Windows 10: My Next Planned Rig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    06 Mar 2016 #1

    My Next Planned Rig


    As stated in the title, this is what I am planning on building once I have the cash on hand! Note that there is no graphics card included in this build as I would use my current GTX 750 until Nvidia releases their pascal cards, and I have a 1 TB HDD that I would also throw into this beast
    My Next Planned Rig
    Drop me an opinion and any changes you might recommend
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 Mar 2016 #2

    That 750 will be badly under used until you change it.
    Unless you plan on 3 or 4 GPUs, 1200W is waste of money. 750W would be plenty for any solitary or even 2 GPUs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Mar 2016 #3

    Yea I planned on the 1200 to leave plenty of room for upgrades :P That and I always like to go big when I build, a nice PSU running under half load lasts a lot longer than one running under almost full
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Mar 2016 #4

    Carsomyr said: View Post
    Yea I planned on the 1200 to leave plenty of room for upgrades :P That and I always like to go big when I build, a nice PSU running under half load lasts a lot longer than one running under almost full
    But efficiency rating doesn't kick in unless certain power level is reached.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    07 Mar 2016 #5

    Well i'll take it into consideration but I don't really think it matters too much :P The same power supply comes in a 1050w and 850w version, maybe ill go a little lower if the price is right
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    07 Mar 2016 #6

    Carsomyr said: View Post
    Well i'll take it into consideration but I don't really think it matters too much :P The same power supply comes in a 1050w and 850w version, maybe ill go a little lower if the price is right
    May be you should look at better make, like Seasonic PSU, of less power for about same price as that one 1200W.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    07 Mar 2016 #7

    I looked up a tier ranking of PSUs, and decided on this one: Seasonic Platinum-1000 What do you think? Saves me about 40 bucks too
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Mar 2016 #8

    Seasonic is one of the best PSU makers but they also supply innards to other manufacturers. Here's a list of who uses whose parts inside: http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    07 Mar 2016 #9

    CountMike said: View Post
    Seasonic is one of the best PSU makers but they also supply innards to other manufacturers. Here's a list of who uses whose parts inside: http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers
    Yea I saw that when I looked up the tier list, almost all other brands use seasonic in their high end PSU's, so good call on your part sir Any bones to pick other than the PSU?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    07 Mar 2016 #10

    The case looks nice but pretty impractical. No flat top surface and where the heck did they stick front ports for USB and audio, hope they are not behind closed doors. Also pretty cramped for a full size ATX MB. I couldn't justify that price for it.
    Looks like you are all set for nice OC and cooling could be crucial. Might have a problem with long GPUs in it too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.
Find Us