XMP Profile 1 and XMP Profile 2 on HP OMEN 25L GT11-0012na

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #11

    RoadBlaster said:
    which ram slots did you use for the 2 sticks of ram?
    2+4 - I managed to figure out that the 8GB was in slot 1 and I read that 2+4 are usually used for dual (but since there is zero information on this anywhere on HP's website it's possible it could be any other combination)

    Really don't want to have to start pulling RAM sticks out and moving them about again
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 465
    W11X64
       #12

    STU9000 said:
    2+4 - I managed to figure out that the 8GB was in slot 1 and I read that 2+4 are usually used for dual (but since there is zero information on this anywhere on HP's website it's possible it could be any other combination)

    Really don't want to have to start pulling RAM sticks out and moving them about again
    normally you would be A1 + B1 or A2 + B2, in either combo for dual channel mode?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #13

    RoadBlaster said:
    normally you would be A1 + B1 or A2 + B2, in either combo for dual channel mode?
    Sorry A1, B1... ? Do these sticks have to go in a certain order?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 465
    W11X64
       #14

    STU9000 said:
    Sorry A1, B1... ? Do these sticks have to go in a certain order?
    they have to be in matched channels for dual channel
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #15

    RoadBlaster said:
    they have to be in matched channels for dual channel
    Which is what slot combination? 2+4 is standard for dual (I heard) without any information to the contrary what else can I do but pull the things out and try different combos
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 465
    W11X64
       #16

    STU9000 said:
    Which is what slot combination? 2+4 is standard for dual (I heard) without any information to the contrary what else can I do but pull the things out and try different combos
    This video show it with 2 sticks:

    $1500 HP Omen Gaming PC: Another HOT Pre-Built! - YouTube

    XMP Profile 1 and XMP Profile 2 on HP OMEN 25L GT11-0012na-ram.jpg
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #17

    RoadBlaster said:
    That's not the model I bought but it might be the same motherboard ? looks like the sticks are in slots 1+3 but that doesn't mean they are dual - could be two singles ?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 465
    W11X64
       #18

    STU9000 said:
    That's not the model I bought but it might be the same motherboard ? looks like the sticks are in slots 1+3 but that doesn't mean they are dual - could be two singles ?
    Yes it does, every motherboard (except 2 slot mobos) you can get uses 1 ram slot space between ram sticks, what on earth are you thinking?

    So slot 1 +3 is dual channel just like 2 +4 is dual channel

    Unless there has been a big re-think in the industy to suddenly change the position of ram slots, every PC use on this site apart from the motherboard owners who only have 2 ram slots, will have the same combination for ram slots.

    You can also prove this with software - download CPU-Z to prove you are in dual channel.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 116
    Windows 10 21H1
    Thread Starter
       #19

    RoadBlaster said:
    Yes it does, every motherboard (except 2 slot mobos) you can get uses 1 ram slot space between ram sticks, what on earth are you thinking?

    So slot 1 +3 is dual channel just like 2 +4 is dual channel

    Unless there has been a big re-think in the industy to suddenly change the position of ram slots, every PC use on this site apart from the motherboard owners who only have 2 ram slots, will have the same combination for ram slots.

    You can also prove this with software - download CPU-Z to prove you are in dual channel.
    What am I thinking? Nothing - I'm just repeating what the internet said

    Is it so hard to imagine that two slots are for dual RAM and the other two are for two single RAM sticks? That's what I read

    Unless there is some section on the HP website or the instructions manual that didn't come with the machine suddenly appears there isn't much else I can do

    Where is this CPU-Z I think I used that before from this site?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 465
    W11X64
       #20

    STU9000 said:
    What am I thinking? Nothing - I'm just repeating what the internet said

    Is it so hard to imagine that two slots are for dual RAM and the other two are for two single RAM sticks? That's what I read

    Where is this CPU-Z I think I used that before from this site?
    Well maybee this image from my book will explain, memory it in 2 channels A & B.

    XMP Profile 1 and XMP Profile 2 on HP OMEN 25L GT11-0012na-ddr4.jpg

    With "1" stick you can put that in any channel otherwise you 2 sticks of ram as shown on diagram, or 4 sticks of matched ram (X4 Kit), so you have 2 dual channels working

    Just google CPU-Z & you will find the site to get it from.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums