Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 86
    10
       24 Apr 2016 #1

    Need Your Opinion on My Gaming PC


    I'm planning to buy parts for a gaming desktop to be as low budget as I can. Below is a link to my build. I need your opinions as to what parts I can swap out to reduce costs further. Let me know. Appreciate it.

    Intel Core i5-6600K, MSI GeForce GTX 970, Cooler Master HAF 912 USB3.0 - My Custom Build - xlooks Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Posts : 1,245
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       25 Apr 2016 #2

    I think the most obvious thing to change out would be the SSD for a regular HDD. That could save you a little money.

    Also, if you're not married to Skylake, you could always get a Broadwell CPU and motherboard. Both would likely save you a little money. If you do want to stick to Skylake and don't plan on overclocking, you could swap out the 6600K CPU for either a regular 6600 (non-K) or an i5-6500.

    Another option would be to look at a different GPU, like a GTX 960 or an AMD R9 380 (or 390, if you can find one a bit cheaper than that 970 you have listed). Of course, that would directly effect your framerates, so if you're trying to get the highest FPS possible, this would be the option to skip.

    As it stands, though, I'd say that's a pretty good build for the price.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 86
    10
       29 Apr 2016 #3

    blackroseMD1 said: View Post
    I

    Another option would be to look at a different GPU, like a GTX 960 or an AMD R9 380 (or 390, if you can find one a bit cheaper than that 970 you have listed). Of course, that would directly effect your framerates, so if you're trying to get the highest FPS possible, this would be the option to skip.

    As it stands, though, I'd say that's a pretty good build for the price.
    Hey blackrose.. appreciate the reply. As for the video card, I don't plan to play games over 60 fps. That being said, do you still suggest I get the 960? If so how future proof is it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 86
    10
       29 Apr 2016 #4

    Which of these Motherboards is Future Proof?


    I need to buy a mobo for my gaming desktop. I got 2 mobos to choose from. One mobo has 2 ram slots which hold a total of 32GB ram. The 2nd mobo has 4 eam slots and holds a max of 64GB ram. Which of these is more future proof?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    30 Apr 2016 #5

    Nothing that seems like a decent set up you chose , if you can afford it why downgrade to save money? an SSD is a must once you tried it you'll never go back I would suggest a large mechanical drive too for storage and some games . If your not a gamer then yes you can save a lot on differant parts
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2016
    Posts : 86
    10
       30 Apr 2016 #6

    Archie123 said: View Post
    Nothing that seems like a decent set up you chose , if you can afford it why downgrade to save money? an SSD is a must once you tried it you'll never go back I would suggest a large mechanical drive too for storage and some games . If your not a gamer then yes you can save a lot on differant parts
    I don't understand your statement. I'm asking in my previous post about which of the 2 mobos I should get.

    Btw, one of those mobos has a max ram of 2133. Is this future proof?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    30 Apr 2016 #7

    ruzzi said: View Post
    I'm planning to buy parts for a gaming desktop to be as low budget as I can. Below is a link to my build. I need your opinions as to what parts I can swap out to reduce costs further. Let me know. Appreciate it.

    Intel Core i5-6600K, MSI GeForce GTX 970, Cooler Master HAF 912 USB3.0 - My Custom Build - xlooks Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
    Well you can see why I thought you were asking about your full system build 😅
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    02 May 2016 #8

    ruzzi said: View Post
    I don't understand your statement. I'm asking in my previous post about which of the 2 mobos I should get.

    Btw, one of those mobos has a max ram of 2133. Is this future proof?

    Nothing is Future proof if i were you i would hang on just for about another month in a half the prices for a lot of things will drop

    Also why not go with Generation 4 or 5 Devils Canyon and save some money 4790 is still a banger of a chip if you want a powerful build for cheap look into 4th or 5th generation combo sets there is minimal difference between the 6th generation and the other two very minor
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,586
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       02 May 2016 #9

    ruzzi said: View Post
    Btw, one of those mobos has a max ram of 2133. Is this future proof?
    I've never seen a motherboard support an odd number of RAM, always been a multiple of 1024 such as 2048MB/2GB or 2 time 2048 for 4096MB/4GB, etc. Or in other words 1GB, 2GB, 3GB, 4GB, 6GB, 8GB, 12GB, 16GB, etc. It's the total of what the slots on the board accommodate versus what is actually plugged in.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : May 2015
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts : 127
    Win 10 Pro 64
       02 May 2016 #10

    I believe he is talking about the speed of the RAM......as 2133mhz
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
My opinion of Windows 10
First off I do I like the startup speed improvement of Windows 10 over Windows 8.1 (which was pretty fast itself) and I think Win 10 is generally a smooth operating system with what works. I also think the start menu in Win 10 is much improved...
General Support
Solved My experience and opinion with Windows 10
I am an old man not quite senile and still with most of my common sense and thinking ability. I even have gained experience computing over the years. However, nothing prepared me for the frustration and angst I had installing Windows 10. It...
Installation and Setup
BSOD when gaming and not gaming
BSOD persists after fresh install of Windows 10 from windows 8.1, happens when playing heroes of the storm quite often but has happened while browsing pinterest/facebook.
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Opinion: The 10240 version of Solitaire is not very impressive
In the earlier Windows 10 builds, there were things I didn't like about the new Solitaire, but I have to say the RTM version doesn't impress me much for being an inbox app for Windows 10. 1. Really don't like that it now has general ads. That's...
Gaming
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums