Show off your PC!

  1. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,507
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #811

    That's cool, a real Geek computer. Good job. Sounds interesting.
      My Computers

  2. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,072
    Windows 10 IoT
       #812

    Some of the stuff wired up to the second one, was prototyped on the first one. It's bread boarded, made to work, then moved (soldered) to the perf board and finished off. There was some, early on, and even occasionally now. Learning Linux was new for me. Windows forum I know, but 10 IoT is just to much work to do the same thing. And I'm learning Python as I go. Making the hardware do all the fancy stuff is all done in Python. In my case anyway. Others use C and Scratch etc. The second build is pretty close to being this, https://astro-pi.org/. A Pi A+ instead of a 3B, and a not so fancy, or as expensive a case. Anyway, there is more to computing than just AMD and Intel, :)
      My Computer

  3. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,072
    Windows 10 IoT
       #813

    lol, the case in the second build started off as a weather proof case, for what I call my weather clock. Problem being, all the sensors won't work in a closed environment. So the first order of business was to drill all kinds of holes in the now not weather proof case, lol. Even then, heat buildup from the electronics threw off the temp sensor on the sense hat. Under one of those yellow pill container covers is a temperature sensor. The other one, on top is the light sensor for the UV index.. The pill container covers are just there to protect the electronics from static and bump damage. small holes were drilled in them to let the air and light hit the sensors.
      My Computer

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,547
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #814

    copiertech25 said:
    Here is my IBuyPower. And my setup. Very basic system but getting a few Ryzen 5 parts in the near future.
    Nice looking:)
    Basic systems are great.
    I only had 1 BSOD with my Lenovo H530, and that was only during the early day's of Win10, when they started to require driver signing for Samsung Magician.
    It is a basic of the shelf system, so nothing to play with(in BIOS), hence nothing to break. It just functions really well, even when using multiple VM's at the same time(with Dynamic memory turned on).

    It just hurts my Geek Soul, seeing a running PC on the floor
      My Computers

  5. copiertech25's Avatar
    Posts : 466
    Windows 10 Pro; POP!_OS 20.04
       #815

    Cliff S said:
    Nice looking:)
    Basic systems are great.
    I only had 1 BSOD with my Lenovo H530, and that was only during the early day's of Win10, when they started to require driver signing for Samsung Magician.
    It is a basic of the shelf system, so nothing to play with(in BIOS), hence nothing to break. It just functions really well, even when using multiple VM's at the same time(with Dynamic memory turned on).

    It just hurts my Geek Soul, seeing a running PC on the floor
    I wish it could be on the desk for all the world to see. Lack of space is an issue though.....
      My Computers

  6. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,507
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #816

    copiertech25 said:
    Here is my IBuyPower. And my setup. Very basic system but getting a few Ryzen 5 parts in the near future.

    Looks like a very nice rig. Good setup.
      My Computers

  7. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,072
    Windows 10 IoT
       #817

    Some days I miss the old beige / white setups. A bitch to keep clean compared to black but I think they stand out more than the hide in the dark black cases. I'm not big on lots of glowey lights in my case. I'm not knocking it, it just doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather the case stand out on its own, looks wise. Old school I guess.
      My Computer

  8. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 7,086
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #818

    alphanumeric said:
    Some days I miss the old beige / white setups. A bitch to keep clean compared to black but I think they stand out more than the hide in the dark black cases. I'm not big on lots of glowey lights in my case. I'm not knocking it, it just doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather the case stand out on its own, looks wise. Old school I guess.
    So do I, but I love the performance of modern hardware.
      My Computers

  9. MattMcD488's Avatar
    Posts : 88
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (Insider Beta)
       #819

    Here's mine right after I rebuilt it about a year and a half ago:
    Show off your PC!-devilscanyon.jpg
    This was before I added blue led fans to the case and cooler and added a second cooler fan.
      My Computers

  10. copiertech25's Avatar
    Posts : 466
    Windows 10 Pro; POP!_OS 20.04
       #820

    MattMcD488 said:
    Here's mine right after I rebuilt it about a year and a half ago:
    Show off your PC!-devilscanyon.jpg
    This was before I added blue led fans to the case and cooler and added a second cooler fan.
    Very Nice. We have the same case.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums