How do i get my CPU down in temperatures ?  

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 311
    Windows 10
       #21

    There is nothing wrong with your temps lol
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Home Edition
    Thread Starter
       #22

    Malneb said:
    There is nothing wrong with your temps lol
    So when i put my pc at highest performance and im running a full virus scan with Windows Defender its normal to hit +9x degrees celcius ? Only reason im hitting just above 8x right now is because im not running at highest performance and manually adjusted my fans in BIOS.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 311
    Windows 10
       #23

    BossSiggy said:
    So when i put my pc at highest performance and im running a full virus scan with Windows Defender its normal to hit +9x degrees celcius ? Only reason im hitting just above 8x right now is because im not running at highest performance and manually adjusted my fans in BIOS.
    Because every single picture you have posted of fan temps you seem to think the max temp is your cpu temp for some reason. Its not

    - - - Updated - - -

    Min/Max is the calculated temperature range and the value column is the actual CPU temp. Every single picture you have posted of temps none of them are saying 80c+ degrees.

    Otherwise you may want to explain yourself better as there is discrepancy all through this thread.

    Ok lets do some math. Your CPU has a min TDP of 65w and a max TDP of 180w which means as soon as you boost under load then your stock intel RM1 cooler becomes ineffective. Your thermal junction is 100c which means you can safely operate up to this temperature.

    if you go over 100c then the computer throttles itself to minimize the temperature if you are only getting to 80c on a virus scan then you still have 20% safeguard before the PC even begins to think about throttling.

    Realistically there is nothing wrong here but most people don't want to be running those temps when for example something like a 3 din AIO is going to give like 30% running temps at any given time no matter what you are doing on the computer.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Home Edition
    Thread Starter
       #24

    I know minimum is what the CPU temperature was at its lowest point while i had the program open and that maximum was the maximum the CPU temperature was at while i had the programs open. But from what i hear a virus program still shouldnt make your CPU temperature go to 9x+ while doing a virus scan, stress testing progams like Cinebench its okay to hit around 80 C, because that puts you on maximum load and after a virus scan is when i take the scr shots, so that it can finish and i can see what it maximum hit during a virus scan.

    I know Intel puts it at 100 thermal junction on their homepage, but if you google what is the maximum temperatures i should have you will see that most sites says 80 is maximum under heave load and they explain that its because when you hit 80, your hardware starts melting slowly and your pc can easily throttle before 100 C aswell, ive seen that.

    the reason why people dont want to run so high temperatures, is because its not healthy for the hardware.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Malneb said:
    Because every single picture you have posted of fan temps you seem to think the max temp is your cpu temp for some reason. Its not

    - - - Updated - - -

    Min/Max is the calculated temperature range and the value column is the actual CPU temp. Every single picture you have posted of temps none of them are saying 80c+ degrees.

    Otherwise you may want to explain yourself better as there is discrepancy all through this thread.

    Ok lets do some math. Your CPU has a min TDP of 65w and a max TDP of 180w which means as soon as you boost under load then your stock intel RM1 cooler becomes ineffective. Your thermal junction is 100c which means you can safely operate up to this temperature.

    if you go over 100c then the computer throttles itself to minimize the temperature if you are only getting to 80c on a virus scan then you still have 20% safeguard before the PC even begins to think about throttling.

    Realistically there is nothing wrong here but most people don't want to be running those temps when for example something like a 3 din AIO is going to give like 30% running temps at any given time no matter what you are doing on the computer.
    I know minimum is what the CPU temperature was at its lowest point while i had the program open and that maximum was the maximum the CPU temperature was at while i had the programs open. But from what i hear a virus program still shouldnt make your CPU temperature go to 9x+ while doing a virus scan, stress testing progams like Cinebench its okay to hit around 80 C, because that puts you on maximum load and after a virus scan is when i take the scr shots, so that it can finish and i can see what it maximum hit during a virus scan.

    I know Intel puts it at 100 thermal junction on their homepage, but if you google what is the maximum temperatures i should have you will see that most sites says 80 is maximum under heave load and they explain that its because when you hit 80, your hardware starts melting slowly and your pc can easily throttle before 100 C aswell, ive seen that.

    the reason why people dont want to run so high temperatures, is because its not healthy for the hardware.
      My Computer


  5. NTN
    Posts : 976
    W10 19045.2546
       #25

    I do not have this motherboard and processor my self, but I read that there should be a option in UEFI/BIOS to tell the MB that you are using Intel Stock Cooler.
    You will loose performance, because it also lowers the power states.

    You may have a look there...
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Home Edition
    Thread Starter
       #26

    NTN said:
    I do not have this motherboard and processor my self, but I read that there should be a option in UEFI/BIOS to tell the MB that you are using Intel Stock Cooler.
    You will loose performance, because it also lowers the power states.

    You may have a look there...
    Ive looked at all settings like that in BIOS and turned something off that Intel tells you to turn off, because there is a description saying that its not healthy for the CPU and ASUS wants you to have it on, because it boosts your CPU. Only thing left i can do in BIOS i think is undervolting, but im trying to figure out how to do that, because apparently i cant use Intel XTU and Throttlestop for that.
      My Computer


  7. NTN
    Posts : 976
    W10 19045.2546
       #27

    This thread is incredible messy, very hard to sort out what your specs you got when you not have updated it......in your profile.


    This is your motherboard?
    And I am not allowed to post the link either....
    "https://www.cclonline.com/90mb1950-m0eay0-asus-prime-b660m-k-d4-matx-motherboard-for-intel-lga1700-cpus/"

    If so, there are lot of settings for cooling I read.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 100
    Windows 10 Home Edition
    Thread Starter
       #28

    NTN said:
    This thread is incredible messy, very hard to sort out what your specs you got when you not have updated it......in your profile.


    This is your motherboard?
    Just a moment...

    If so, there are lot of settings for cooling I read.
    Yes that is my motherboard. What settings ? Ive looked through every single BIOS setting multiple times and googled the settings that have descriptions for stuff like cooling, performance, etc.
      My Computer


  9. NTN
    Posts : 976
    W10 19045.2546
       #29

    PRIME B660M-K D4|Motherboards|ASUS Global

    New BIOS and Intel ME .........do you got this?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 311
    Windows 10
       #30

    BossSiggy said:

    I know Intel puts it at 100 thermal junction on their homepage, but if you google what is the maximum temperatures i should have you will see that most sites says 80 is maximum under heave load and they explain that its because when you hit 80, your hardware starts melting slowly and your pc can easily throttle before 100 C aswell, ive seen that.

    the reason why people don't want to run so high temperatures, is because its not healthy for the hardware.
    100c is your limit just because people are saying 80c well they are wrong it does not matter you cannot argue with statistics set by the manufacture.

    80c is a misnomer when t junction states 100c whoever wrote that 80c is the maximum is misinformed. Again most people won't want to run those sorts of temps because why would we when we can slap on a cooler that is rated for max TDP or one that surpasses the max rated TDP and be well on the opposite end of the spectrum.

    You already got your answers the thread is becoming redundant. None of your pictures are saying 80c value which is the more dominate value to be concerned about like if it stays at that temp and if you think you are running hot then the simpletons answer is get a better cooler.

    if you only peak a max every so often but when monitoring it you barley hit that mark on the value column then there is no issue the Thermal management is doing its job. As long as value never hits max columns value and sustains that then not really an issue and as long as its under T junction across the board then there is realistically nothing wrong as it is within limit.

    Intel stock coolers have always been notoriously on the edge of what is allowable, its been like that for the last 25 years its no different now.

    T junction is at the die it is also a metric that is tested vigorously in the lab. Heat dissipates because of the cooler, so at the socket and around the socket its going to be less as the heat dissipates. They would not specify a T junction of 100c if the motherboard would physically burn out because of it even though 100c is boiling point it translates different in this circumstance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here we go lets paraphrase directly from the data sheet. Which is something you cannot argue with and you also should spend time reading seeing as you want to under volt.

    https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/743844

    4.0 Thermal Management
    Processor Thermal Management

    The thermal solution provides both component-level and system-level thermal
    management. To allow optimal operation and long-term reliability of Intel processor-
    based systems, the system/processor thermal solution should be designed so that the
    processor:

    Remains below the maximum junction temperature (TjMAX) specification at the
    maximum Processor Base power (a.k.a TDP).

    Conforms to system constraints, such as system acoustics, system skin-
    temperatures, and exhaust-temperature requirements.
    Basically it is saying it wants the thermals to be < Max Tjunction @ Max TDP so.......

    CPU Temperature <> Max T junction +- Max TDP = Pstate.

    When the CPU throttles due to temperatures the equation would look like..

    CPU Temperature > Max T Junction + Max TDP = Pstate(Throttled)

    Yes there is other metrics involved and there is more than one Pstate and thermals are not linear as in the management is constantly active and working but regardless these are true equations.

    Not to sound grandiose either but if i relay information to someone generally its because i know what i am talking about.
    Last edited by Malneb; 28 Jan 2023 at 12:48.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums