Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    22 Feb 2016 #11

    blackroseMD1 said: View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed that in my research too. Maybe I'll look at a Gigabyte board instead. Haven't had any issues with my current AM3+ board.
    been looking at this , has some good info on memory overclocking

    ROG Overclocking Guide Core For 5960X, 5930K 5280K - Republic of Gamers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,760
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       22 Feb 2016 #12

    Archie123 said: View Post
    Ive been having issues with my mobo running my ram at its xmp speeds it wont boot at 2600 only 2400 , while doing my research i came across dozens having issues with the maximus board and rated ram speeds i think its a lottery , problem is running ast xmp speeds is considered an overclock by the manufacturers so they wont help :/
    Archie, if you are talking about your X99 system, it is because everything 2600 or more set the divider at 125 instead of the stock 100. That means everything has to be reset to accommodate the higher bus speed. I did it with mine, but it just requires a lot of voltage and multiplier alterations. I just decided to leave my ram at 2400, and it is fine. Other than benchmarks, you won't notice any difference.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,760
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       22 Feb 2016 #13

    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/800400 I guess it doesn't like mine too much either. 71% health. Go figure.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,005
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       22 Feb 2016 #14
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    23 Feb 2016 #15

    essenbe said: View Post
    Archie, if you are talking about your X99 system, it is because everything 2600 or more set the divider at 125 instead of the stock 100. That means everything has to be reset to accommodate the higher bus speed. I did it with mine, but it just requires a lot of voltage and multiplier alterations. I just decided to leave my ram at 2400, and it is fine. Other than benchmarks, you won't notice any difference.
    Yes I've overclocked my cpu manually including my ram (I read that disabling xmp and doing yourself with a slight voltage tweak would sort it but nothing worked) even running cpu at stock and backing everything else still no dice. I realise in real terms the 200mhz won't make any differance but that's not the point
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    23 Feb 2016 #16

    essenbe said: View Post
    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/800400 I guess it doesn't like mine too much either. 71% health. Go figure.
    Yeah I don't understand that health bit??? Ha ha
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2016
    Posts : 168
    8.1 / 10
       23 Feb 2016 #17

    It disregarded my RAID drives and gave me a poor pc health score....lulz

    My SSD is hurtin...has been for a year. Time to get an M.2 Samsung 950.

    The GPU score. lulz


    http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/804707
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 6,760
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       23 Feb 2016 #18

    Archie123 said: View Post
    Yes I've overclocked my cpu manually including my ram (I read that disabling xmp and doing yourself with a slight voltage tweak would sort it but nothing worked) even running cpu at stock and backing everything else still no dice. I realise in real terms the 200mhz won't make any differance but that's not the point
    @Archie123 Have you tried setting the ram to XMP and setting the boost clock to 28, maybe increase the ram voltage from 1.5 to 1.55? I can't recall all of what I did, but I think I increased the SA slightly too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2015
    Dartmouth
    Posts : 23
    Win10 Pro x64
       24 Feb 2016 #19
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    24 Feb 2016 #20

    essenbe said: View Post
    @Archie123 Have you tried setting the ram to XMP and setting the boost clock to 28, maybe increase the ram voltage from 1.5 to 1.55? I can't recall all of what I did, but I think I increased the SA slightly too.
    yeah i tried upping the voltage but not to 1.55 i went to 1.3 then gave up i dont want to push it too far my knowlage of overclocking these systems is lacking ive had a five year pc gap lost in console land im out of practice
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Valley Benchmark
Valley | UNIGINE: real-time 3D engine Run at the preset as shown here 29503 Leaderboard...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Heaven Benchmark
http://unigine.com/en/products/benchmarks/heaven Run it at the Extreme Preset as shown here 29363 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXv8A0-_KU Leaderboard
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Sanctuary Benchmark
Unigine Sanctuary Benchmark 2.3 Download - TechSpot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azKNaRD221M Leaderboard ...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
First Benchmark
There will soon be a flood of these, I would imagine. This is an amateur effort, using an intensive game. It does pretty much agree with what I have already tested with windows 8.1 though. Take it or leave it. As the author says, It is early days. ...
General Support
Browser Benchmark
Browser Benchmark Testing Please advise if you would like me to test other browsers Information: Test Setup:
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums