Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Nov 2015 #41
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,207
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    4.8GHZ and keep the temp under 30 is good enough for me for 24/7 use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-11-01_9-12-34.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	395.4 KB 
ID:	45877
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Nov 2015 #42
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,661
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    4.8GHZ and keep the temp under 30 is good enough for me for 24/7 use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-11-01_9-12-34.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	395.4 KB 
ID:	45877
    Nice! You are on water right? Do you think this is possible with my V8 GTS air cooler?
    What is the maximum safe voltage for 4790K on air?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    01 Nov 2015 #43
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,207
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    Nice! You are on water right? Do you think this is possible with my V8 GTS air cooler?
    What is the maximum safe voltage for 4790K on air?
    I don't own a V8 GTS so it is hard to compare but based on the positive review, it is a great alternative to H20 cooling however it is very very large and in some case, it makes a slot adjacent to it unavailable for use.
    Depending on the batch where they have the chips made, some perform better than others so it is hard to tell what is the safe voltage and it does not really matter if you're on Air or H20, as long as you monitor the temp within range and adjust accordingly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    01 Nov 2015 #44
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,661
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    I don't own a V8 GTS so it is hard to compare but based on the positive review, it is a great alternative to H20 cooling however it is very very large and in some case, it makes a slot adjacent to it unavailable for use.
    Depending on the batch where they have the chips made, some perform better than others so it is hard to tell what is the safe voltage and it does not really matter if you're on Air or H20, as long as you monitor the temp within range and adjust accordingly.
    I didn't have any issues with it (the V8 GTS) with regards to size. Both the GPU and the RAMs I chose fit perfectly beside it with some room to spare.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151016_20_06_16_Pro[1].jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	45907

    I just wanna try OCing the 4790K a notch above 4.7 to see if I can get better score than 12181 on Firestrike. The CPU seems to be bottlenecking the R9 390 at 4.7Ghz. I don't intend to use it 24/7 at 4.8.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FS_2181.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	45908

    BTW, did you get your SM951 SSD to perform at maximum speed? Did you use a PCIe adapter? Your mobo doesn't seem to have native support for M.2 Ultra Gen3 x4.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Nov 2015 #45
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,207
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    I didn't have any issues with it (the V8 GTS) with regards to size. Both the GPU and the RAMs I chose fit perfectly beside it with some room to spare.
    Depend on the MB manufacturer. Some has the PCIe 1X slot so close to the CPU then you won't be able to use it.
    BTW, did you get your SM951 SSD to perform at maximum speed? Did you use a PCIe adapter? Your mobo doesn't seem to have native support for M.2 Ultra Gen3 x4.
    Yep, I use the PCIe 4 lane adapter.
    Amazon.com: Lycom DT-120 M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter (Support M.2 PCIe 2280, 2260, 2242): Computers Accessories
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Nov 2015 #46

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Patrick, you can do better than that. I know you! But, I think 4.6 is the 'sweet spot' for those.
    Haha, yeah I can But the only real increase from a daily higher clock was heat without any noticeable real world performance for what I use my PC for.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Nov 2015 #47
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 31
    Windows 10 PRO X64

    Kamikaze 3D benching clock...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4930K.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	45967
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Nov 2015 #48
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 17,207
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Hi folks.

    I posted a list on the first post of the thread listing the top overclockers. (If you know of a better name for it, please.. let me know. )

    BTW, I couldn't find neomatters frequency. Perhaps someone else knows where to look. Also, @essenbe and @Dude, would you rather your top "old" overclock speeds be listed or your everyday speeds?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Nov 2015 #49
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,736
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    Nice job @Chuck38. I believe Neomatter's frequency was 4100.5. As for mine, you can leave like it is, as far as I'm concerned. @Dude may have different rules though. Whatever Doug says is fine with me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    04 Nov 2015 #50
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 11,034
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck38 View Post
    Hi folks.

    I posted a list on the first post of the thread listing the top overclockers. (If you know of a better name for it, please.. let me know. )

    BTW, I couldn't find neomatters frequency. Perhaps someone else knows where to look. Also, @essenbe and @Dude, would you rather your top "old" overclock speeds be listed or your everyday speeds?
    @Chuck38 we have a leaderboard over at seven forums
    Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2] - Windows 7 Help Forums

    If you would like, I can add one to the boards here as we have leaderboards here too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums