when WinSAT formal is run, no matter what you set your power option to, for a more stable system. Or maybe my BIOS does it to.

    Oh well, for now I have reached the maximum stable OC for my CPU running on heatsink fans, sooooo...
    I guess I'll run it in 24/7 mode(EIST on, C-State Auto, CPU Mode set back to Dynamic, and Vcore set to adaptive) run it another week, then see if I can drop the voltage a little. Maybe I can use this "settling in" to my advantage

    I'd be curious on any feedback from you long time overclockers, if you have ever noticed a "settling in".
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    12 Feb 2017 #445
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
    DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!



    LMAO nice run!
    Thanks N00berG00ber, still trying for the 7k
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    12 Feb 2017 #446
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 228
    8.1 / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Something I have noticed about overclocking:
    After using my latest OC of CPU Freq @4.925FGHz and Ring Ratio @4.623GHz, RAM @3.015GHz, for a week or so, ALL my benchmark scores have had a pretty big drop.
    For example, when I first applied the above, I got a 7516, I just ran it, to test the OC's stability(Using the Benchmark profile, that turns off C-State and EIST, but leaves Turbo Boost on, which is needed to receive a CPU score in Performance test, otherwise it will run but not give a score), this time I only received this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	849.4 KB 
ID:	120905

    I'm beginning to believe, that an OC will settle in after a while, and Windows makes adjustments, like when WinSAT formal is run, no matter what you set your power option to, for a more stable system. Or maybe my BIOS does it to.

    Oh well, for now I have reached the maximum stable OC for my CPU running on heatsink fans, sooooo...
    I guess I'll run it in 24/7 mode(EIST on, C-State Auto, CPU Mode set back to Dynamic, and Vcore set to adaptive) run it another week, then see if I can drop the voltage a little. Maybe I can use this "settling in" to my advantage

    I'd be curious on any feedback from you long time overclockers, if you have ever noticed a "settling in".
    On a CPU? No. Memory can be "trained"....to some extent.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Feb 2017 #447
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,673
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Thanks N00berG00ber, still trying for the 7k
    What are your BIOS settings for CPU, Ring(CPU Cache) Ratio, and RAM?
    DX12 only uses the CPU, doesn't it?
    Try setting your GPU to defaults, so the CPU doesn't need to use more resources than necessary, with the PCIe, also turn off any system tray stuff running in the background.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    12 Feb 2017 #448
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 17,673
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellinious View Post
    On a CPU? No. Memory can be "trained"....to some extent.
    Then it's just weird that all my benchmarks are a good piece lower after a week.That with the memory I know about, as I have Memory Fast Boot switched to Auto
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	387.2 KB 
ID:	120912
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    12 Feb 2017 #449
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Fife
    Posts : 1,876
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by worf105 View Post
    Thanks N00berG00ber, still trying for the 7k
    Giving it up for today as 3DMark is being a wee turd.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    12 Feb 2017 #450
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 228
    8.1 / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Then it's just weird that all my benchmarks are a good piece lower after a week.That with the memory I know about, as I have Memory Fast Boot switched to Auto
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	387.2 KB 
ID:	120912
    Lower could be due to some degradation. Running hot doesn't do electronics any good at all. I wouldn't think the voltage in that screenshot would be an issue, but.....the CPU temp it has up above would trouble me greatly, if I was seeing that while in the bios.

    The Timespy CPU test is helped out quite a bit by uncore and memory overclocking.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 45 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Passmark Performance Test Benchmark
This benchmark tests every part of your PC. Post your results here. Download - PassMark PerformanceTest - PC benchmark software The free version works just fine.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Another benchmark
Just for laughs :P I got nuclear submarine :chuckle: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/796267
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Data Recovery using DRPs on test folders within test partitions
Data Recovery using DRPs on test folders within test partitions ** Because of Windows OS and 3rd party programs and utilities constant cycle of deleting, copying, writing, deleting, copying, writing... The sooner, one learns of any unwanted...
Performance & Maintenance
DirectX 11.2 overwrote DirectX 12
Hello everybody ! I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and got DirectX12 , but when i tried to install a game it automatically overwrote it with 11.2 . Because dx12 is exclusively for windows 10 I can't find anywhere an installer or...
Software and Apps
How to test your PC's DirectX 12 performance today
Source A Guy
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums