AMD discussion

Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 246
    Win 11 Pro
       #91

    Gonna have some fun with you here. I finished building a 3900x that was planned for the office before Covid-19. I was bored last week and finished it at home. So I've my 9900k build and the 3900x build on the desk next to it at home.

    I'm studying how to get my G.SKILL 3200 CL16 to 3600 right now, doesn't seem to hard. But I might steel the CL14 that is in my Intel build for this experiment for better timings at 3600, maybe even try 3800.

    I'm in uncharted waters, I've been with Intel a long time, I built my fair share of AMD's for friends family and colleagues but never did OC with them.

    Enjoy your new stuff!
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2,380
    Windows 10
       #92

    AMD discussion-ready.pngGPU time
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #93

    Brawndo said:
    Gonna have some fun with you here. I finished building a 3900x that was planned for the office before Covid-19. I was bored last week and finished it at home. So I've my 9900k build and the 3900x build on the desk next to it at home.

    I'm studying how to get my G.SKILL 3200 CL16 to 3600 right now, doesn't seem to hard. But I might steel the CL14 that is in my Intel build for this experiment for better timings at 3600, maybe even try 3800.

    I'm in uncharted waters, I've been with Intel a long time, I built my fair share of AMD's for friends family and colleagues but never did OC with them.

    Enjoy your new stuff!
    Asus "talk" for XMP is DOCP, just enable it at first and see how it goes. Later on try what I did, enabled DOCP for first XMP 3000 but set memory to 3600MHz and presto, latency was lowered from Cl17 (as per XMP for 3600) to CL 16 which XMP calls for 3000MHZ.
    Another AMD driver problem, at least for my Rx 570 GPU. In last fast insider build with latest AMD driver 20.5.1 light was dimmed by 50% while previous driver 20.4.2 works fine.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 504
    Windows 10
       #94

    ignatzatsonic said:
    Yeah, AMD does have better integrated graphics than Intel. I'm aware of the G processors. I'll recheck, but I think I did look at the 3400G.

    Problem is, none of my tasks on a PC can take advantage of AMD's superior integrated graphics. Intel integrated is plenty for my needs.

    I choose Intel only because the AMD integrated graphics CPUs are weaker than Intel for my purposes. That does matter to me.
    Plus 1

    - - - Updated - - -

    CountMike said:
    Asus "talk" for XMP is DOCP, just enable it at first and see how it goes. Later on try what I did, enabled DOCP for first XMP 3000 but set memory to 3600MHz and presto, latency was lowered from Cl17 (as per XMP for 3600) to CL 16 which XMP calls for 3000MHZ.
    Another AMD driver problem, at least for my Rx 570 GPU. In last fast insider build with latest AMD driver 20.5.1 light was dimmed by 50% while previous driver 20.4.2 works fine.
    HDR getting in the way?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2,380
    Windows 10
       #95

    Well i am figuring out some good stuff on this chip mostly heat related hahaha

    I calmed it down actually but not ready to run benches i want to see if this paste will cure i was in a panic earlier lol

    I am scratching my head seriously you can't find Thermal Paste in real time anywhere like seriously the Pandemic got to that stuff too ???

    Well what i am getting right now it's best to lower the voltage mine (1.34v) set the memory to DOCP set ram speed to what it is put the FCLK at 1800

    Now i did lock in cores at 4Ghz but seriously the temps got nutty and i am not even sure if these are real temps most computers would have melted as high as this Chip went

    AMD discussion-3950x-temps.png
    Temps are starting to even out thank Gawd man i was worried for a moment but still not out of the woods yet
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 504
    Windows 10
       #96

    solarstarshines said:
    Well i am figuring out some good stuff on this chip mostly heat related hahaha

    I calmed it down actually but not ready to run benches i want to see if this paste will cure i was in a panic earlier lol

    I am scratching my head seriously you can't find Thermal Paste in real time anywhere like seriously the Pandemic got to that stuff too ???

    Well what i am getting right now it's best to lower the voltage mine (1.34v) set the memory to DOCP set ram speed to what it is put the FCLK at 1800

    Now i did lock in cores at 4Ghz but seriously the temps got nutty and i am not even sure if these are real temps most computers would have melted as high as this Chip went

    AMD discussion-3950x-temps.png
    Temps are starting to even out thank Gawd man i was worried for a moment but still not out of the woods yet
    Sounds like you been having fun messing about with testing and temps

    Try in bios in the CPU core settings. You can set the cores to run at the same speed or run them individually or automatic. Have a mess. This will obviously have a big impact on each core temp
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,380
    Windows 10
       #97

    Pluginz said:
    Sounds like you been having fun messing about with testing and temps

    Try in bios in the CPU core settings. You can set the cores to run at the same speed or run them individually or automatic. Have a mess. This will obviously have a big impact on each core temp
    With these bad temps that's not possible it boost to 4.4 on it's on 4-6 cores
    Now i am going to order some paste and do some more testing might even shoot for a 360 rad because i am using a 280mm

    Anyway it's tolerable for now but again this is DOCP setting not manual i need to understand the terminology they put out here to fully get what i am doing some settings aren't even worth touching

    Most of my Voltages are spot on except Vcore but at the same time it's that high to let that one core hit that top Ghz

    In my mind Thermals are everything if you can't control those how do you expect to control the chip lol

    So i am going to being my Voltage up to 1.35 take off DOCP input my own memory and hopefully cool it off a little all it is xmp mode
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 504
    Windows 10
       #98

    I take it youre running thermal paste right now?

    Oh yes for sure get your own best mem settings and max cpu id volts. Testing can be repetitive mind hehe

    I have a nice little tip for cpu thermal paste. I dont waste my money at that arctic silver crap anymore

    Loctite 5990, silicone absorbs heat like you wouldnt believe
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 16,064
    Windows 11 Pro X64
    Thread Starter
       #99

    solarstarshines said:
    With these bad temps that's not possible it boost to 4.4 on it's on 4-6 cores
    Now i am going to order some paste and do some more testing might even shoot for a 360 rad because i am using a 280mm

    Anyway it's tolerable for now but again this is DOCP setting not manual i need to understand the terminology they put out here to fully get what i am doing some settings aren't even worth touching

    Most of my Voltages are spot on except Vcore but at the same time it's that high to let that one core hit that top Ghz

    In my mind Thermals are everything if you can't control those how do you expect to control the chip lol

    So i am going to being my Voltage up to 1.35 take off DOCP input my own memory and hopefully cool it off a little all it is xmp mode
    Thats how I do my memory, seems to help. What temps did it shoot up to?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 2,380
    Windows 10
       #100

    Dude said:
    Thats how I do my memory, seems to help. What temps did it shoot up to?
    It got to shut down temps but seems to be responding better to the other approach i am trying
    Cinebench R15 without manually adjusting the cpu just voltage and ram

    AMD discussion-bench.png
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums