Hardware Thread 2020  


  1. Posts : 7,724
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #801

    CountMike said:
    Hi,
    Yeah Shawn posted a news thread whack they dropped the 24/ 48 version or didn't show it about the only one someone might afford at 1400.us like the 3960x
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,490
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #802

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Yeah Shawn posted a news thread whack they dropped the 24/ 48 version or didn't show it about the only one someone might afford at 1400.us like the 3960x
    This is new, since yesterday, 64 cores 128 threads. Task Manager would need 2 monitors to show them all.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7,724
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #803

    CountMike said:
    This is new, since yesterday, 64 cores 128 threads. Task Manager would need 2 monitors to show them all.
    Introducing new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processors
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #804

    Not just 64-core but also octa-channel memory. Which is very important too. Impressive chip!
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,535
    Windows 10
       #805

    slicendice said:
    Not just 64-core but also octa-channel memory. Which is very important too. Impressive chip!
    Octa-Channel memory Holly Tech Terms Batman !

    Most companies stay clear from AMD servers and Productivity use hopefully this will turn the Tide !
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 7,724
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #806

    Hi,
    Just noticed Micro Center has a 500.us gift card drawing for personal built pc subs ending July 31st and drawing August 3rd I believe
    Sure doesn't hurt

    Builds : Micro Center
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 19,490
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #807

    Just installed new cooler, Arctic Liquid freezer II 240 and temps are much worse than with my old CM Nepton 140XL.
    By default it has only one PWM connector for both, pump and 2 fans which is supposed to be connected to CPU_FAN header. On this cooler pump doesn't show rpm so I'm not sure if it's actually running or how fast. Radiator is very cool to the touch like there's no water running thru. Fan speed doesn't matter, even at lowest rpm temps are same. I also split pump from fans and connected it to AIO_PUMP header which I know sends full 12v all the time so pump should run full speed all the time.
    Going to experiment a bit, first to disconnect both radiator fans and see if temps change at all.
    If no change maybe I should turn radiator so hoses are at bottom instead at top like I usually install. Maybe there's air inside at top radiator reservoir.
    How do you guys install it ?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 7,724
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #808
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 5,893
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2
       #809

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Just noticed Micro Center has a 500.us gift card drawing for personal built pc subs ending July 31st and drawing August 3rd I believe
    Sure doesn't hurt

    Builds : Micro Center
    Some people will need to hone their photography skills in showcasing their PC's. Also note the signup page's images (and systems)

    Anyway I don't think I'll be posting, so...
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,724
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #810

    sygnus21 said:
    Some people will need to hone their photography skills in showcasing their PC's. Also note the signup page's images (and systems)
    Anyway I don't think I'll be posting, so...
    Hi,
    Since it states it's a drawing doubt anything professional needs to be done
    Didn't say anything about a voting process = most votes wins just a simple drawing.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums