RTX 3000 SERIES /3060Ti 3070 3080-10GB-20GB 3090

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
  1. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,234
    Windows 10
       #1

    RTX 3000 SERIES /3060Ti 3070 3080-10GB-20GB 3090


    Welcome everyone this is a Thread for the 3000 series cards

    Pretty much what did you get and what kind of performance did you see over your previous card and was this a upgrade?

    I myself upgraded from a 1080ti not really a 2080Super i used one just to get by and returned it for full refund so technically i still waiting to upgrade

    We have a Array of flavors which Brand did you choose or will you choose and what are you upgrading from ?

    Please feel free to cover all areas

    Also today new Drivers release 456.55 the previous driver was 456.38 Official GeForce Drivers | NVIDIA
      My Computers

  2. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,234
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #2

    The New Drivers has made my card more stable with a higher clock on the core
      My Computers

  3. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,924
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    I'm considering getting a 3070 or 3080 in the early spring. I'm going to wait and see what AMD comes out with in the next couple of months.

    I was planning to upgrade an EVGA 1060 card, but I've decided instead to build a new rig for myself. I pretty much stick with EVGA, so pretty sure that is what I would buy.
      My Computers

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,298
    Windows 11 Pro 22000.194
       #4

    pparks1 said:
    I'm considering getting a 3070 or 3080 in the early spring. I'm going to wait and see what AMD comes out with in the next couple of months.

    I was planning to upgrade an EVGA 1060 card, but I've decided instead to build a new rig for myself. I pretty much stick with EVGA, so pretty sure that is what I would buy.
    If you do I would go with the NVIDIA 3080. The EVGA version of the 3080 has issues particularly caused by using cheaper components. The NVIDIA 3080 is stable.
      My Computer

  5. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,234
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Josey Wales said:
    If you do I would go with the NVIDIA 3080. The EVGA version of the 3080 has issues particularly caused by using cheaper components. The NVIDIA 3080 is stable.
    Sorry Josey but you are wrong i talked to EVGA earlier and i have a RTX 3090 no issues

    I also addressed the Caps issue let me tell you this my card is the most solid of all the Companies making them

    I also took shots of the back of the cards mine has room for six but only used 4 confirmed with EVGA the photos that are going around on Newegg are wrong
    Here is the proof photo 1 RTX 3000 SERIES /3060Ti 3070 3080-10GB-20GB 3090-caps3090.png is the false showing of 6 when in fact the second photo 2 RTX 3000 SERIES /3060Ti 3070 3080-10GB-20GB 3090-3090caps.png shows the real deal

    EVGA is totally safe with this i can vouch for this i have overclocked my card with no crashes to Desktop and it only Happens when the cards are overclocked because they have little to no room to upclock and that pretty much is the issue with the 3080

    Memory can be upclocked to +700 Core Barley can get to +70 if you're lucky Driver 456:38 allows little to no upclocking Driver 456:58 is allowing higher clocks with worse results meaning overclocking is pretty much roll of the dice or Silicone and i doubt many will get any higher than 2050 Boost like me
      My Computers

  6. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,298
    Windows 11 Pro 22000.194
       #6

    solarstarshines said:
    Sorry Josey but you are wrong i talked to EVGA earlier and i have a RTX 3090 no issues

    I also addressed the Caps issue let me tell you this my card is the most solid of all the Companies making them

    I also took shots of the back of the cards mine has room for six but only used 4 confirmed with EVGA the photos that are going around on Newegg are wrong
    Here is the proof photo 1 RTX 3000 SERIES /3060Ti 3070 3080-10GB-20GB 3090-caps3090.png is the false showing of 6 when in fact the second photo 2 RTX 3000 SERIES /3060Ti 3070 3080-10GB-20GB 3090-3090caps.png shows the real deal

    EVGA is totally safe with this i can vouch for this i have overclocked my card with no crashes to Desktop and it only Happens when the cards are overclocked because they have little to no room to upclock and that pretty much is the issue with the 3080

    Memory can be upclocked to +700 Core Barley can get to +70 if you're lucky Driver 456:38 allows little to no upclocking Driver 456:58 is allowing higher clocks with worse results meaning overclocking is pretty much roll of the dice or Silicone and i doubt many will get any higher than 2050 Boost like me
    Capacitor issues are causing RTX 3080/3090 crashes
      My Computer


  7. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,234
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    EVGA didn't send out any unit affected as stated above this article is telling half truths i just talked to a rep and he said the exact design i have is the ones that went out not the others and if it did those were review samples not consumers versions
      My Computers

  8. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,298
    Windows 11 Pro 22000.194
       #8

    solarstarshines said:
    EVGA didn't send out any unit affected as stated above this article is telling half truths i just talked to a rep and he said the exact design i have is the ones that went out not the others and if it did those were review samples not consumers versions
    EVGA sent them out to be tested , That is a fact:

    RTX 3080 Temperature Testing... Not the result we expected - YouTube

    Don't panic sell your GPUs just yet... Or you might be sorry - YouTube

    EVGA Geforce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming - Unboxing and Overview - YouTube

    Custom RTX 3080 Overclocking: EVGA FTW3, ASUS TUF, & Gigabyte Eagle Results (Stream Recap) - YouTube


    OK then where did all of these reviewer's get these cards??

    If you have access to YouTube you can find many more. EVGA cheapened the components.
      My Computer

  9. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,234
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Josey Wales said:
    Well the proof is in the card i have one and Zero issues believe what you want but EVGA caught it in production same with Asus

    Most of them had founders which has all 6 and the others that had 5 and mine has 4 meaning it was resolved before coming to me which means this was blown up to make someone look bad when in fact they rolled a driver out that pretty much settled the whole situation

      My Computers


  10. Posts : 494
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 x64
       #10

    Josey Wales said:
    EVGA cheapened the components.
    Yikes! Really?
    That reminds me of an unconfirmed allegation a person made of their GeForce GTX 1060 SC 3 GB cards. Apparently, eVGA now wants me to order thermal pads for my 2016 card.
    Even when it looks like it possibly will run cool enough, possibly even with an OC!
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums