Where do you buy your PC build parts?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 14,422
    Windows10
       #21

    It all depends on what a user needs e.g. if you are building a pc, there are a number of suppliers.

    If buying a second hand pc, shops in Aberdeen like "Cash Converters" can give a good deal (Caveat Emptor is somewhat applicable)

    If buying a new or refurbished pc, there are a number of companies. I bought my laptop being used now from Laptops Direct.

    I never select a specific site but do research to see where I get best deal (but only via reputable dealers).

    For same reason, I might use Amazon but would never buy from ebay (ok might take a risk if cheap enough).
      My Computer


  2. TV2
    Posts : 2,221
    W10 Pro 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #22

    Ghot said:
    Avoid Tiger Direct! Quite a few years ago they got busted repeatedly for remarking components and just general underhandedness.
    Now, they may have cleaned up their act, but who really knows.
    Good to know. Thanks.
      My Computers


  3. TV2
    Posts : 2,221
    W10 Pro 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #23

    z3r010 said:
    My absolute go-to supplier is Scan (UK).
    Newegg for the UK!
    They have my CPU cooler in stock! Although shipping to US would probably be more than the cooler.
    Should have had William & Kate bring it over with them!
      My Computers


  4. TV2
    Posts : 2,221
    W10 Pro 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #24

    cereberus said:
    It all depends on what a user needs e.g. if you are building a pc, there are a number of suppliers.

    If buying a second hand pc, shops in Aberdeen like "Cash Converters" can give a good deal (Caveat Emptor is somewhat applicable)

    If buying a new or refurbished pc, there are a number of companies. I bought my laptop being used now from Laptops Direct.

    I never select a specific site but do research to see where I get best deal (but only via reputable dealers).

    For same reason, I might use Amazon but would never buy from ebay (ok might take a risk if cheap enough).
    I do it similarly.
    I've just been noticing that for new build parts I've been stuck on the same 3 stores in the US. I'm wondering if the options have shrunk or I'm just being lazy and missing something. The magic-secret store where everything is half off!
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 27,033
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #25

    cereberus said:
    If buying a second hand pc, shops in Aberdeen like "Cash Converters" can give a good deal (Caveat Emptor is somewhat applicable)
    Cash Converters also have an online shop, there you can see and buy stock from any of their shops, not just your local branch. They are usually good at providing the machine specs, so 'caveat emptor' is relatively easy. They also have a 14-day no quibble return policy.

    I have been buying all my laptops from them for over 10 years now. I've only ever had to return one, and then only because it had a 7th gen processor instead of the 8th gen it was advertised as having.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 2,469
    Windows 10
       #26

    Ghot said:
    TUF boards are very good 6 layer boards. In short... quality boards.
    I've grown partial to Strix Boards too i own 4 Tuff boards and one Strix (Asking myself)Fanboy much
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 19,883
    Win 10 Home ♦♦♦19045.2546 (x64) [22H2]
       #27

    solarstarshines said:
    I've grown partial to Strix Boards too i own 4 Tuff boards and one Strix (Asking myself)Fanboy much


    Yeah, if you plan on serious overclocking ROG Strix are the way to go.

    And yeah, I are fanboy too. I'm my 6th or 7th ASUS board.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,469
    Windows 10
       #28

    Ghot said:
    Yeah, if you plan on serious overclocking ROG Strix are the way to go.

    And yeah, I are fanboy too. I'm my 6th or 7th ASUS board.
    Check out my scores with stock 13th gen no need to overclock or even buy a better GPU.
    We need to teach our folk all this buying $1600 GPU's isn't needed and their just going broke for a Gpu with fake uplift off what they're already running
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:53.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums