Hardware Thread 2020

  1. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 109,479
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H1 19043.1055
       #1201

    New update for Revo Uninstaller Pro
    Hardware Thread 2020-revo.png
      My Computers

  2. Geneo's Avatar
    Posts : 1,098
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Retail 21H1
       #1202

    Kol12 said:
    But how can a new faster drive be cheaper than the older gen drives? Any sort of new SSD tech is usually expensive...
    Apparently It's because Samsung switched from MLC to TLC NAND in the 980 Pro line. Caveat Emptor. I guess you should compare the price to a 970 EVO, not a Pro.

    The Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 SSD Review: A Spirit of Hope
    Last edited by Geneo; 15 Oct 2020 at 11:40.
      My Computer

  3. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,042
    Windows 10
       #1203

    Geneo said:
    Apparently It's because Samsung switched from MLC to TLC NAND in the 980 Pro line. Caveat Emptor. I guess you should compare the price to a 970 EVO, not a Pro.


    The Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 SSD Review: A Spirit of Hope
    I don't think it's any faster than what i have atm i am using a 1TB 970 Evo plus for games load times are faster but not by leaps
    Just another sparkle in the dirt for people to spend on
      My Computers

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,829
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1204

    For you AMD Zen folk:
      My Computers

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,829
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1205

    @solarstarshines Tommy the 3080 got a 450W beta BIOS ,maybe keep an eye out if the 3090's get a new beta BIOS:
    EVGA releases 'XOC 450W BIOS' for GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA - VideoCardz.com
    Hardware Thread 2020-image.png
    EVGA_JabobF (Jacob Freeman):

    Due to many users request, have a new BETA BIOS that increases the maximum Power Target. This BIOS is only intended for the extreme overclocking user and does not have any other changes. Please note the following:

    This update will increase the power consumption while overclocking, and is recommended you have adequate cooling and power (850w+ Gold minimum) when using this.
    EVGA does not guarantee any performance increase or overclock while using this BIOS update.
    Any other questions or concerns will be answered in this forum thread only. Please post below your results and feedback!

    BIOS Instructions (Windows Installation):

    Download the correct .zip file below for your graphics card below.
    Extract the files to a location on disk.
    Make sure no programs are running in the background, and double click Update.exe
    Press “Y” to begin the update.
    DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!
    After update, restart PC.
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA – BIOS 1 (Normal) |BIOS 2 (OC)
    NOTE: There are 2 BIOS’s, one is for the BIOS when switched to the normal stock position, the other if switched to the OC position
      My Computers

  6. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,042
    Windows 10
       #1206

    Cliff S said:
    @solarstarshines Tommy the 3080 got a 450W beta BIOS ,maybe keep an eye out if the 3090's get a new beta BIOS:
    EVGA releases 'XOC 450W BIOS' for GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA - VideoCardz.com
    I'm going to wait the power limit only secures the boost for a longer period of time that's all
    Pretty much you need to use water in order to control it i might just go that way but not something i normally do
      My Computers

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,829
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #1207

    Might want to also keep an eye out if this link ever becomes active
    https://www.evga.com/EVGA/GeneralDownloading.aspx?file=3987_BIOS_OC.zip

    The 3080 card has 3897
    Hardware Thread 2020-image.png

    Identifier where the 3090 has 3987.
    Hardware Thread 2020-image.png
    The download link for 3080 OC 450w BIOS is https://www.evga.com/EVGA/GeneralDownloading.aspx?file=3897_BIOS_OC.zip
    So I tried changing the identifier in the download address to see if there was one for 3090, but nope, at least not yet.
      My Computers

  8. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,042
    Windows 10
       #1208

    Cliff S said:
    For you AMD Zen folk:
    I'm like WOW!
      My Computers

  9. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,654
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1209

    Cliff S said:
    For you AMD Zen folk:
    Whaheyy!!!
      My Computers

  10. solarstarshines's Avatar
    Posts : 2,042
    Windows 10
       #1210

    Cliff S said:
    Might want to also keep an eye out if this link ever becomes active
    https://www.evga.com/EVGA/GeneralDownloading.aspx?file=3987_BIOS_OC.zip



    The 3080 card has 3897
    Hardware Thread 2020-image.png

    Identifier where the 3090 has 3987.
    Hardware Thread 2020-image.png
    The download link for 3080 OC 450w BIOS is https://www.evga.com/EVGA/GeneralDownloading.aspx?file=3897_BIOS_OC.zip
    So I tried changing the identifier in the download address to see if there was one for 3090, but nope, at least not yet.

    They might have something planned for AMD to unlock a few extra's in the 3090 to edge it out on the competition
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums