Windows 10: Show off your PC!

Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,916
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Dec 2016 #651

    badrobot said: View Post
    Very nice indeed Cliff.
    As for PCI fans, you'll have more luck finding it online.
    Happy new year!
    Thanks, you too
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 7,502
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       31 Dec 2016 #652

    Cliff, Can you mount a regular case fan below the GPU? If so, mount one there blowing directly up into the GPU. Make sure you have a filter below the fan though. If the case doesn't have one, you can buy a magnetic filter real cheap.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,916
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Dec 2016 #653

    essenbe said: View Post
    Cliff, Can you mount a regular case fan below the GPU? If so, mount one there blowing directly up into the GPU. Make sure you have a filter below the fan though. If the case doesn't have one, you can buy a magnetic filter real cheap.
    It has a nice slide out filter on the bottom.
    I could mount up to 3 x 120mm fans on the base., I was thinkin of maybe two, for increased air flow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	552.5 KB 
ID:	115414

    Steve the reason is, when I'm benchmarking with Performance Test, I get lower disk scores, because my Samsung 512Gb PM 951 M.2 NVMe SSD sits between my CPU & GPU(NOT a good place for an M.2 slot MSI) and the SSD starts to thermal throttle, so I need to get the heat away from it quicker.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 7,502
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       31 Dec 2016 #654

    The Samsung PCIe SSds Have a reputation for doing that.

    Nice water cooling in your case.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    31 Dec 2016 #655

    Cliff S said: View Post
    It has a nice slide out filter on the bottom.
    I could mount up to 3 x 120mm fans on the base., I was thinkin of maybe two, for increased air flow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	552.5 KB 
ID:	115414

    Steve the reason is, when I'm benchmarking with Performance Test, I get lower disk scores, because my Samsung 512Gb PM 951 M.2 NVMe SSD sits between my CPU & GPU(NOT a good place for an M.2 slot MSI) and the SSD starts to thermal throttle, so I need to get the heat away from it quicker.
    You could move it to an empty slot on your MB ....using something like this adapter. Might work better and cool easier. Will not affect the speed either....this is just an example.
    Amazon.com: Lycom DT-120 M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter (Support M.2 PCIe 2280, 2260, 2242): Computers & Accessories
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,916
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Dec 2016 #656

    essenbe said: View Post
    The Samsung PCIe SSds Have a reputation for doing that.

    Nice water cooling in your case.
    That was just a pic from In Win of my case and the possible cooling arrangements Steve, I only have fans. Liquid cooling would be too much maintenance for my taste.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,916
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Dec 2016 #657

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    You could move it to an empty slot on your MB ....using something like this adapter. Might work better and cool easier. Will not affect the speed either....this is just an example.
    Amazon.com: Lycom DT-120 M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter (Support M.2 PCIe 2280, 2260, 2242): Computers & Accessories
    Thanks Mike, I'm hoping better air flow should take care of it. In normal day2day use, it's ok as nothing gets too warm then. But in summer, increased air flow will be better, in any case.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 7,502
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       31 Dec 2016 #658

    Cliff S said: View Post
    That was just a pic from In Win of my case and the possible cooling arrangements Steve, I only have fans. Liquid cooling would be too much maintenance for my taste.
    I knew that Cliff. Just being funny.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 13,916
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       31 Dec 2016 #659

    essenbe said: View Post
    I knew that Cliff. Just being funny.

    One thing though with the blue LEDs, the Vengeance LPX Blue RAM, looks black now. I wish the PC came with the Vengeance LED series.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    31 Dec 2016 #660

    Cliff S said: View Post
    It works well. When I benchmark(OC'd) with the case closed(I usually open it though), and the CPU jumps to 60+ and the GPU to over 80, the system temps only go as high as 40 + or - 5.
    Don't you typically get better air flow when the case is actually closed? Because the air comes in, circulates through and exits out. With the side off, you lose a lot of that controlled air flow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 66 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Show Us Your Temps in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
I thought since a lot of us on this forum are general PC (Windows) enthusiasts, that it would be fun to compare temperatures. The specific temperature I am interested in is the CPU temp. Please provide a screenshot showing your temps. You...
Solved TechSpot SSD Show Down in Drivers and Hardware
Was reading some info on SSDs over on TechSpot, and thought I would shear. Hope you find this info hopeful when deciding on an SSD for the first time or even if just upgrading from an old one. At the top of the food chain are Samsung's SM951 and...
Show us your Start! in Chillout Room
Show off your PC! in Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:09.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums