SSD with standard drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 1,327
    10 Pro retail 1909
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Unless mistaken, it is subtle. Only when you get to install do you see trial/free and are allowed 30 days. I have not found a site where it is free although it days it is.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,790
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #12

    maranna said:
    Unless mistaken, it is subtle. Only when you get to install do you see trial/free and are allowed 30 days. I have not found a site where it is free although it days it is.
    Here's the direct links:
    Macrium Free Direct Download X64

    Macrium Free Direct Download X86
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,327
    10 Pro retail 1909
    Thread Starter
       #13

    I made a very big mistake. Thank you for this link I wish I had found before I messed up.
    I really appreciate your help. For future re installation purposes, where do I find this link - is it the one @ Macrium?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,790
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #14

    maranna said:
    I made a very big mistake. Thank you for this link I wish I had found before I messed up.
    I really appreciate your help. For future re installation purposes, where do I find this link - is it the one @ Macrium?
    You are using Chrome. Just bookmark them and yes, they are from Macrium.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,327
    10 Pro retail 1909
    Thread Starter
       #15

    I can't thank you enough.
    I just bookmarked this page to find it again; that is what you meant, I believe.
      My Computer


  6. whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #16

    Next time do not Google 'Macrium' but search for 'Free Macrium'. Then you get e.g. this:

    Download Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - MajorGeeks
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,327
    10 Pro retail 1909
    Thread Starter
       #17

    I just bookmarked the page as a reminder. Thanx a lot.

    I wish I could use redeploy with the free Macrium then I could I use my Tech-Bench WIM ISO of windows to install in my new PC -or could I without it?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,790
    Linux Mint 20.1 Win10Prox64
       #18

    maranna said:
    I just bookmarked the page as a reminder. Thanx a lot.

    I wish I could use redeploy with the free Macrium then I could I use my Tech-Bench WIM ISO of windows to install in my new PC -or could I without it?
    Windows 8/10 are very forgiving. Take the Windows HD/SSD from one PC to another then boot up with wired internet, you'll be presented with a message: Getting your devices ready...
    However, you'll need to re-activate with a new product key.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,327
    10 Pro retail 1909
    Thread Starter
       #19

    I upgrade from 7 >8>8.1>10. Then I burned the ISO at Tech Bench to get Wim. I never had a key and the server id'd the PC.

    I wish I could use the external image of 10 to recover to the new PC with Macrium without re-deploy?

    Likely no way around getting a new Win 10 disc/key.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums