Show off your PC!

  1. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #151

    Arfer Daley said:
    I have to confess my main machine runs a SSD HD crucial 250GB Boot Drive but I would not trust them as a backup drive will stick with
    sata platter :) for as long as I can
    Well, who uses SSD for backup anyway? I don't. I only use SSDs as boot up drive. Data goes to HDD.
    SSDs can also be used as data drive. But backup?
      My Computer

  2. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,727
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #152

    badrobot said:
    Well, who uses SSD for backup anyway? I don't. I only use SSDs as boot up drive. Data goes to HDD.
    I agree.. spending that amount on backup would be a poor choice of money allocation.. IMO
      My Computer

  3. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,335
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #153

    SSDs are getting cheaper guys, remind me to look at this tread in couple of years.
      My Computers

  4. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,727
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #154

    CountMike said:
    SSDs are getting cheaper guys, remind me to look at this tread in couple of years.
    True... but until they can compete with HDD for over 1TB I'll stick with a good old HDD.
      My Computer

  5. 24c's Avatar
    24c
    Posts : 978
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #155

    badrobot said:
    Well, who uses SSD for backup anyway? I don't. I only use SSDs as boot up drive. Data goes to HDD.
    SSDs can also be used as data drive. But backup?
    I have 2 1TB SSDs for backup, what is the big deal about this? I have had about 50 SSDs, never has one gone bad. Way I see it, my machine, my money, my call.

    One thing about most of us on the computer sites, we don't lack for passion in our opinions.
    Submitted with all due respect, and a smile, for HD and SSD lovers everywhere...
      My Computer

  6. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #156

    24c said:
    I have 2 1TB SSDs for backup, what is the big deal about this? I have had about 50 SSDs, never has one gone bad. Way I see it, my machine, my money, my call.

    One thing about most of us on the computer sites, we don't lack for passion in our opinions.
    Submitted with all due respect, and a smile, for HD and SSD lovers everywhere...

    There's no big deal.
    Just pointless in MY OPINION.
    The point of the SSD is to speed up your system. But if you have an SSD sitting doing nothing but periodically doing backups, that is a waste and pointless. But if your point is you have the money, well, that makes sense. Or if you told us in advance that you are into video editing or heavy graphic jobs, well, SSD for backups is a very good move. :)
      My Computer

  7. 24c's Avatar
    24c
    Posts : 978
    Win 10 Prox64 - latest "final"
       #157

    badrobot said:
    There's no big deal.
    Just pointless in MY OPINION.
    The point of the SSD is to speed up your system. But if you have an SSD sitting doing nothing but periodically doing backups, that is a waste and pointless. But if your point is you have the money, well, that makes sense. Or if you told us in advance that you are into video editing or heavy graphic jobs, well, SSD for backups is a very good move. :)
    TBH - my main goal is speed - I can back up my OS drives very quickly - and very quietly - ALL opinions appreciated and respected, thanks to all who express them.
    I learn more from those that don't agree with me than those that do.
      My Computer

  8. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,544
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #158

    24c said:
    I learn more from those that don't agree with me than those that do.
    Oh, I like that. You should use that as your forums signature
      My Computers

  9. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #159

    24c said:
    TBH - my main goal is speed - I can back up my OS drives very quickly - and very quietly - ALL opinions appreciated and respected, thanks to all who express them.
    I learn more from those that don't agree with me than those that do.
    We all share the same goal. If you separate your data from your OS, you virtually don't need to backup any of your data (in my case, my data goes directly to NAS in RAID 1 mode). It only takes 2 minutes to create an image backup of the OS if your data is on a separate drive. I hope you've learn from this, too.
      My Computer

  10. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #160

    Cliff S said:
    Oh, I like that. You should use that as your forums signature
    That is true. A statement of acceptance that you are more or less.... wrong.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums