AMD discussion

Page 46 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 412
    win 11 pro
       #451

    pparks1 said:
    Wish my microcenter would get some. They got some 5600xs the other day and they were gone almost instantly.
    They had 14 5800x ,when on line , at the store , only 3 left in the cage.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #452

    I'm reluctant to update BIOS for now as I have no plans for Zen3 series yet. At lest not until I see some more examples if and how it works out. Already seen at least om that did it.
    AMD discussion-image.png
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 412
    win 11 pro
       #453

    I update my X470 yesterday, BIOS has a bunch of new features , and RAM will do DOCP cl15 at 3600 , never would do that before , nice surprise and pick up a 5800x at Micro Center yesterday as well , but there is a bug , will boot to window ,can hear the desktop notification , will shut from power button, monitor shows no signal , did reinstalled windows , DDU driver , will have to find a solution .
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #454

    Bench Virgin said:
    I update my X470 yesterday, BIOS has a bunch of new features , and RAM will do DOCP cl15 at 3600 , never would do that before , nice surprise and pick up a 5800x at Micro Center yesterday as well , but there is a bug , will boot to window ,can hear the desktop notification , will shut from power button, monitor shows no signal , did reinstalled windows , DDU driver , will have to find a solution .
    Just to be clear, did you run 2700x with new BIOS at all ? Did it run OK ?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 412
    win 11 pro
       #455

    CountMike said:
    Just to be clear, did you run 2700x with new BIOS at all ? Did it run OK ?
    As we speak, 2700X with new BIOS , runs rather well ! but rather run my new 5800x , have to figure that what's wrong, will chat with ASUS later today.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #456

    Bench Virgin said:
    As we speak, 2700X with new BIOS , runs rather well ! but rather run my new 5800x , have to figure that what's wrong, will chat with ASUS later today.
    Do you see BIOS screen with 5800x ?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 412
    win 11 pro
       #457

    CountMike said:
    Do you see BIOS screen with 5800x ?
    Cant see the BIOS screen as well, no signal is all i get from monitor.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #458

    Bench Virgin said:
    Cant see the BIOS screen as well, no signal is all i get from monitor.
    Did you reset CMOS in between CPU changes ?
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 412
    win 11 pro
       #459

    CountMike said:
    Did you reset CMOS in between CPU changes ?
    Removed the battery, for ten min, reseated everything, even try a different GPU , reinstalled windows ,DDU drivers.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #460

    Bench Virgin said:
    Removed the battery, for ten min, reseated everything, even try a different GPU , reinstalled windows ,DDU drivers.
    Could may be try to use GPU in other slot ? Only first one is connected to CPU, others are slower but are connected to chipset.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums