Hardware Thread 2020


  1. Posts : 1,191
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #111

    ThrashZone said:
    Disable SGX in BIOS,. A step I have taken some time ago. SGX was intended to protect code and data but instead seem to be the source of a number of vulnerabilities, including this one.

    This is also not specific to Intel.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 7,724
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #112

    Geneo said:
    Disable SGX in BIOS,. A step I have taken some time ago. SGX was intended to protect code and data but instead seem to be the source of a number of vulnerabilities, including this one.
    This is also not specific to Intel.
    Hi,
    I have no idea what that is
    Disabling hyper threading is usually what most I've read says helps.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,191
    Windows 11 Pro x64
       #113

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    I have no idea what that is
    Disabling hyper threading is usually what most I've read says helps.
    Software Guard Extension. I would have thought your MB would have had a BIOS setting for that. If not, maybe it is disabled.
    Disabling hyper-threading would kill performance by 20+ percent and doesn't help in this case.
    tldr you don't have to worry about this. Data centers using SGX probably do.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 16,630
    Windows 11 Pro X64
    Thread Starter
       #114

    Geneo said:
    Software Guard Extension. I would have thought your MB would have had a BIOS setting for that. If not, maybe it is disabled.
    Disabling hyper-threading would kill performance by 20+ percent and doesn't help in this case.
    tldr you don't have to worry about this. Data centers using SGX probably do.
    Well said @Geneo

    Hardware Thread 2020-sgx.png
    Last edited by Dude; 12 Mar 2020 at 19:47.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 869
    Windows 11 x64 23H2 (22631.3155)
       #115

    GPU-Z v2.30 is available.

    TechPowerUp GPU-Z (v2.30.0) Download | TechPowerUp

    Version History v2.30.0 (March 13th, 2020)

    • Added Advanced tab reporting for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Windows 10 20H1)
    • Advanced tab now shows WDDM 2.7, Shader Model 6.6, DirectX Mesh Shaders, DirectX Raytracing Tier 1.1
    • Worked around Microsoft bug to fix DirectML detection on Windows 10 19041 Insider Build
    • Driver registry path for the graphics device is now displayed in Advanced -> General
    • Renamed NVIDIA "VDDC" sensor to "GPU Voltage"
    • Renamed AMD "GPU only Power Draw" sensor to "GPU Chip Power Draw" to clarify that this is the graphics chip only power draw, not the whole graphics card
    • Windows Basic Display Driver will no longer show WHQL/Beta status
    • Updated Renoir to be 7 nm
    • Added support for AMD Radeon RX 590 GME, Radeon Pro W5500, Radeon Pro V7350x2, FirePro 2260, Radeon Instinct MI25 MxGPU, AMD MxGPU
    • Added support for Intel UHD Graphics (i5-10210Y)
    • Added support for NVIDIA GTS 450 Rev 2
    • Fixed crash during DirectX 12 detection
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,724
    3-Win-7Prox64 3-Win10Prox64 3-LinuxMint20.2
       #116

    Geneo said:
    Software Guard Extension. I would have thought your MB would have had a BIOS setting for that. If not, maybe it is disabled.
    Disabling hyper-threading would kill performance by 20+ percent and doesn't help in this case.
    tldr you don't have to worry about this. Data centers using SGX probably do.
    Hi,
    Thanks yeah I don't see sge
    Saw disable bit like on @Dude screen shot thanks for that too Doug
    Maybe you have to be using uifi boot only or something x299 don't show I haven't looked on x99 yet.
    But again thanks guys
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 869
    Windows 11 x64 23H2 (22631.3155)
       #117

    The latest Intel RST driver is available at win-raid.com.

    64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID drivers v17.8.1.1066 WHQL for Win10 dated 12/20/2019

    Hardware Thread 2020-screenshot-170320001-.png
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19,517
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #118

    New PhysX FluidMark 1.5.3

    Download PhysX FluidMark - MajorGeeks
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 134,282
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 23H2 Build 22631.3296
       #119

    HWiNFO Version:6.24.4120.0 Released Today.

    Free Download HWiNFO Sofware | Installer & Portable for Windows, DOS

    Improved power monitoring of EVGA iCX 20-series GPUs.
    Added temperature monitoring of some legacy NVIDIA GPUs.
    Enhanced sensor monitoring on EVGA SR-3 DARK.
    Improved support of XGI Volari and SiS315/330 GPUs.
    Added option to truncate values in tray icons.
    Improved support of legacy systems with EISA bus.
    Improved driver management.
    Fixed support of Fintek F81866.
    Several minor improvements and additions.
    Added preliminary support of DDR5 SDRAM.
    Improved SPD and TSOD readout on Nehalem-EX and Westmere-EX.
    Optimized HWiNFO32 for legacy systems (Windows 95 supported now too).
    Enhanced sensor monitoring on Intel NUC and Compute Element.
    Fixed reporting of DIMM information of HSX and BDX systems.
    Added support of Nuvoton NCT6687D.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,254
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #120

    Polo6RGTI said:
    The latest Intel RST driver is available at win-raid.com.

    64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID drivers v17.8.1.1066 WHQL for Win10 dated 12/20/2019

    Hardware Thread 2020-screenshot-170320001-.png
    Aren't they stopping RST?
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums