1.    29 Jun 2016 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    windows 10

    Request Overclock Assistance, Aspire E-17 ES1-711-P1UV


    simply put it i cant find any program that can Overclock this processor for me...and bios isnt fully unlocked.
    intel pentium quad core n3540 at 2.16ghz it says it can be OC to 2.66ghz

    even the intel oc tool doesnt support it for some reason
    any ideas i can try?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Jun 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,986
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoonie View Post
    simply put it i cant find any program that can Overclock this processor for me...and bios isnt fully unlocked.
    intel pentium quad core n3540 at 2.16ghz it says it can be OC to 2.66ghz

    even the intel oc tool doesnt support it for some reason
    any ideas i can try?
    It could be simply that ACER won't support overclocking with that model Notebook/Laptop. That's a limitation one has to live with when support for doing what it was not designed for is lacking. There's several things involved with overclocking and any one or two of them, when improperly used, can result in a useless machine. I know you didn't want to here that but may have to accept it or shop for and buy a better make/model. Desktops are usually easier to overclock as one can improve on things like faster memory and better cooling.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Jun 2016 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    It could be simply that ACER won't support overclocking with that model Notebook/Laptop. That's a limitation one has to live with when support for doing what it was not designed for is lacking. There's several things involved with overclocking and any one or two of them, when improperly used, can result in a useless machine. I know you didn't want to here that but may have to accept it or shop for and buy a better make/model. Desktops are usually easier to overclock as one can improve on things like faster memory and better cooling.
    I see, its fine i have a thing for taking everything to its best lol, even like outdated pcs but thanks for reply just didnt think that since on the laptop sticker tells me it can be OC'ed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Jun 2016 #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoonie View Post
    simply put it i cant find any program that can Overclock this processor for me...and bios isnt fully unlocked.
    intel pentium quad core n3540 at 2.16ghz it says it can be OC to 2.66ghz

    even the intel oc tool doesnt support it for some reason
    any ideas i can try?
    Laptops aren't made to be Overclocked Bro you are looking at frying your Lappy to gain zero in the grand scheme of things

    Unless you have water cooling going through that Laptop you shouldn't even consider this
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Jun 2016 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by solarstarshines View Post
    Laptops aren't made to be Overclocked Bro you are looking at frying your Lappy to gain zero in the grand scheme of things

    Unless you have water cooling going through that Laptop you shouldn't even consider this
    Haha yeah im aware.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 Jun 2016 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 88
    Windows 10 pro 64bit

    http://ark.intel.com/products/82105/Intel-Pentium-Processor-N3540-2M-Cache-up-to-2_66-GHz


    2.66Ghz is the Burst frequency (ie core boost on high load) not an OC.
    To keep it simple; the true speed of the CPU is the lowest speed advertised (2.16). The CPU will automatically burst up to 2.66GHz to maintain a smooth performance on demanding software (mostly games), as long as CPU heat and power are within spec. It gives the ability of a low end CPU to maintain a smooth performance level on demanding software. The CPU itself detects when the demand is needed and will kick it in. Again, it only lasts a few seconds and you will not really notice it when it does.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    30 Jun 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,718
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    As has already been stated here, overclocking a laptop is pretty much suicide. They tend to run very hot under normal circumstances. In addition to that, Acer has locked down the BIOS so you don't have access to the adjustments needed to overclock it. So, the answer is you shouldn't and you can't.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    30 Jun 2016 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Oh my man thats all i needed to know xD ty
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 misreading CPU overclock
This isn't a big deal at all, but I noticed in the main System screen that lists Windows edition and hardware etc, it lists my cpu @ 4.2 GHz, when it is actually OCed at 4.620 GHz. It is figuring the multiplier, but not the increase in FSB. I...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Post your overclock!
Here you can Post your Overclocks and Benchmark results! I use an AMD FX-6300 and I was testing the MSI OC Genie on my mobo. Here's the results via CPU-Z. 17225 Nothin amazing. :rolleyes: Top Overclockers
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Freezes during booting, but only one per-day max - assistance request
Hi, I recently accepted the free upgrade to Win10 (from Win7). For the most part the upgrade went smoothly and the system works as it should HOWEVER usually on the first bootup of the day, the booting process will freeze on the blue Windows...
General Support
Assistance Request after upgrade to Windows 10
Hello everyone, First post here and hoping someone may be able to help. There may possibly be an answer to this problem already but after spending over hour and half trying I have been unable to find it so if there is I apologise for...
Network and Sharing
Solved How do I overclock
Hi folks, I've always wanted to know how to overclock, but everything online looked so complicated and different from my mobo. So here are some photos of what the OC section in my BIOS looks like. What should I change to get the most out of...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:32.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums