Overclock reset


  1. Posts : 74
    Win 10 Home
       #1

    Overclock reset


    I've got a Win 10 HP OMEN with a i7-9700K CPU which can be over clocked. If I decide to do this and I am not satisfied with the results, will simply removing/replacing the CMOS battery restore the CPU to the default clock setting?

    Thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16,095
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #2

    Save your current settings to a profile. Then set another profile with your OC. You can usually just hit F5 in BIOS to set defaults
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7,127
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #3

    miata54 said:
    I've got a Win 10 HP OMEN with a i7-9700K CPU which can be over clocked. If I decide to do this and I am not satisfied with the results, will simply removing/replacing the CMOS battery restore the CPU to the default clock setting?

    Thanks
    Yes in the worst case but most BIOSs recover automatically from this situation and load the BIOS defaults. Use a profile as suggested to recover your preferred settings.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 74
    Win 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Steve C said:
    Yes in the worst case but most BIOSs recover automatically from this situation and load the BIOS defaults. Use a profile as suggested to recover your preferred settings.
    Well, to show my complete ignorance on creating a profile, could you kindly step me through the process or link me to a tutorial? Where do I find the data to create a profile and just what data is needed? Is my BIOS page the data I need before and after I overclock? I know how to access that page.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7,127
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #5

    miata54 said:
    Well, to show my complete ignorance on creating a profile, could you kindly step me through the process or link me to a tutorial? Where do I find the data to create a profile and just what data is needed? Is my BIOS page the data I need before and after I overclock? I know how to access that page.
    Read your motherboard manual. There should be an obvious option in the BIOS to store a profile if the option is provided.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:40.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums