Hardware Thread 2020  


  1. Posts : 2,535
    Windows 10
       #1151

    OldMike65 said:
    Motherboard is between 700+ or 4050+ depending on which ASUS ....cpu is around 735.00 ....not cheap.
    That's the problem you guys want those Ultraboards that really don't do that much better at overclocking but i get it

    The board i chose and the results speak for themselves ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting - Newegg.com

    This board was compared to a $400+ Board i wouldn't fall for that Godlike and Meg stuff those are all gimmicks names at this point

    For me i have to keep showing people you don't need those boards that's a wasted couple hundred so say you didn't blow it up lol
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 132,473
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 22H2 Build 22621.2361
       #1152

    Never blew one up yet .....I prefer only Apex boards mostly ....there is a better one thou ....
    But those upgrades are not till next year.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,535
    Windows 10
       #1153

    OldMike65 said:
    I'll stick with just getting a new GPU ...which won't be cheap either.
    RTX 3080 or the 3090 Evga
    You can always take my 3950x off my hands for $600.00 after i get my 5950x of course lol
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 132,473
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 22H2 Build 22621.2361
       #1154

    solarstarshines said:
    You can always take my 3950x off my hands for $600.00 after i get my 5950x of course lol
    Still a Intel man ...for now....you can keep it.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,535
    Windows 10
       #1155

    OldMike65 said:
    Never blew one up yet .....I prefer only Apex boards mostly ....there is a better one thou ....
    But those upgrades are not till next year.
    I understand you have a Image to keep up lol
    I just feel to pay that much for a board you might change out in two 3 years is too much but again we do it for the love not for the money!
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1,469
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 20H2 19042.844
       #1156

    Speaking of Memory Speed, and Motherboards, right now i have an Intel 10700 with DDR 4 2400 Speed ram, would it be worthwhile to upgrade to 2666mhz speed ram, or DDR4 2933 (max board, and CPU support lol))

    Motherboard is Gigabyte B460M-DS3H
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2,535
    Windows 10
       #1157

    AMDMan2016 said:
    Speaking of Memory Speed, and Motherboards, right now i have an Intel 10700 with DDR 4 2400 Speed ram, would it be worthwhile to upgrade to 2666mhz speed ram, or DDR4 2933 (max board, and CPU support lol))
    I would leave it probably won't gain too much jumping from 2400 to 2666 you could probably push the memory you already have to that in bios
    set xmp to 2666 chances are that memory is a higher speed kit but lowered because the board can't take use of the speed without being tuned!
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,535
    Windows 10
       #1158

    OldMike65 said:
    Still a Intel man ...for now....you can keep it.
    I bet you have Intel Tattooed on your chest hahaha next week a 3090 on your shoulder
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 132,473
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 22H2 Build 22621.2361
       #1159

    solarstarshines said:
    I bet you have Intel Tattooed on your chest hahaha next week a 3090 on your shoulder
    Well not next week on the 3090 ....just spent lots of money upgrading my 1999 Buick Riviera ....got to take a break.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 1,469
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 20H2 19042.844
       #1160

    solarstarshines said:
    I would leave it probably won't gain too much jumping from 2400 to 2666 you could probably push the memory you already have to that in bios
    set xmp to 2666 chances are that memory is a higher speed kit but lowered because the board can't take use of the speed without being tuned!
    Not sure if it's higher speed or not, purchased it in 2019, Crucial Ballstix Sport Red in color, DDR 4 2400 at the time, suppose could be higher speed kit, just don't know lol
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums