Upgrading my PC to this.  


  1. Posts : 179
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1

    Upgrading my PC to this.


    I have a i5 6600k and upgrading it. List below. I am going to reuse my Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1. My Acer Predator 27" 2560x1440@144hz monitor. And my WD Black 4tb HDD. Here is what I picked out.

    System Builder - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core, Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 3,453
       #2

    ern88 said:
    I have a i5 6600k and upgrading it. List below. I am going to reuse my Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1. My Acer Predator 27" 2560x1440@144hz monitor. And my WD Black 4tb HDD. Here is what I picked out.

    System Builder - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core, Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker
    Looks good but why the Noctua - the R7 3700X stock cooler is fine.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 179
    Windows 11 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Superfly said:
    Looks good but why the Noctua - the R7 3700X stock cooler is fine.
    I like the cooler. I know the Ryzens aren't the best overclockers. But I probably will. And this is the best Air cooler on the market.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,453
       #4

    ern88 said:
    I like the cooler. I know the Ryzens aren't the best overclockers. But I probably will. And this is the best Air cooler on the market.
    Very nice cooler... just saying - maybe overkill.

    All Ryzens are unlocked AFAIK - so no problem overclocking (however I do not overclock so maybe wrong)

    Personally I prefer lowering the voltage (I think Mobo manufacturers set it too high anyway) and thus lowering temps and PBO then takes care of the load requirements.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums