Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 15,366
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       07 Mar 2015 #1

    Is water cooling quieter?


    Hi folks,

    My PC is rather loud, I have 1 fan in the front of my case and 1 in the rear. I also have a CPU fan and my GPU has two fans on it.

    All in in all its kinda loud. I was wondering, would it be any quieter if I tried water cooling?

    Thanks for any info!

    -Chuck
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       07 Mar 2015 #2

    First from what I recall it's not water in the cooler it's a chemical. Second.. it should be quieter but I would only go that route for the cooling for overclocking purposes. Liquid cooling vs. traditional cooling: What you need to know | PCWorld
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 7,543
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       07 Mar 2015 #3

    Yes it is. Also the type of fans you use can make it less noisy.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       07 Mar 2015 #4

    Dude said: View Post
    Yes it is. Also the type of fans you use can make it less noisy.
    +100000 It's all a combination of factors that make a PC loud/noisy. Mine is very quiet but it does make some noise.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 7,543
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       07 Mar 2015 #5

    You could also add sound insulation to help make it more quiet Chuck.

    http://www.quietpcusa.com/Acoustic-Insulation.aspx
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 15,366
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       07 Mar 2015 #6

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    First from what I recall it's not water in the cooler it's a chemical. Second.. it should be quieter but I would only go that route for the cooling for overclocking purposes. Liquid cooling vs. traditional cooling: What you need to know | PCWorld
    Yes, I know it's not water. That's just the name I've heard in the past.

    Thanks for the article, Jeff. Would a self-contained liquid cooler cut the sound down?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       07 Mar 2015 #7

    Dude said: View Post
    You could also add sound insulation to help make it more quiet Chuck.

    http://www.quietpcusa.com/Acoustic-Insulation.aspx
    Thanks for the information and link Dude.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 15,366
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       07 Mar 2015 #8

    Dude said: View Post
    You could also add sound insulation to help make it more quiet Chuck.

    http://www.quietpcusa.com/Acoustic-Insulation.aspx
    Interesting. How does one install that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       07 Mar 2015 #9

    Chuck38 said: View Post
    Interesting. How does one install that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 15,366
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       07 Mar 2015 #10

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Wow! That doesn't look very hard.

    Thanks for the video, Jeff.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Watch Bill Gates drink water that used to be human poop
Source: Watch Bill Gates drink water that used to be human poop | The Verge Not a bad idea.. what do y'all think? :huh:
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:16.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums