CPU upgrade no post

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 62
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #41

    Motherboard P8H61-M PRO

    Strange I had just switched off and took a snapshot to post, however it won't let me post an image? But I can assure you what I am seeing is Bios Version: 0704
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 23,163
    Win 10 Home ♦♦♦19045.4291 (x64) [22H2]
       #42

    Trebor58 said:
    Motherboard P8H61-M PRO

    Strange I had just switched off and took a snapshot to post, however it won't let me post an image? But I can assure you what I am seeing is Bios Version: 0704


    Download the PDF motherboard manual for your motherboard.
    Read... how to flash (update) the BIOS.
    Then flash the BIOS to the latest version.


    THEN you can play around with new CPUs.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4,554
    several
       #43

    your picture might be too big especialy if it is a .bmp. there is a size limit for uploads . Change it to .jpg
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,202
    Windows 10
       #44

    Well clearly it has an LE bios on it so someone put the wrong one on there at some point. Just put the 4802 version for the pro model on there no need to over think it.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 62
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #45

    Thanks to all of you for your support and helpful comments... Going to bite the bullet tonight and flash the bios. Will report back once it's completed
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 23,163
    Win 10 Home ♦♦♦19045.4291 (x64) [22H2]
       #46

    Trebor58 said:
    Thanks to all of you for your support and helpful comments... Going to bite the bullet tonight and flash the bios. Will report back once it's completed


    Make sure you read the motherboard manual, thoroughly.

    On some ASUS boards, you MAY have to rename the BIOS file before you flash the BIOS.
    And that info usually isn't in the same location as the how to flash the BIOS section.



    Well, you lucked out...


    CPU upgrade no post-image3.jpg
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 62
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #47

    Ghot said:
    Make sure you read the motherboard manual, thoroughly.

    On some ASUS boards, you MAY have to rename the BIOS file before you flash the BIOS.
    And that info usually isn't in the same location as the how to flash the BIOS section.
    Thanks, Ghot, that's interesting and worrying... Where will I find out if my particular board requires bios rename, and what do you rename as?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 23,163
    Win 10 Home ♦♦♦19045.4291 (x64) [22H2]
       #48

    Trebor58 said:
    Thanks, Ghot, that's interesting and worrying... Where will I find out if my particular board requires bios rename, and what do you rename as?


    See the pic up above... I pulled the pertinent parts from your manual, and put them in the same pic.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4,554
    several
       #49

    The manual says if you are using ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 utility then you need to rename the bios file.

    If you are using asus ez flash 2 it does not say that.

    I expect that is because if you go directly to ez flash you can select the bios file you want manually.

    But if you are uwsing the crash recovery utility if you have renamed it to PH61MPRO.ROM, the utility knows that is the file you want and it loads it for you.

    CPU upgrade no post-asus-crash-free-bios-3.jpg
    Last edited by SIW2; 17 Apr 2023 at 08:19.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,184
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v22H2
       #50

    P8H61-M PRO BIOS 4802
    Version 4802 3.06 MB 2014/05/22
    Improve system stability.

    Download BIOS 4802 zip file

    Download file: P8H61-M-PRO-ASUS-4802.zip

    Extract BIOS file: P8H61-M-PRO-ASUS-4802.ROM

    Copy BIOS file onto flash drive formatted FAT32.

    It is better to flash the BIOS using EZ Flash 2 from the BIOS menu

    CPU upgrade no post-2023-04-17-07_57_59-e6328_p8h61-m-pro_manual.pdf-secured-adobe-acrobat-reader-32-bit-.jpg

    CPU upgrade no post-2023-04-17-07_58_27-e6328_p8h61-m-pro_manual.pdf-secured-adobe-acrobat-reader-32-bit-.jpg
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums